The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Dava thata is so very pretty. I love that colour. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.

Love that scarf. I might try that for myself soon.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here is my scarf for the month of May the birth flower for the month of May is Lily Of The Valley so that is why I chose white

post-23521-135897405302_thumb.jpg

I got my May scarf done!

[ATTACH]1277[/ATTACH]

Well here is my scarf for the month of May the birth flower for the month of May is Lily Of The Valley so that is why I chose white

Awesome scarves ladies....

:clap

Woo HOO! :cheer Scarf was delivered today, so I can finally post my May scarf. Used a pretty green (Sprig) for the tree leaf colors in the early spring when they are so bright and fresh, lacy because it's summer. The pattern is from punkrockinchick's blog and was her March scarf. I used Caron eco and did change the edges up a bit. Really :manyheart this pattern. So, without further ado...here it is!

post-25113-135897405831_thumb.jpg

Darski, I :manyheart trees too, except when the storms come and they come down and I have to cut them up and clean up!!! Have had a lot of that this past year and my chainsaw has been very busy :( Plus, had to have a HUGE old magnolia tree taken down because whenever it was planted many, many years ago, it was to close to the house and now interfered with the roof and caused a leak. Hurt my heart it had to come down...but...

And thank you both for your kind words. This was such a fun scarf and looks great and easy to do.

Darski, I :manyheart trees too,

Plus, had to have a HUGE old magnolia tree taken down

Oh that hurts my heart. :cry. I understand completely but those lovely blossoms gone. :sigh

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. It's been quiet in here hasn't it?

I completely forgot all about my May scarf. I thought I already had it done but alas that was April's :blush

Now I have May done. I've also completed June's. It's become more of a shawl than a scarf though. So tomorrow I'll decide if I like it or not :lol

Cara, I have been debating whether to keep this on the 1st page but I figure it is fine if it goes 2nd over the month. All CALs have a life of their own and they come and go.

As long as we have our burst at the beginning of the month... this is ok too

I do have my June scarves ready. One is knitted and the other crocheted. I was going entirely for the fact that June is Wedding Month so Pink and White where my choices.

post-4896-135897412397_thumb.jpg

The white scarf combines the flowers from a wedding with the traditional wedding fabric - Satin. The yarn is Bernat Satin in the Silk colour way. I like the little cluster flowers at the ends

post-4896-135897412394_thumb.jpg

This pink scarf (I think) would look wonderful just lain over the shoulders with an off-white jacket. I only tied it to keep it tidy for the photo, (I also need a bowl cozy for my "shoulders":wlol )

post-4896-1358974124_thumb.jpg

Well now on to July... Needs more thought. I already have started my scarves for August but I have to get them finished really soon... been working on them in fits and starts since Feb. :eek

post-4896-135897412391_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897412398_thumb.jpg

Okay here's my May scarf. It's hard to see actually but it's yellow and white stripes. Just alternating dc and sc. Easy peasy :hook Hope I can get the new image system to work. This is my first photo since then :P

post-9579-13589741249_thumb.jpg

Darski and Misa love your scarves! I have the June one half finished. Have to work a couple of other things first and then can get back to it!

Beautiful scarves, ladies! :manyheart I have been so busy working to finish other projects that I forgot to finish my May scarf. So it sits, half-knitted, in a basket under my desk...which itself is a very easily viewed area...:blush Can't believe I forgot. Oh, well...I have a huge inspiration for June and July (4th of July is my favorite holiday :manyheart) so I know I will get them done! :clap

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been here for a while. I haven't been feeling that good since my gallbladder surgery in March, so haven't been crocheting all that much. I realized that I never posted my April or May scarves! :eek Now, let's see if I can figure out this new system :lol. I see lots of beautiful pics of scarves since I've been here! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!! :cheer

post-16860-135897412932_thumb.jpg

April scarf and May scarf

post-16860-135897412937_thumb.jpg

June scarf

post-16860-13589741294_thumb.jpg

Archived