The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:blush Better late than never (or at least that's what I am claiming at this point):devil

Somehow the month of July rushed by (sort of like the other months of the year :lol ) but without future ado here are the July Scarves

One reminds me of the tube socks from the 70's knitted in a traditional rib stitch. The other is a diagonal stitch with the left over yarn from the knit scarf. Now off to work on August :hook.

Beautiful!

Finally finished my August scarf! In the color of August's birthstone with buttons right out of my garden. Made with Yarn Bee Snow Flake wool blend. This yarn is so nice!

[ATTACH]6922[/ATTACH]

Lovely!

Everyone, great, great scarves.

I got sick so wasn't able to complete mine for August. :( Hopefully, this week. Not much to do on it, just need energy to get it done.

The Odyssey of the Scarf

i had a pattern block trying to thingk of a scarf for this month until my charity group asked for scarves and hats. Now i don't do hats but i thought of a hooded scarf, found an all-in-one pattern and began. First i hate patterns with bad info and then was reminded of my dislike for "back- and- forth" crochet but i finished it anyway-

scarf # 1 then decided that i could use squares and achieve the same end

scarf # 2 and a smaller one - more kid friendly in length - since that's who we were supposed to be making them for

scarf # 3

post-13221-135897440338_thumb.jpg

post-13221-135897440345_thumb.jpg

post-13221-13589744035_thumb.jpg

The Odyssey of the Scarf

i had a pattern block trying to thingk of a scarf for this month until my charity group asked for scarves and hats. Now i don't do hats but i thought of a hooded scarf, found an all-in-one pattern and began. First i hate patterns with bad info and then was reminded of my dislike for "back- and- forth" crochet but i finished it anyway-

scarf # 2 and a smaller one - more kid friendly in length - since that's who we were supposed to be making them for

scarf # 3

Those are great!! #1 does funny things to the pixels on my screen. :lol

The Odyssey of the Scarf

scarf # 3

They are all beautiful!:clap

Finished off another skein working on my Wrap with Slits today. Already changed my siggie.

I am glad you finished off a skein I think you put it in the wrong crochet along this is the 12 scarves of 2009. That's ok we all make mistakes :lol

Boy that was close - we almost made it to page 3 :eek

My offering for September is very modest really. However i spent the last several weeks trying to learn how to make Bruges lace. :sigh I am still trying to learn anything beyond the most basic twists which this scarf/collar is - hey the jabot must be worth something :rofl . ...And again :sigh

post-4896-135897443548_thumb.jpg

I have to admit that it is kind of hard to admit to being such a newbie :blush at something crochet but we can't grow if we don't admit that we are not fully mature in our skills yet... right?

However, I am going to rip out a bit of slipper I have so I can use the multi-coloured yarn to make another scarf that is pineapples as leaves. how very, very autumn it will be :dreaming

We are all in this together :ghug

post-4896-135897443543_thumb.jpg

Boy that was close - we almost made it to page 3 :eek

My offering for September is very modest really. However i spent the last several weeks trying to learn how to make Bruges lace. :sigh I am still trying to learn anything beyond the most basic twists which this scarf/collar is - hey the jabot must be worth something :rofl . ...And again :sigh

[ATTACH]7997[/ATTACH][ATTACH]7998[/ATTACH]

I have to admit that it is kind of hard to admit to being such a newbie :blush at something crochet but we can't grow if we don't admit that we are not fully mature in our skills yet... right?

However, I am going to rip out a bit of slipper I have so I can use the multi-coloured yarn to make another scarf that is pineapples as leaves. how very, very autumn it will be :dreaming

We are all in this together :ghug

Very pretty Darski!

Cara that is a pretty scarf and I'll try to keep up with making a scarf this month not sure yet since I need to get more yarn for the scarf and on a very tight budget so if you don't see my scarf for this month then you'll know just couldn't afford to keep up this month

Cara I just love that one. Wow such a pretty colour and I love the stitch. :hug

I made it with my very last skein of RHSS Country Blue :lol I've been hanging on to it since they discontinued it :hook

And thanks everyone. I will get the pattern up. I fell asleep :blush:lol

Cara, Darski, WOW!

I'm almost finished with August's and it's September 1!!! Where did August go???? I've been working on baby stuff for my niece and a little purse for her daughter so she doesn't feel left out, making baby clothes for the young couple up on the hill whose baby should be here this week, and starting baby clothes for my grandson and his wife for their baby who is due in December!!! Sheesh!!! And, I decided to try my hand at something new too, socks! I have on my schedule to finish August scarf over the weekend and have the yarn for Septembers, so that will be next.

Darski, I feel I'm never to old to learn something new. Sorta keeps the old brain active :rofl

Archived