The 12 scarves of 2009 - links and info in post #1

darski

I can't promise I can post my pic tomorrow... need to stock up on some batteries.

I like this new one. it's a pattern I want to try as an afghan. This is just a test to see if I can follow it along.

Oh... I have decided that I won't be doing this CAL next year. I loved going through it once but I think that is my limit. I will stop by to look at pics though :ghug

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't promise I can post my pic tomorrow... need to stock up on some batteries.

I like this new one. it's a pattern I want to try as an afghan. This is just a test to see if I can follow it along.

Oh... I have decided that I won't be doing this CAL next year. I loved going through it once but I think that is my limit. I will stop by to look at pics though :ghug

I also have decided I'm not doing this cal next year since after Jan 9th I will be starting school I will be looking through the thread though just can't commit to making any scarfs every month.

My Nov cowl scarf is finished. I ran out of yarn and had to finish with a different type. And it came out too big.

That is so pretty. In my mind it is just 'that' style of cowl. I like them - sort of a Madonna (not that singer thing) sense of peace about it. I love it :manyheart

My Nov cowl scarf is finished. I ran out of yarn and had to finish with a different type. And it came out too big.

Very pretty!

[ATTACH]12753[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12754[/ATTACH]OK

late and early???

November and December scarves

and a closeup

[ATTACH]12755[/ATTACH]

Love them!!!

post-10863-13589747969_thumb.jpg

December's scarf and a matching hat from a weird suede yarn that's been in my stash for years. I did the whole year in birthstone colors and did not have to buy much of the yarn. Does that say my stash is too big?

This CAL has been great! Now I have a bunch of scarves stored for Christmas presents. I think they will mostly go to the wonderful staff at the vet's office.

Carol-that looks really soft!

Way to go Lynn!

Oh my word! That's gorgeous! :drool You can color me impressed :yes:clap

[ATTACH]12753[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12754[/ATTACH]OK

late and early???

November and December scarves

and a closeup

[ATTACH]12755[/ATTACH]

Absolutely beeyootiful Lynn :clap

[ATTACH]12769[/ATTACH]

December's scarf and a matching hat from a weird suede yarn that's been in my stash for years. I did the whole year in birthstone colors and did not have to buy much of the yarn. Does that say my stash is too big?

This CAL has been great! Now I have a bunch of scarves stored for Christmas presents. I think they will mostly go to the wonderful staff at the vet's office.

Way to go Lynn!

Great job Suzy! :clap All those scarves will make wonderful gifties :yes

I too will not be doing the CAL next year. Oh I might try some on my own but they won't be featured on the website. The first of the month sneaks up on me too quickly :lol

Like Darski I've also turned a few of them into afghans. The scarves are a great way to test out a pattern :yes

I want to thank Darski for starting this great CAL! It's been a blast! :hug

I lost my post :cry due entirely to stupidity. :sigh Ok let's try this again

I really like this pattern and it will make a great afghan. I want to add in one more full row of the 7st segment... Need to :think on that one. I worked this out from a pic on the net so I can't give you a link for it. don't remember where I saw it about 3 years ago. (it takes me a while :rofl )

post-4896-135897479946_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897479959_thumb.jpg

I want to thank everyone who participated in this CAL this year. This has been my favourite CAL ever. it was just incredible to watch the months unfold from the visions of each member. Just fabulous working with you and just thrilling to see the creativity abounding.

post-4896-135897479957_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]12769[/ATTACH]

Way to go Lynn!

Beautiful!!!

I lost my post :cry due entirely to stupidity. :sigh Ok let's try this again

I really like this pattern and it will make a great afghan. I want to add in one more full row of the 7st segment... Need to :think on that one. I worked this out from a pic on the net so I can't give you a link for it. don't remember where I saw it about 3 years ago. (it takes me a while :rofl )

[ATTACH]12839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12840[/ATTACH][ATTACH]12841[/ATTACH]

I want to thank everyone who participated in this CAL this year. This has been my favourite CAL ever. it was just incredible to watch the months unfold from the visions of each member. Just fabulous working with you and just thrilling to see the creativity abounding.

It's gorgeous Darski! Thank you very much for hosting this CAL for us! It has been wonderful!!! :clap

well I have my scarf done for this month but I need to get my camera to cooperate with the computer now.

Boy do I know that one. I hope to get my new comp soon and I hope the camera, the comp and picassa can all get along and then we'll try for paint dot net in the mix as well.

I have had more trouble this week than since the first time I tried a camera.

I did a quick test of adding in the extra row in the leaves.

I like the effect but I'm not sure it makes enough of a difference to be worth the extra yarn and time. Well time doesn't really come into it. You get further along in one repeat so :think

What do y'all think... Can you tell the difference?

post-4896-135897480399_thumb.jpg

I did a quick test of adding in the extra row in the leaves.

I like the effect but I'm not sure it makes enough of a difference to be worth the extra yarn and time. Well time doesn't really come into it. You get further along in one repeat so :think

What do y'all think... Can you tell the difference?

[ATTACH]12895[/ATTACH]

I can see the difference but honestly I think it's gorgeous both ways :drool It all comes down to which one you find more fun to do :yes

BTW, love, love, love your siggie quote :lol

............. I worked this out from a pic on the net so I can't give you a link for it. don't remember where I saw it about 3 years ago.......

Hi Darski- Great scarf! So pretty. I agree with you about the afghan. It would be beautiful.

The pattern is still available on Ravelry as " Branching Leaves Scarf" by Olenka. She has a very pretty taupe colored one on there. Good luck in school!:)

This sounds like fun. Count me in.

I'm sorry but we have just completed this year's efforts.

someone was planning to run this again so keep an eye out for that post.

Oh... and :welcome to the Ville

Darski, I seen the leave scarf over at ravelry yesterday. Yours looks nice either way.

Sorry... I don't know what this means. :shrug

What leaf scarf? and how does one of my scarves come into it.

I don't do ravelry (hate, hate, hate the place) so I am not seeing the connection.

but I am having a brain dead day today so that could be the problem.

:think

I did a quick neck warmer for December, from a free pattern on Loin Brand's website. Modeled by my Mimi. :D

Fabulous :dreaming... oh yeah the neck warmer is nice too :rofl

Seriously... I like the neck warmer. it just looks so pretty. I need to do more white this year

Archived