How Many Have Done This?

Brought crochet books and never crochet any thing from it? But ever so often look through your books and say " I'm going to do this pattern" but once again never do it. Until the next time the same thing. lol :yes

I haven't done that with crochet books, I don't have any books, I have some pamphlets with patterns. But I do that with magazines. I'll see something in Crochet or whatever and tell myself I definitely want to try that and then I always forget about it. I guess I should just start it , but I can't stand to have more than about 3 projects going at once. I know, to most people that's probably strange, but I can't help it.

Actually I think it goes with the terrority...there are so many things I want to make in many of the books I have...I have made lots of things, but I think I'll have to live to be 300 years old to make all the patterns I have. However, what I tend to really use my books for is inspiration...

I do that. Mainly because books and booklets go out of print. I'm also "collecting" crochet books because I don't know what my DD might be interested in making.

I do that:yes and I do that with cooking magazines too.:lol

My friend does that with recipes. She "collects" them.

And I "collect" crochet patterns.:yes

Actually I kind of do collect them. I have some that I just won't even do. And some from entire magazines, but they are cute and well... maybe I would. Since the Grove Along started I went back through a 1970s magazine I found and thought, hmmm very groovy... well maybe not.:lol

So the answer is YES. I do have them, think I'll do them, and they sit there until I see them again and say, Yes I'm going to do that. And sometimes I do.

Debbi

One of my New Year resolutions was to not buy any more books or patterns until I made something out of the books I already have. I've done well. It's still Jan and I've made three things out of different books. I didn't tell myself how many I had to make before I could buy again. Do you think 3 is enought?????

uh huh! i always do that lol

i like to look at the pictures and steal the stitches for other projects, or read the pattern and then go "well.. i'll make it when i get some good yarn"

:hook

:whewThanks heavens, I'm not the only one that does this! lol. Thankfully though, I print most of the stuff off the internet, so it doesn't cost much. I just have to add a 3 ring binder every once in a while for the expanding collection.

One of my New Year resolutions was to not buy any more books or patterns until I made something out of the books I already have. I've done well. It's still Jan and I've made three things out of different books. I didn't tell myself how many I had to make before I could buy again. Do you think 3 is enought?????

It depends on how many books or booklets you have.

I'm going to try to do one project out of all the books or booklets that I have.:yes

Archived