How Many Projects Do You Work on At A Time?

How many projects do you work on at a time?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at a time?

• 1-3 I like to finish a project before I start another one
    • 4-8 I have many people to crochet for (and/or myself)
    • 9-12 I can't stop thinking of new things I want to make!
    • 13+ No comment :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on 2 shawls, a 12 star prayer blanket, and a scarf. I won't start anything else until I finish one of them. So I'm usually somewhere between 3 and 4 projects at a time.

All the projects mentioned are for charity. I plan on starting my Christmas gifts when I come back from vacation next week.:crocheting

Blessings to you and yours!

Grandmap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like to keep it down to two projects at a time. That keeps me from being bored, but it isn't overwhelming. I'm able to finish more things in a shorter time and have a feeling of accomplishment.

• 9 months later...

I usually have 2-3 projects going at a time. I like to have one or two that go really quickly (like a scarf or a hat) and then a bigger project (like an afghan).

I try to keep it down to three projects, usually a scrap afgan is is always in the works, along with scrap granny squares plus whatever else I just had to start. Current works in progress:

Scrap Afgan

Scrap Squares

Market Bag

Hobo Gloves

Baby blanket for Co-worker

Baby Cocoon for Co-worker

I guess I really have six going on right now.

I checked off the second category, as I usually have at least four! Right now, I'm doing slightly better than usual.

My problem is that I constantly see new patterns that I just HAVE TO DO!

Of course I had to vote 9-12, even though it's not always true. My head is a creative chaos, and having poor impulse control I usually start testing ideas right away.

Some get finished, most don't. :think

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

usually one at a time. Wow girls when do you find the time. I must admit I am caring for my 3 year old grandson as his mother is unable too. I am so tired after chasing him around when I sit to crochet I find myself waking up with hook in hand and very little done. So one at a time is best right now.

• 2 weeks later...

So funny I was just thinking about this today. I am with one of the other posters who said, "Just as my project is almost complete, I start another." I wonder why that is? hehe

Currently

1. Son's Navy Ripple Afghan (Navy as in the US Navy colors) 85% done

2. Found a shells afghan project in a closet in a bag with all the yarn 30% done

3. Squares for a Friendship exchange 3-5 done

4. Found the best afghan ripple pattern I've ever used, found great stash yarns, started this about 30 minutes ago. !

I also have "carry" projects that I make for the preemies . Hats, booties, small gowns.

Wow glad I'm not alone in my madness :)

Laura in Richmond VA:cheer

WoW! I, too, feel great that I am not alone in having sooo many wips that I have to stop myself and catch up! One for in the car, one for work, one just in case, one by the couch........! Keep it up!

I'm in the 4/8 slot most of the time. I really enjoy just finding out if I can figure out a pattern...the challenge of it all~~~ and Heavens!!! I do believe the world would come to an end if everything was completely finished and finally done, lol. :o)

• 1 month later...

I've only ever had one project started at a time. I like to finish one before I start another. But I have ideas constantly swarming around in my head. The hardest thing for me is deciding which one I want to do next!

• 2 weeks later...

I have always been a one at a time kinda person.. and can usually knock out a project pretty fast if I devote myself to it. I have recently began deciding on what will be Christmas gifts for everyone this year and realizing it will be a lot of afghans! I am toying with the idea of starting them all around the same time so that I have one to work on if someone is around, etc that way no one knows what they are getting! This leads me to a small problem though... I like to have a carry along project to work on that isnt an afghan. They are often just too big to take places and work on them. I have a surgery coming up soon (so you know that is 2 hours in the waiting room!) and hubby has a knee surgery coming up (looking at a LOT more hours since it is a late surgery and the surgeon is bound to behind schedule!)... I really would like to have something to work on during these and also the follow up visits that seem to take forever!!!! Guess I had best start looking at my "list" to see what else I can put on it!

Well I just started crocheting so I only have one project going but I already have in mind something else I want to do. I think I am catching the fever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have about 20+ projects some long term some i finish in one day, i like to do different things and love the challenge of going from 4ply to thread.

Archived