The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice jessica. It looks like grapes ripening on the vine for the soon to come harvest time.

Very nice indeed.

@Cara... I love to see yours posted. always a treat.

Finally have my photo taken :dance For my August scarf I wanted to give the feeling of a garden lattice. I kinda like this one :yes Patterns on the site for those interested :D I used the Caron Pounder in White.

post-9579-135897432907_thumb.jpg

Very nice Misa and Jess. I know what I'm making, just have had to many things getting in the way. Should have more time next week to work on it. Good thing it's a small one this month :lol

I have spent the last 30 minutes reading this thread. All the scarves look great!

I know it's August and I'm 8 months late, but can I join this CAL for the rest of the year? I think scarves would be great to crochet in between the afghans I usually make.

Also, maybe I could venture away from the usual Red Heart Super Saver and try some different yarns. Since a scarf is a small project, I might spend a little more money on a fancier yarn from time to time.

Sadly, I don't have a digital camera, so I can only tell you about what I make.

Can I join?

Cara and Jessica I love your scarves!!!!:clap

I never got around to making a special scarve for July, but here's my Aug scarf. It's just a shell scarf, but I used CSS in grape. Yup, Aug makes me think of grapes for some reason, lol. Same as July was going to be blueberries/raspberries if I ever made it! :lol

post-16860-13589743307_thumb.jpg

@ Cara... I am so sorry. I missed your post.

How did you know I have a special fondness for garden trellises. I so loved them with deep red roses growing over them in the summer. :dreaming :c9

Thank you so much for the lovely reminder. :hug

Here is my August scarf. Thought to get it right out of the way. It is going to Ann for Compassionate Creations.

[ATTACH]6130[/ATTACH]

Info on it is on my ravelry.

Finally have my photo taken :dance For my August scarf I wanted to give the feeling of a garden lattice. I kinda like this one :yes Patterns on the site for those interested :D I used the Caron Pounder in White.

Cara and Jessica I love your scarves!!!!:clap

I never got around to making a special scarve for July, but here's my Aug scarf. It's just a shell scarf, but I used CSS in grape. Yup, Aug makes me think of grapes for some reason, lol. Same as July was going to be blueberries/raspberries if I ever made it! :lol

[ATTACH]6283[/ATTACH]

I gave up on the glads scarf. I just could not get the right combo of colours to do justice to their beauty. However... this guy makes up for that in sheer length alone. :wlol

[ATTACH]6013[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6014[/ATTACH]

Wow awesome:yay:clap:cheerLadies

Cara I absolutely love your tagline. I am going to share it (privately) with a good friend who could use that bit of wisdom today.

Glad you liked it. I got in out of an email and it just tickled me :D

here's my scarf for the month of August it's orchid from Simply Soft and a white edging to display August's birth flower the gladious here's a picture of it on the floor and another one of a very patient model

post-23521-135897434339_thumb.jpg

post-23521-135897434341_thumb.jpg

Pretty. Looks good on the dog also!! My dog would have had it ripped of and probably torn off way before a picture got taken!!!LOL

here's my scarf for the month of August it's orchid from Simply Soft and a white edging to display August's birth flower the gladious here's a picture of it on the floor and another one of a very patient model

Lovely scarf and model!! :clap I wonder why the lines Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match popped into my head when I saw that photo though? :rofl :Rofl

Hey everyone! The August scarves are great. I started mine last night. Glad it's just a small neck one and not a large one. I overcomitted myself for August and just don't seem to find time for anything. Note to self "self, you don't have to join, volunteer, offer to do everything you see" :rofl

I should have mine ready in a day or two for your viewing pleasure :)

:blush Better late than never (or at least that's what I am claiming at this point):devil

Somehow the month of July rushed by (sort of like the other months of the year :lol ) but without future ado here are the July Scarves

One reminds me of the tube socks from the 70's knitted in a traditional rib stitch. The other is a diagonal stitch with the left over yarn from the knit scarf. Now off to work on August :hook.

post-3868-135897434701_thumb.jpg

Love those Kelly. Very pretty.

I found a really neat knitting stitch a while back. if I can find it and it is kosher, I'll send you a link. It is like a mini butterfly stitch.

Archived