The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok Darski, I gave this a try and apparently I have no Idea how to crochet over knitting needle...

I would suggest that you should start smaller. try to just work over the end of one of your hooks and then you can work up to a larger size.

You need to pull up a loop that reaches the 'top' of your broomstick. Hold it in place while you scoop down with your hook to go into the stitch and pull through a loop (as usual) Bring that loop up to meet at the top then do your sc. It takes more believing than understanding. It will work :yes

I would suggest that you should start smaller. try to just work over the end of one of your hooks and then you can work up to a larger size.

You need to pull up a loop that reaches the 'top' of your broomstick. Hold it in place while you scoop down with your hook to go into the stitch and pull through a loop (as usual) Bring that loop up to meet at the top then do your sc. It takes more believing than understanding. It will work :yes

Ok got it... thanks...

I tried that and it looks pretty nice. I think I might try it with a nice baby weight for the spring. :manyheart

Yes... it does seem to say Spring somehow. I really like that effect and might use it again for another month. I have started one in crochet with multiple pastels just to see how I like it in crochet (Ok I ran out of pink yarn and this seemed like my best solution :rofl )

I live in the Niagara Region of Canada and in Niagara Falls the spring Blossom Festival is a very important event. (However, they don't seem to advertize it and I could not find a website for you to visit to learn about it. :rofl )

Well as a very young child, I remember coming on a bus charter with my Grandmother to see all the blossoms on the trees. To this day, I stop to look at and enjoy the blossoms in their season. :dreaming

My first scarf represents those beautiful blossoms on the trees. This started out as some other project (can't remember which now) but it was going nowhere. Trying to come up with an appropriate scarf for May and looking at the leafy green yarn this one came into being. I may post the pattern for this one...

[ATTACH]521[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]522[/ATTACH]

My second one came about because I wanted to test the drop stitch pattern and the pink yarn was nearby (just in the :frog pond ) The soft pink colour and the open pattern got me to thinking it would make a nice Mother's Day gift. it would be just enough in changing weather conditions to warm your neck to keep chills away but not so much that you feel it.

[ATTACH]523[/ATTACH]

Now if I can get the new photo system to work out...

:wlol

Ok, Darki...I am baffled by this. I picked up my knitting needles again today to see if I could work this out. I tried a drop-stitch video on YouTube but it seems that when I dropped the stitch they would come out horizontally in the end result, whearas yours are vertical, does that make sense. So...did you just use a larger needle for the "drops" in the pattern? :blush:(

Ok, Darki...I am baffled by this. I picked up my knitting needles again today to see if I could work this out. I tried a drop-stitch video on YouTube but it seems that when I dropped the stitch they would come out horizontally in the end result, whearas yours are vertical, does that make sense. So...did you just use a larger needle for the "drops" in the pattern? :blush:(

the yarn you drop is the double wrap (yarn over twice) between each stitch on row 5.

On row 6, you knit each stitch again and just let the wraps fall off the needle (Ok I push them off :rofl) gravity will eventually pull them down.

If that isn't clear I will look for a vid that shows it more clearly.

darksi

i love the blossom scarf pleaaaaaaaase i need the pattern :hug

Hi there, how have you been? I've missed you.

I will get my notes typed up and let you know when I post it.

And thank you.

Melissa, both are beautiful!! What kind of yarn are you using for the first one?

Well...I did it! :clap I made the knit drop stitch (or is called double drop stitch?) I Googled double drop stitch and found a pattern for it. I am so excited. I will post a pic but it is just a practice run, now that I know how to do it I will start my actual scarf. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Melissa, both are beautiful!! What kind of yarn are you using for the first one?

Well...I did it! :clap I made the knit drop stitch (or is called double drop stitch?) I Googled double drop stitch and found a pattern for it. I am so excited. I will post a pic but it is just a practice run, now that I know how to do it I will start my actual scarf. :cheer:cheer:cheer

:clap:cheerYou Go Girl!!!!:cheer:clap

Love them all! I have my May scarf done, but can't post picture until my summer swap partner gets it :lol But, it's DONE!!!

Archived