The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

Hello all, I would like to jump in and do an October scarf. I'm new to the forum and a fairly new crocheter so it won't be fancy. I'm doing a long striped one working in back loops only to get a flat ribbed look.

Welcome to the group! :hug Sounds like it'll be a great scarf to me :hook Can't wait to see it!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some idea that Oct.'s flower was the chrysanthemum but was pleased to find out that the marigold is on the list. but I am dreaming of those Mums for Nov.

Here are my marigolds :

post-4896-135897457238_thumb.jpg

I have to finish up a hand towel for a bazaar but then I will begin my leaves scarf in autumn colours. I'll get that posted as soon as I can :sigh

post-4896-135897457219_thumb.jpg

I had some idea that Oct.'s flower was the chrysanthemum but was pleased to find out that the marigold is on the list. but I am dreaming of those Mums for Nov.

Here are my marigolds :

[ATTACH]9524[/ATTACH][ATTACH]9527[/ATTACH]

I have to finish up a hand towel for a bazaar but then I will begin my leaves scarf in autumn colours. I'll get that posted as soon as I can :sigh

that's one beautiful scarf almost finish with my scarf for the month. And after it's finished it's my dad's birthday present

grannyannie, i love that scarf! Can you share your pattern or suggest how it can be made also.

Thanks!

Hi! I'm sorry that I just saw this. I just got up the courage to post the pattern in the free pattern section!:lol It's called Annie's Easy Scarf. It's my first written pattern so please if you make it let me know if there are any mistakes! Thank you! :hug

Here are my marigolds :

Another beautiful scarf Darski!!!:clap

I stayed with my regular pattern, but went with pink since Oct is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I wanted to honor the brave women in my family that have faced this horrible disease. I wish the picture would have come out better. The scarf is really pretty. This is the first time I did this pattern using 2 strands.

post-16860-135897458453_thumb.jpg

I stayed with my regular pattern, but went with pink since Oct is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I wanted to honor the brave women in my family that have faced this horrible disease. I wish the picture would have come out better. The scarf is really pretty. This is the first time I did this pattern using 2 strands.

[ATTACH]9700[/ATTACH]

I just love love that scarf I saw the pattern too and plan on trying it out one of these days

Here are my marigolds :

Another great scarf Darski! :clap

[ATTACH]9700[/ATTACH]

It's beautiful Ann! :clap

OK, I'm poking my head in here a minute for the express purpose of telling you guys that you are a BAD INFLUENCE. Yep. Being in Seattle, I have never been bitten by the scarf bug, since we only use super warm winter coats sporadically. So I innocently wander in here just to see what y'all have been up to, and where do I wind up before the evening is over? Surfing Rav's crochet scarf section! Yowsers!! I have a couple of wool sweaters that I am recycling for their sockweight, dyable wool that is now just dying (HA) to be turned into lovely, lacey scarves. I also have a bucketload of cheap ebay sportweight chenille that needs to be used up, since my several attemtps at making ghans with it has killed my hands. A scarf at a time should be just about right. Guys, this is a definite problem here- I have never been a scarf wearer since I tend to get too hot. What is a girl to do? :P

Darski,

Are you going to be hosting this CAL next year?

Well I hadn't really thought of that. I can do so of course if people want to continue.

I really saw this as a one year cycle of scarves. If someone else would like to take this on in 2010 I would be happy to participate and see what new events in life would change a month's focus. :think

The pink Breast Cancer scarf is so quick and easy to knit and therefore to gift to survivors or family members that it is a favourite of mine. I once made 9 of these in 2 weeks to give to a group of BC survivors. I am sure God has someone in mind for this one as well.

post-4896-135897458922_thumb.jpg

the other scarf, though it is rather dark in the pic, shows the Autumn colours of the yarn I am using for another Falling leaves scarf.

Well I hadn't really thought of that. I can do so of course if people want to continue.

I really saw this as a one year cycle of scarves. If someone else would like to take this on in 2010 I would be happy to participate and see what new events in life would change a month's focus. :think

I would be happy to take this CAL on next year. I didn't keep up this year since I was still learning to crochet and slow. Now I am speedy crocheter. My husband thinks I am an intermediate crocheter. :lol

I would be happy to take this CAL on next year. I didn't keep up this year since I was still learning to crochet and slow. Now I am speedy crocheter. My husband thinks I am an intermediate crocheter. :lol

That is just wonderful to hear. The primary driving force of the Ville is that we can grow and learn in our art.

Totally double wow on you!!!

And thank you for taking this next year. I do enjoy taking our lives and times and translating that into stitches and colours.

The pink Breast Cancer scarf is so quick and easy to knit and therefore to gift to survivors or family members that it is a favourite of mine. I once made 9 of these in 2 weeks to give to a group of BC survivors. I am sure God has someone in mind for this one as well.

[ATTACH]9756[/ATTACH]

the other scarf, though it is rather dark in the pic, shows the Autumn colours of the yarn I am using for another Falling leaves scarf.

The pink breast cancer scarf is gorgeous! Is that your own pattern? If so can you share the pattern?

Here are my marigolds :

That's a beautiful scarf! Great idea adding on the flowers! Love the colors you picked.

[ATTACH]9700[/ATTACH]

I love that pattern. What pattern did you use?

OK, I'm poking my head in here a minute for the express purpose of telling you guys that you are a BAD INFLUENCE. Yep. Being in Seattle, I have never been bitten by the scarf bug, since we only use super warm winter coats sporadically. So I innocently wander in here just to see what y'all have been up to, and where do I wind up before the evening is over? Surfing Rav's crochet scarf section! Yowsers!! I have a couple of wool sweaters that I am recycling for their sockweight, dyable wool that is now just dying (HA) to be turned into lovely, lacey scarves. I also have a bucketload of cheap ebay sportweight chenille that needs to be used up, since my several attemtps at making ghans with it has killed my hands. A scarf at a time should be just about right. Guys, this is a definite problem here- I have never been a scarf wearer since I tend to get too hot. What is a girl to do? :P

yeah... we are so bad that way :rofl

Scarves are great to make even if you never wear them

One thing I have found - and we get coooold :wbrr weather - is that if I wear a small scarf in cool weather, I don't need a coat. Keeping my neck warm keeps all of me warm. I really don't like being bound up in a coat so I am in favour of anything that helps be avoid a coat.

Funny thing is that Knitting daily was just about how a nice sweater jacket was all you needed in Seattle. just an interesting juxtaposition of posts :wlol

Glad you have joined us :ghug

[ATTACH]9756[/ATTACH]

Beautiful scarves!

Archived