Jimbo can make anything

A while back I was showing my DGD an auction of huooks that Jimbo had up for bid. http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/2006/05/new-batch.html

she said that the one second from the left looked like a hockey stick, she was only 4 at the time and I didn't think buying her a hook right then was wise. For the past two years she has continued to say that she wanted a "hockey stick hook, and I continued to tell Jimbo that if he ever found a branch that would make one that I would buy it for her. In his last action she bid on a hook and didn't win it, she was sad but continued to say that she would wait for a "hockey stick hook". A week ago she received a package in the mail and was totally thrilled when she found her own "hockey stick hook"IMG_1788_edited.jpg

She couldn't take a picture because her mom's computer is down so I brought her and the hook home with me and we took this picture.

Thank you to an angel of a gentleman. She wants to thank Jimbo from the bottom of her heart and as soon as she can she is going to make him something with her hook.

What a precious story! Yup... an Angel (Jimbo) sure knows how to bless others! You see... that sweet little girl has been blessed by wonderful giving man who can change a stick or branch.. or tree into a tool to create art work with... while at the same time... this story blesses me ... knowing there are people like Jimbo out there!

God Bless you all!

:mug

btw............. that is one awesome hockeyhook!!!!

you know I'll be watching for one that looks like a baseball bat now... hehehheeeee :U

Jimbo really is amazing! I have several of his hooks and they get better everytime I use them! I love how, after a while, the wood feels warm while I"m using it.

My mother is horrified that I haven't gotten a display case to put them in when I'm not using them -- as they are pieces of art, and it seems shameful to just put them in a hook case.

3 Cheers for JIMBO:yay:yay:yay! That is so kind and gentlemanly (it is the only word I can think of to use)..........I hope that your Granddaughter loves useing her JIMBO hook, and I hope that JIMBO continues to make crochet hooks for many many moons to come!

Jimbo is just the kindest and greatest! His hooks are fabulous. You know what I did - for the auctions that I won, I printed off the pictures and descriptions of the hooks and just put them in my pattern notebook. Because I know I'll never remember the kind of wood they're made from and sometimes Jimbo has a story with it too and I wanted to have access to that information. Anyway, I plan to win more of his auctions and the more hooks I get the more info about them there will be to remember.

Her hockeyhook is so cute.

Aw shucks! Twarn't nuthin. I saw she was outbid on the Y shaped hook that kinda looked like a hockey stick that grew up down Hanford way (there's a nuclear plant there).. and i felt bad so......

Hay, Nice Frog!

Archived