Everywhere?

Do you carry work with you?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry work with you?

• YES - EVERYWHERE!!
    • SOMETIMES - I do not take it all the time
    • NO - I leave it at home where it belongs

I keep a small bag in my car of thread and a couple of snowflake patterns. I don't usually use a pattern, but if I get stumped and can't think of something different, I look at a pattern and get going again. But thread and snowflakes are small enough to take anywhere. I take it with me to doctor's appointments, waiting on my son to get off work; if I go with someone else, I grab my bag out of the car so I can crochet while we ride. I take it everywhere, to movies, visiting folks, literally EVERYWHERE!!!

I always have something with me. Well almost always. I usually have something small in my purse and my crochet bag is almost always in the car with me. Never know when you might get stuck in a traffic jam.

Mine doesn't go everywhere with me but I take it along if I know I am going to be waiting for appointments etc or am going over to a crafting friends house for a few hours. I have a bag with all my bits in which I can grab if necessary but usually I just take along the stuff needed for a WIP :bounce

I currently have a bit of thread (that hand colored by Sara, or whatever it's called in the banner ad. Frankly, the one I got is a bit stiff, compared to some others, so the gauge is affected, but the color is dreamy!) and I'm working on a doily...one I tested for Kathy a while back...so the thread, the partial doily are in a "quart-size" bag, and the pattern is folded into my purse, which is currently a messenger style bag. Which I fully intend to copy (shape and size wise) in crochet! :P When that doily is done, something else will always come along in my purse...for those unexpected blessings of time :D

I ALWAYS take yarn with me when I ever I go ANY WHERE!! I crochet during lunch at work too so it goes with me to work, and town and it went with me last weekend when my dad and I went up north to get some hay for my horse.

I don't think I could leave the house with out taking something to work on.

Thanks

Julee

The only time I take my crocheting out of the house is when I'm traveling, and I only work at it when I'm in the hotel room. I don't like crocheting in public, and I can't crochet in a car because I get carsick (I do 90% of the driving when we travel for that very reason!).

I did a bit of crocheting in public when I first started out, but I just always thought it was more hassle than it was worth for me to lug the project bag (I carry a small purse, so I needed a separate bag even for a dishcloth), struggle to keep my yarn from rolling away from me onto questionably clean floors, and endure stares or weird comments, just to get a few stitches done before I was called back to the doctor or what have you. If I'm going somewhere where I think I'll have time to kill, I take a book. :D

Well, if you mean in the car (I have bags of yarn and notebooks of patterns in the trunk), at work, the doctor's office, on EVERY road trip, at the salon (I crochet while getting a pedicure)...........yes, I guess I go most everywhere with my crochet.

Juli from Texas

I keep a hard case with a small wip in my truck at all times. You never know when dh is going to decide that instead of just running to the store we're going to go by and visit someone and I would often end up stuck with nothing to occupy myself.

If i have time and know we're going to be somewhere a little while then I'll pick out a specific project to take along that will be large enough to keep my busy the entire time.

OMG absolutely EVERYWHERE I go!! I'm rarely without a crochet hook in my hand. I told my family when I die, I want a crochet hook in my hand - I wouldn't look right without it. :lol

My husband is extremely tolerant - he doesn't mind a bit. One time we were going out to eat at a restaurant here in town, and I took my project with me of course. When we got there, he asked "Now was it worth bringing it along??" and I said "Yes, I got one row done!" We both laughed. :hook

With me to work, DAILY. Anywhere else that I might be sitting for a while, where it wouldn't be rude....like, I would never take it to a meeting or to church or something where I should be paying attention. DOctor's office? sure why not. I recently sat in the parking lot of a grocery store while hubby did the shopping without me.... I NEEDED to get something finished and this was a perfect hour plus to do it and it was lovely and breezy out and it was a sheer joy. Time is a premium--since I always have something on the needles or the hook, I try to take advantage of spare time.

I carry it everywhere, that does not mean I get to work on it everywhere. I also have a book in the bag, if I can not get my mind on the work, I read.

Evelyn1

Archived