Everywhere?

Do you carry work with you?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry work with you?

• YES - EVERYWHERE!!
    • SOMETIMES - I do not take it all the time
    • NO - I leave it at home where it belongs

I ALWAYS have something with me... to the movies, to a restaurant, to a school open house (LOL), sitting at the busstop, at the school waiting to pick up one of the kids... on a field trip for the bus ride lol... even to Disney! I can't leave home without my crochet! lol

I carry a bag with me where I can tuck in a small to medium-sized project. I don't always get a chance to work on it, but I have been known to crochet during major traffic jams or other unexpected waits that come up. My husband always drives, so I get a fair amount of time to work when we go places.

ALWAYS! I quit carrying a purse. I carry my crochet bag with my current WIP, some spare yarn, and my hook case. I throw my wallet and keys in there, too. I have 3 teens who don't drive yet, but have plenty of activities, so I spend a lot of my time waiting. I love having something creative, useful, and enjoyable to do while sitting in a car, lobby, or waiting room.

Usually, but not always. I don't carry a purse because for me it isn't practical, so I carry my WIPs in my backpack. I always have something with me in class unless I know that I won't have a chance to work on it, and if I know that I'll be in the car for a while I'll make sure to bring something. About the only time that I don't have something with me is when I'm working in the woods - I haven't figured out how to take measurements, record data, walk, and crochet at the same time without getting the yarn full of dirt, sticks, and leaves. :lol Any ideas?

I take it almost always. I crochet a lot at work. I work in a call center, so it's a good way to kep my hands busy during those annoying calls...

I take it if I know I'm going to be waiting somewhere for a bit. (doctor appt, car service, etc) I'll bring several projects along when we travel, just in case I get bored with one or one just isn't catching my interest. My friends know I'll probably be bringing a project to work on when I visit. They don't mind. They've all gotten a thing or two in the past. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly at home, sometimes if going to someones house for the day. Too many of my projects involve a lot of different colored yarns (Love to do scrap ghans) so it isn't practical carrying that much yarn around.

Archived