The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer Great Scarves Misa and Dava!!! :cheer I love the colors of them both. Both remind me of summer flowers, which to me is the ONLY thing good about summer :lol I don't do heat well and we're getting the late summer heat now :( I wasn't ready, well, I'm never ready, but.....

I'm with you on that one :lol Summer and I are not friends except for the plants :D And I live in Texas! :sweat

Nice scarves Dava and Cara! I have some of that fantasy yarn and had trouble with it being very "splitty". Did you find that?

Had no problems with it at all. Maybe you just had a bad skein...Or were all your skeins like that?

I posted a response to this earlier...:sher

Anyhoo. I absolutely love your scarf. It reminds me of the tender fruits here in Niagara that are showing up in our stores now. :manyheart I am likely to think of your scarf now every time I look at the fruits and berries. :wlol

guess i'd better post my June scarf before it is July ( how time flys:lol)

i was thinking wedding rings and had this MAM in mind for a long tine- in retrospect i should have used a rose rather than pink :think but i wasn't going to frog it at that point!

post-13221-135897420259_thumb.jpg

I love that one. I have tried that technique for a square but it looks so much nicer in this form. :cheer

I rather like the effect of more colours rather than just copying those from the varigated.

guess i'd better post my June scarf before it is July ( how time flys:lol)

i was thinking wedding rings and had this MAM in mind for a long tine- in retrospect i should have used a rose rather than pink :think but i wasn't going to frog it at that point!

Oh Lynn! That's lovely! Excellent job :clap

Lynn, I love it! Very unique. I'm with Darcy, I like that design better in the scarf MAM form!

thanks actually i do as well, the square can be kinda loosey goosey, i have a pattern for a pentagonal "square" with 5 rings -- we'll see how that does one of these days

Nearing :heeheethe end of June and I finished both today :sweat

Reason for the color choice - someone mention weddings on page one for the month of June and I went with that.

I picked a pink and white tweed yarn from Bernet called Rose Denim for the first scarf it reminded me of Pink roses and baby breaths.:flower

The second scarf is Homespun yarn color Deco it reminded me of a champagne and thought of bridal dresses or the toast to the happy couple. Same pattern was used on both just changed the hook size :hook

I have started the July scarfs after I tucked in these ends:kickso I hope that I have a great head start :blush

PS Are we still suppose to post scarves in photobucket?

post-3868-135897420421_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897420425_thumb.jpg

Those are lovely. What pretty colours fer shure.

With the change in the photo policy here at the Ville we sort of lost track of the Photobucket account. I guess we should post there as well. I just could never get there from here :rofl

Lynn and Kelly, those are really nice! Kelly, what pattern did you use?

Pattern is in a Annie's Attic Book called Gifts to make in a day

Design is by Elizabeth Ann White

Melissa, I :manyheart this scarf! What pattern did you use???? Did you make the hat too? If so, what pattern :lol? I :heart making hats!

Totally wonderful scarf.

I have my scarf for July but I lost track of the month. I'll get a pic tomorrow and post it.

Boy is my face red :blush

:wlol

Archived