How Many Projects Do You Work on At A Time?

How many projects do you work on at a time?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at a time?

• 1-3 I like to finish a project before I start another one
    • 4-8 I have many people to crochet for (and/or myself)
    • 9-12 I can't stop thinking of new things I want to make!
    • 13+ No comment :)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently have 6 projects - those are the ones I am working on. I have a billion written down that will be done soon (or whenever I finish some of these). Right now I have a ripple blanket, a tea cosy, wristwarmers, a knit sweater, a knit scarf, and a sixth one that I can't remember right now. That's a sign I should slow down, huh? I get bored, so I start another. I really like finishing projects though, so I think I'll work on that. :lol Oh, I remember - a shawl. That one's been going quite a while, and it should be done because it's just a triangle granny.

I usually have 3 or 4, so I voted 1-3. Any more projects & I don't feel like I am accomplishing very much on a weekly basis. I don't have a lot of patience but I crochet kind of slow... I want WIP's finished quickly lol, so the only way to "feel" I'm getting anywhere is to keep the projects to 3 or 4.

Now I have-

*a Native American afghan (sc so it is taking me a while)

* Snowflakes for a CAL (my quick gratifications)

*Squares for a CAL (quick, but I am still behind lol)

*a pullover just started

and a bag being formed in my mind. :lol

I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I usually have several projects going at the same time. Hubby thinks I'm ADHD or something but now I can tell him no, it's completely normal to have yarn hidden all over the house and many projects going at the same time. Aaaah, I'm normal, lol. :hook Right now I have a sweater made from granny squares that I started a while ago. It was started with the Caron Simply Soft yarn and I can't match it anymore and I'm mad at it so it sits in it's tub, waiting till I'm not mad at it anymore. I have 2 baby blankets started, a ripple for me that I just HAD to start to find out what the width would be, and my take along project of a couple of pillow pals which are small and easy to cart around. I'd have more but I have to keep moving on the baby stuff 'cause the babies will be born soon. Don't ask me about how many projects I have in my head! Too many to count. I've got more baby things in mind, another thread project, a shawl for my niece, a bed doll ... the list goes on and on. :yarn

I will start on an afghan, get bored with that one, start another afghan, get bored with that one, start on another one, get bored with that one, start on another on, etc, etc, etc!! :lol Except for the round ripples, having toooo much fun with those!!(thanx to Aggie Mae) But I do finish them all!! And then I come here to the 'Ville, see all these wonderful patterns, download them, start on them, see some more patterns, download them, start on those and the whole process starts all over again!! I guess you can say I am a "multi-multi tasker"!! :think

Glad to know that I am not the only one who gets bored with a project and start another and another and another. I am constantly looking at patterns, see one I like and start it, and then find another pattern start that one, and it is a never ending vicious cycle. Seems the only things that I have been finishing lately are the 7X9 squares for WUA and the Snuggles (The Snuggle Project) for the animal shelter. I have a few scarves started and 3 afghans started and if I look in the closet I will found other unfinished projects so we will not go there. :lol

ive made started bed socks and a sweater for myself,a sweater for brother in law,a sweater for a best friend, and im about to start a keyhole scarf.im very good at starting projects.i enjoy working at many things at a time.i get bored when working on only one thing.my mom always says finish what u have already started but i never listen :)

too many !! lol

I usually have a at least 2 doilies in some stage of work,a big project, some critter bits laying around to be finished, and always working on a drawstring bag. that is not to mention my free form grow as it goes laying in my bag ( I do that in waiting rooms at appointments no pattern just mind candy to pass the time)

One for work, one for home, one large scary/ongoing....and I still have to train the non-crafty people I work with that it is NOT knitting! (however, have three kindred spirits wanting to learn how to crochet now, which is rather lovely - a few lunchtimes set aside for that!)

Only have 3 twist doileys going at the moment. I get to the stage that I have to finish everything before i allow myself to start something new. That is when i crochet my fingers to the bone, because odds are i have already picked out the next 7 projects , always keep washers in the car for waiting.

:yes

I notice that I tend to have as many WIPs around the house as I do books in the process of being read .... but at least I haven't fallen so far into WIP-Madness that I have one in the bathroom like I do some of the books I'm still reading!!!!!!!!!!

I think I could have written this!lol:lol

I usually have several projects going at the same time. Hubby thinks I'm ADHD or something but now I can tell him no, it's completely normal to have yarn hidden all over the house and many projects going at the same time. Aaaah, I'm normal, lol. :hook

My dh also swears that I have ADHD! I agree with you, we're normal! My husband also claims that I have too much time on my hands when he sees me starting a new project. Some people just don't understand! lol:yes

Let's see if I can remember. 1 Knitted Blanket, 2 ripple afghans (1 I ran out of yarn for...and am not sure how I'm going to finish it), 1 star afghan, 1 knitted baby blanket, 1 scarf, 1 market bag (have to get more yarn to finish), 1 shawl, 1 doily (over 2/3's finished), 1 pair of pants, and 1 (or is it 2?) Christmas Tree skirts. This doesn't touch on all the hats, dishcloths, dolls, pins and other assorted project that I finish in an hour or less that I do in between. LOL. Phew...am I crazy or what?

Blessed Be.

I try to have only one project going at once. If I do have more than one then it usually won't get finished. For example, there's an afghan I was working on for my son that is sitting in my closet and has been for at least two years!

I put 4 - 8 on the poll but my husband would know. When the yarn seems to be taking over he says "You have" (fill in a number) "projects already started. You can't possibly be thinking of another one". Since he hasn't said anything lately he is either resigned to sharing the couch with yarn or I just don't have that much going. :think

And BTW I am always thinking of another project. :crocheting Isnt everyone else? :devil

Sheryl

i always have a huge wip pile going........ one pile of nothing but baby stuff, one pile of threadies, and at least one or two biggie projects.. i just reach into one of the piles and pull something out to finish or just work on for the moment. my stash could be the object of envy here.

I have two dresses, a star ghan, and am about to start trying to design a small bunny for an easter egg I finished today. The bunny will go in the easter egg.

Archived