The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful scarves, ladies!

I don't think I will be making one for April. I just didn't have any inspiration for one. I will be making one for May though and I already have a general idea for it. My daughter's school is offering free knitting classes now so I will be going to my first class on Wednesday! Yay! So my May one is going to be my first-ever knitted project. :clap

I don't think I will be making one for April. I just didn't have any inspiration for one. I will be making one for May though and I already have a general idea for it. My daughter's school is offering free knitting classes now so I will be going to my first class on Wednesday! Yay! So my May one is going to be my first-ever knitted project. :clap

That will be wonderful. I am so proud of you for taking this on. :2hug

:clap you will love it, Iam teaching myself to knitt, I like it, but takes alot longer to do than crochet. Love the drape and texture of the fabric it produces.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much, between having had an emblation, work, and school but I'm still trying to finish my April scarf.

I wanted to say thank you to all of you who held me up in prayer; it is sooooo appreciated.

I'm dealing with a good deal of depression right now; too many things going on and not enough time to just restore myself but I'm working on it.

Hi everyone,

I'm dealing with a good deal of depression right now; too many things going on and not enough time to just restore myself but I'm working on it.

Focus on one thing at a time and don't worry about the others. If you need to take the time to rest do it. It's ok to rest in God's grace. Make a list (which I hate to do) and prioritize them. Between every item, put rest. As a matter of fact it would be a good thing if you took one day a week a dedicated it to rest. You could crochet, visit with friends or just sleep. Right now, your healing is more important than all those things you have to do. I hate the tyranny of the urgent.

I am making myself do the very same things.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much, between having had an emblation, work, and school but I'm still trying to finish my April scarf.

I wanted to say thank you to all of you who held me up in prayer; it is sooooo appreciated.

We love you here and will keep the prayers going. Do what you need to do to get better.

I have been in clinical depression and I know how debilitating it is. Just keep giving everything to God and eventually you will find you are better. However I believe that medication is part of God's plan for our wellness so take your meds too :wlol

Well I finally have a pattern (adaptation) for my May scarf. I don't know why this was such a challenge but it sure was.

I have a plan for June but May was just lost. :wlol

Wow, Dava!

I really love your scarf! it is very springy...

just lovely...:c9

thank you.

Here is my March scarf I used Patons Moonglow that I got in the sale 2 balls of each colour (50g balls), I knitted untill the 1st ball ran out, then knitted the 2 balls of green, then the other ball. The beige colour is the old leaves and the green is the new leaves.

Marchscarf.jpg

I really like this these colors are very pretty, cool idea...:)

Finally got around to adding my April scarf. White diamond-looking type shells for April's birthstone.

aprilscarf-1.jpg

I love it that is so gorgeous

Suzy & Krazy- those scarves are lovely! :c9:clap WTG!

so... here's the cool news, ladies... the #1 fashion trend for the spring and summer is SCARVES!!!!!

woot! Darski! You are right on it, girl, starting this CAL!

Suzy & Krazy- those scarves are lovely! :c9:clap WTG!

so... here's the cool news, ladies... the #1 fashion trend for the spring and summer is SCARVES!!!!!

woot! Darski! You are right on it, girl, starting this CAL!

Personally, I think that genius just drifts around the Ville and we all get dabs of it here and there.

I am really looking forward to making my June scarf as a light scarf/wrap. I want it to be so light and fresh... Ain't scarves grand!!

That will be wonderful. I am so proud of you for taking this on. :2hug

Thanks, Darski. It is also another hurdle for me in that most of the women only speak Spanish. While I have learned some conversational Spanish thanks to high school classes and my dh's family (they are Mexican) it was really difficult to get through that class yesterday! LoL I've certainly never learned knitting terms. :lol

Krazy- the drape and movement of the fabric is what convinced me to try it- it seems to be thinner than crochet and that will be nice for summer, I think.

((((((Paulissa)))))) Take care of yourself first, sweetie. I've dealt with depression myself (and PPD after my second baby) and it is so difficult. :hug

suzy- beautiful scarf! :clap

Ok I uploaded pictures of my scarf for the month there are 2 scarves I made for this month

So.. um where did you upload them and can you post a link please.:hug

if it is the scarf account at photobucket - I can't get into it unless I am already in it from a link.. :eek

Below are the scarves I made for April.

Above clickable image is made with Caron Pounder in Lilac and crocheted.

Some reason Lilac has always meant to be a spring color for me :crocheting

th_April2.jpg

This clickable image is knit in a rib pattern yarn color is called Easter Basket which I thought was appropriate :rabbit

Enjoy :D

post-3868-135897400584_thumb.jpg

Archived