The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am nearly finished with a scarf this month.

Although it is NOT a March scarf. I am doing a red wool with a hat for a coworker to match some "designer" mittens she bought.

I will post pics when it is done, and then would like to do a springy scarf (or 2) in April.

Everyone's scarves are LOVELY :dreaming

I really enjoy all of the "eye candy" :c9

Well I posted my scarf for the month of march on photobucket now I'm working on figuring out April

That is so pretty. I love that yellow. Reminds me of waiting for the daffs to bloom.

HI ladies I took photos of my Feb and march scarfs I made but cant post in the next few days..

My sisters eldest chihuahua has be kept in the hospital today and tomorrow we got to go to Vestal NY to get her a ultrasound as the vet took her blood work and xray today and she fnds the doggies pancreas and liver inflamation doctor thinks its cancer so imagine how we are all here...

So when i get a chance i will post photos...

hugs

Lillibet

I finally uploaded my February scarf to photobucket. I am almost done with my March scarf. I used Cara's(Misa) March pattern.

that is such a cute scarf I love it the hearts and lace can't wait to see your March scarf

I finally uploaded my February scarf to photobucket. I am almost done with my March scarf. I used Cara's(Misa) March pattern.

Just a quick request to everyone, when you post your pics could you put in a link. it just saves all that :thair when photobucket won't let us in to see stuff.

I'll head backto that first post to find the link but it would be easier with a link here. i don't know why photobucket hates me as I have never, ever done anything bad to them :lashes

:rofl

Edited to add: that is a great scarf. so pretty.

Here are the entries for March

Decided to make one for the man in my life - crocheted

th_Marchscarf.jpg

Clickable

And here is number 2 for March, this one is knitted pattern is multi-directional scarf

th_Marchscarf2.jpg

clickable

Off to post them in photobucket. Still have no idea what to do for April both the pattern and the color :think

I love those Kelly. I really like how the varigated works into an almost Argyle pattern... totally neat.

I tried the knitted multi but just got swamped with other stuff and never finished it. Maybe it's time I gave it another try. :wlol

Beautiful scarves, Kelly! I also like how the variegated looks almost like argyle.

I'm not feelin' any inspiration for April yet. It's not really cold here anymore but I'm not in a "spring scarf" mood yet. So I will keep waiting and see what happens. :hook

Well I finally found a yarn that I will use for making the scarf, now I need to think of a pattern. I have decided to continue to make warmer scarves due to the cold winters :wbrr:wcold in Wisconsin. I will focus more on the colors. :hook

This pattern is in CPC's news this week and it looks like it could be very useful to us this year

http://acpatternsuk.blogspot.com/2009/03/abigails-scarf.html

I would encourage everyone to check out the scarves and stoles that Rachel has found this week...

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/new_patterns.php

I hope to use the pattern from the "Monroe Lacy Stole" at some point this summer... so pretty.

those links are awesome, Darski!

It's nice to see so many fun things to make for the warmer weather that is sure to come... eventually?!:think

Have a nice one, all!

See you soon! :ghug

Hi gang,

Well since I frogged my scarf completely out last night (the yarn did not lend itself well to the pattern) and started a different scarf, I will not have a submission for March but am drooling over all of yours!!!

School (algebra) is kicking my butt so my crochet time keeps dwindling more and more. Add to that a fire and tornado at my workplace in the same week and finding out that I have fibroids and the drs. recommending surgery and I am off track quite a bit lol!!! I need a long vacation with no deadlines so I can just crochet away.

Paulissa, I will be praying for you. Please know that people here care about you and the scarves are neither here nor there when it comes to real life and getting through the day.

:hug

:ghug

((((Paulissa)))) I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bad week! A fire and a tornado, yikes! Were you there for both of them? How scary.

Good luck with your fibroids and surgery. I will be praying for you! I found out several weeks ago that I have an endometrioma on my c-section incision, the dr. doesn't recommend surgery unless it grows, but it does cause some pain around that time of the month, so I am contemplating it.

I have frogged my March scarf twice now, have got another ball of the green in the sale, so now I have started again. Going to knitt untill the 1st ball of light green runs out, then knitt the 2 darker green and then finish with the lighter green. Only doing garter stitch and using Patons Moonglow on 8mm needles.

Yep I was at work for both the tornado and the fire so it's been nuts!

I do believe that I will be having the surgery and getting the worry over with. As a breast cancer survivor, I would rather lessen the pain and chance of recurrence, etc.

Thanks for the hugs.

Thanks Darski,

Right now about the only thing that keeps my mind from racing is crocheting so if I could make some progress that would be good. I have a 2nd opinion scheduled for this Friday and will make my decision from there.

It is so great to be amongst such a community of friends. You are all just wonderful.

Archived