2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

A question for you all... I was near the end of a skein yesterday, but there wasn't quite enough left to do a full row on the baby-ghan I'm working on. So I cut off and started a new skein. Every other thing I've crocheted so far this year, I've either used the skein down to the last few inches (not enough to save and use for anything!) or finish the project with a good portion of the skein left. This is the first time I've managed to end up with a few yards of extra yarn left!

So I'm curious how to count it. Should I just give myself the +2 for the skein, or should I count those few yards as a little ball and only go +1? I'll use those few yards up when I make the hood for the afghan, but I don't think I'll get to that this week...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I'm curious how to count it. Should I just give myself the +2 for the skein, or should I count those few yards as a little ball and only go +1? I'll use those few yards up when I make the hood for the afghan, but I don't think I'll get to that this week...

I'd count it as a ball myself.

I'll be away from my computer tomorrow (when I usually check in), so I will report here for the week.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: -20

Things are looking, or rather, peeking up. My supervisor was able to get enough money to keep me on....at 60%....for one year. I can scrape by on that, I think, but no more trips to Spain!

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -20

I'll be away from my computer tomorrow (when I usually check in), so I will report here for the week.

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: -20

Things are looking, or rather, peeking up. My supervisor was able to get enough money to keep me on....at 60%....for one year. I can scrape by on that, I think, but no more trips to Spain!

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -20

Congrats Marzee on the extension!

:hi, all!

I haven't been here to post on this CAL for a couple of weeks... but I HAVE been :lurk to see what you've all been up to! Great job, everyone.. and Happy Summer! :cheer

Prayers and :hug to all!

Jain - I would also be screaming OMG!... that is so exciting!

LadyKats... holding you and DH in my prayers. How is he doing?

Ellie - great poem! I am so done with :rain! Hopefully, we'll see the sun tomorrow for a couple of hours :eek this has been the grayest May/June I can ever remember... I loved your poem!

Fellow Stashbusters: :ghug and best wishes for a Stitchin' Day!:devil

So that I don't miss the deadline again, I'm putting in my totals now:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +3 YTD +91

I finished my Armenius sweater and am working on another one, so I was able to go through 3 skeins. So far, I haven't picked up any more...

:hi, all!

LadyKats... holding you and DH in my prayers. How is he doing?

:ghug and best wishes for a Stitchin' Day!:devil

He is doing better, surprisingly he hasn't lost his hair. They tell us that he may not now since most lose it within the first three weeks. Side effects of the chemo only lasted 1 1/2 weeks this time so much better. He has a little of his strength back.

I haven't crocheted much more this week as I have a number of quilts to complete. Almost finished with Leanna's and I have one for hubby put together, just need to be sewed. Thinking of getting a quilt sewing machine if I can find one not too expensive. And I have a few fleece blankets that need to be edged. I wish I could stay home like a week and I could get caught up with everything. Did finish three skeins and am working on the fourth for the peridot ghan for one of the nurses at the oncology department. Maybe will get more of that done today. A friend was telling me about Acme Country quilt and fabric and I want to check it out as it isn't too far from here. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday if they are open.

Used 2 large balls of misc. yarn tied together. They were yarn left over from Plastic canvas kits. I was able to make a scarf and a hat.

So its a +2 for me.

well earlier today used up the ball of cotton yarn so +1 for me for a grand total so far this week of +12 yeah for me :yay:clap:cheer though my year to date is still bad but I'm working away on it

Posting early. Heading for the beach. It's our 28th annual "Cardboard Cup Regetta", which is a race for cardboard boats. Lots of fun.

Used up three points worth of yarn last night, so I end up with a score of

WTD=-2 YTD=+11

That darn Mary Maxim and their wonderful kits really hurt my score!:lol

:manyheart

Posting my score now as there is no way I will be finishing anymore today

Another week in the positives - heat here in WI was horrible so not much done :P Still need to get that ytd back into the positives :lol

+2 wtd

-55 ytd

Looks like many of us have a busy weekend planned. We neglected out yard for many years due to crazy work schedules. Now that we are retired it is time to try to get it under control so I'll be working outside until the body gives out. No more crocheting today.

WTD: 7

Third or fourth week in a row where my score is 0! How pathetic is that? I just can't seem to make any headway on finishing some projects I'm working on. Maybe with the holiday weekend coming up.

YTD: +37

Still on the plus side overall, though (phew!).

Patty

I have been crocheting like mad but did not finish any skeins that I can claim.

I did finish two balls from the loaner stash but they don't count as they didn't count coming in (aw shucks :wlol )

so a big repeat coming here...

This week -0+

This year -56

Archived