The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got my March & April scarf done! :yay

3401446999_2c0c61c7e3_m.jpg

March scarf. Made with Moda Dea Sassy Stripes.

3402253650_62c9c46e9c_m.jpg

April scarf. made with Yarn Bee Italia.

oh my gosh that is so beautiful I love your scarves especially the scarf you made with the yarn be Italia that is so impressive

Those are great Jessie. Love the colours.

I have 2 done for April but I want to make another one... just waiting for divine inspiration to strike is all. :wlol

:( I started one for April and it didn't lend itself well to the yarn I had chosen. I'm back to square one without a clue what I'm going to do for April :sigh

Love your scarves Jess! :clap

Well, I'll be starting my April scarf today. Hopefully I also get it finished today :lol Now, if I can just stop being distracted by shiny objects :D

:( I started one for April and it didn't lend itself well to the yarn I had chosen. I'm back to square one without a clue what I'm going to do for April :sigh

did you check out Rachel's new finds for us this week... she found some nice bits.

There is a link a couple of posts back to the newbies page.

Here are the two scarves I have made for April. One celebrates the return of all the pastels into our view of the world and the other is only a foreshadow of the April scarf I hope to make. I want something to represent rain. I had a cute idea for a raindrops and umbrella scarf but that isn't quite it either. Well whatever... I will keep thinking for the rest of the month and hope that inspiration and yarn come together.

I Love my pastels... well ok love primary colours too... and um jewel tones are so precious... well you know what I mean...

apr1.jpgapr2.jpg

The flower is the Keyhole for this scarf

apr3.jpg

This one is just a nice little bit to have around your neck to keep out any lingering chilly air. I made the hat and had to bust the rest of the skein so this little scarf came into being. It has that liquid quality that some yarns can have so I felt that it qualified for an April Scarf.

apr2-1.jpg

apr2-2.jpg

The funny thing is that I still have yarn and I am making another light weight scarf for the stashbusting score I can get from it. :wlol

Speaking of which... I think I am going to have to shop for some yarn and let the yarn inspire me. Ocean might be good... hmn :think

Love the scarves!

My April one from a partial skein I had. Not the scarf I wanted to make or the yarn I wanted to use, but I think it came out okay :)

th_AprilScarf.jpg

Beautiful scarves, Darski and Toni! :hook Still no inspiration for me...but the month has just begun. Hopefully when I go through my scraps for the Scrap Swap I will see what I really have and can work with it!

Love the scarves!

My April one from a partial skein I had. Not the scarf I wanted to make or the yarn I wanted to use, but I think it came out okay :)

th_AprilScarf.jpg

that is so neat. I love the way the background of your album seems to have every colour from the scarf. Totally Wow!

I don't seem to get those neat patterns formed with my varigated yarns :think

that is so neat. I love the way the background of your album seems to have every colour from the scarf. Totally Wow!

I don't seem to get those neat patterns formed with my varigated yarns :think

Oh, wow, I didn't realize about the colors! You're right! The background is a picture I took at the beginning of a waterfall that is up the road from me and is a beautiful area with great hiking, birding and floral trails.

As for the neat patterns with variegated yarn, sometimes it works out great, other times it doesn't. Just a throw of the dice :lol

Beautiful scarves, Darski and Toni! :hook Still no inspiration for me...but the month has just begun. Hopefully when I go through my scraps for the Scrap Swap I will see what I really have and can work with it!

Thanks, my inspiration went out the window when the first one I wanted to do didn't work out :( So, fell back on a simple pattern with the yarn I had only used a little out of, and the yarn was my inspiration. It's very "seasonal" looking to me.

such yummy scarves!!!

mine for April- not sure( now that it's done ) that it would be a warm scarf- more of a novelty thing to wear as an accessory perhaps-anyway- it is a panel from an afghan i am going to make - i wanted to practice - and i am soooo proud of myself- after 40+ years crocheting i finally figured out how to change colors without gaps and wavy lines. Who says you can't teach an old dragon new tricks:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

th_pictures204.jpg

well... here it is:

th_Lynnesscarf005.jpg

My friend, Lynne, needed a scarf to match these designer mittens she bought, so I went for it!

I made 2 milestones with this project:

1. I worked with wool for the first time

2. I learned how to do a hdc purl stitch, so the scarf has an obvious front and back side (recommended in the help section here at C'ville by PhotoJenic... :ty)

The leaves were inspired by the Irish Lace Scarf CAL (thanks, Happy Bunny!)

...and the roses are from the Mother's Day CAL (thanks, Heart!)

overall, I am pleased with how this came out, especially since it was a "create as I go" project! Hopefully, I am keeping up with all you AWESOMELY creative friends :ghug

thanks for peeking and have a great day, all!

LeaAnne your scarf is amazing! Great job :clap

I forgot to put my picture up :blush So here it is. It's made with Red Heart Collage which does that beautiful banding on its own.

april.jpg

Archived