april doilies completed

jura2908

i completed 2 doilies this month. the first is the nosegay doily . it is done in size 30 thread. i tried to dye it with coffee but it did not come out as dark as i hoped it would. i will be adding this to a candle basket for my daughters teacher.

the second is called graceful symmetry. it is from leisure arts elegant pineapples, leaflet # 3291. i am determined to use up my stash. i have not purchased any supplies since august of 2007. and in this task, i have realized that i have a lot of pattern book , leaflet ect that i have never made anything out of. so this doily is my first project in my secondary gaol to make a project out of each of the books i own. this doily is a piece for my daughters hope chest.

thank you for taking the time to look.

gracefulsymmetrydoilyfrompineapplee.jpg

nosegaydoilyinsize30coffeedyedfr-1.jpg

Nadine, those are amazing. I linked to your photo album and looked at all your doilies. They are so beautiful. I'm glad you're a crocheter. Some other form of art could have called you, but you pick up your hooks and we get to see what you do!

My first thought was - that second would make a great "frame" for a beautiful vase...

and then I thought - but that would cover up the beautiful work...

thats why I cant make doily's,

I can't ever stand to cover them up...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived