How Many Projects Do You Work on At A Time?

How many projects do you work on at a time?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at a time?

• 1-3 I like to finish a project before I start another one
    • 4-8 I have many people to crochet for (and/or myself)
    • 9-12 I can't stop thinking of new things I want to make!
    • 13+ No comment :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am usually a one at a time, I usually make afghans, and they are usually prettly large, and because I am a newer crocheter, my yarn stash isn't huge. So I can't justify to hubby buying more yarn when i am not 'done' with other yarn i just got. But I will do a smaller project, like a animal or trying a new stich (I am now itching to get some cotton yarn and make some hotpads) inbetween. Right now i have a pineapple fringe as you go ghan going, then i started a baby 'ghan, just making a simple ongoing granny, the yarn was giving to me, and I will donate it when done. it it a nice break when i am tired of 'thinking' about a pattern and just want to crochet.

• 2 months later...

I like to work on one or two things at a time. I would just feel over whelmed if I had more than that going at once. But I like having a second project going because sometimes I get sick of looking at the same colour and stitch so when that happens it's time to swap projects. Doing it this way keeps is fresh and fun for me.

• 1 month later...

lets see. I have a Daisy square afgan for christmas in the works I have 2 1/2 rows done. for one of my DD's

a flannelghan done just needs joining for my son.

a baby afghan someone requested I make for christmas for someone

another Daisy square afghan. (just the center yo-yo- made). for my other DD

and The yarn ready for another Flannel ghan for my Ds.

my goal is to have all 5 kids afghans done by christmas. as well as the baby afghan.. and i just may have someone who wants a queen afghan done.

so yea I'm a busy girl

• 1 month later...

Normally I attempt to stick with one, but if it is a big one I may switch to another to change type of yarn or hook size. There have been a third project when I run into another season (don't want to deal with a heavy afghan in hot weather), or need to whip up a gift or necessity unexpectedly.

I have put things aside that I was not pleased with, but they usually wind up being ripped out. I just don't have the room for multiple projects laying around.

I'm working on a big (for me) project that has many starts and completions; I'm making hats for my mil's church's children's group - the teenagers!!! I'm trying to do two a day, but i'm also trying to make each one a little different, so there's design time, picking patterns and colors, and then crocheting each one. I usually start one thing at a time, but some things I just get blocked on, and have to start something else while the ole brain percs on the problem from the first :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was working on a new blog post and it's about having too many projects and too little time, and I realized that I have at least 10 different projects in the works (crochet-wise) and another 3-5 other crafts/household (i.e. painting). Plus working full-time (40-70 hrs a week).

ACK!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I like finishing most before starting something else. But if it is something that requires a lot of time (afghan I'm making is 30 squares) so I've got 2 things going at the moment!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm always working on a few things at once. I have a hat, scarf, and little things that are quick running around at the moment. I normally work on about 3-4 at a time. I'm ADD though so do I really count? lol

I voted 1 - 3. I like to finish a project, before starting another. Sometimes, I have a few projects going at once. Like now, I have 3. I'm working on a girl baby blanket for my cousin, but stopped to make my husband a Harry Potter scarf for his halloween costume. Plus I have a beanie in progress, since it's smaller for in the car & appts. than the baby blanket.

Only 1 project at a time for me and if I dont like what Im working on I have something I really want to make lined up as my next project and that drives me on to complete whats on my hook. If I had more than one project on the go then I know for a fact there would be a growing amount of half finished projects hidden throughout my stash lol.

I like to work on one at a time, but I get so many ideas rushing through my head I sometimes will start others, right now I have a hat and a blanket started, but the blanket has been put off for awhile, I'm more into character hats right now lol.

• 5 weeks later...

I try to concentrate on just one or two projects at a time. Right now I am doing a little sweater/legging outfit for a newborn baby boy as a gift. Hopefully I will get it done in the next couple of days. Then I have 2 custom orders to do for a lady for a doll. I may work those two at the same time-doing both hats, then booties, pants, and shirt.

But I have dozens of projects going around in my mind at all times. I have a new design in my head for a baby dress. I just can't wait to give it a try. I also have a pattern for our grandson for a tunisian blanket that I have to design and hopefully start this winter yet.

Cheri

Archived