2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the damage so far is 52 full skeins and 3 balls so -113 but I had +9 to start with so that helps some :rolleyes and leaves me at -104 for the WTD. I may get somemore done by tomorrow night but not holding my breath :lol

I didn't do to bad this week. Working on scarves is a quick way of getting rid of stash. I had some 50g balls and used up all eight of those plus 1 skein and a ball of the same yarn as skein. Not a bad week. Working on the knitted scarf for my son and should have that completed by this weekend. That's another two down. I guess I'm making up for those weeks where nothing gets done. DH is just looking at the stash being dwindled and raising an eyebrow as to say "when are you getting more?" :D

Krystal I'm proud of you... You had more willpower than I did this week :) OMGosh Heather !! Looks like you've got your work ahead of you ! I made some progress today,,2 more skeins on my afghan - making a small dent in my own shopping spree LOL

well pooey I just couldn't resist yesterday, They had cotton yarn at one of the stores here on sale for 99c a skein so I had to buy all they had (11 skeins) so that's a -22 :( my wtd will be a -20 so far maybe I can do some crocheting tonight and tomorrow and get some positive numbers...

I went to the discount store and bought 8 skeins of yarn (-16)

I finished a ball on the scrap ghan last night, and one this morning. (+2)

I finished a ball on another project today. (+1)

My total is (drum roll please,) **WTD -7, YTD -3

Now I need to whip up these cat beds I have in mind, use up the new yarn.

I just got my yarn I've been waiting for so now I'm in the hole again. I just got 21 more skeins. So now I'm at -19 and need to buy a few more to finish a granny gahn.

Thankfully some of the yarn I got will work up quickly they are are small skeins.

Well, I did buy 2 skeins today (-4), but it shouldn't take too long to use one of them up because it's the Caron SS specifically for the WUA rectangles. And I'm still on the plus side, so that's good. BUT ... I did get a neat pattern book yesterday and have made a list of which projects I want to make for next Christmas, so now I have a list of 26 colors I need (one of which is the second skein I bought today ... on clearance, yay!) Not sure when I'll buy the other 25 ... since I have some time, I'm going to wait for sales and such ... let's hope!

I got some yarn this week....I'd placed the order just after Christmas and it took this long to arrive....so long that I'd totally forgot about it.:eek But I did give away 2 bags full of yarn (to a woman on freecycle that wanted to teach her children to knit) and gave away a cone of wool to another freecycler that wanted it for her mum (DH has died recently and she wanted something to keep her busy). So I may just get back to the positive side yet. lol Oh and I did manage to use 1 skein on a blanket I've just started!!:cheer Will be back later to post my final score....who knows I may get time to crochet a bit.:think

Well I finished the Kitchen Set for my girlfriend. Used 4 balls of Peaches & Cream for the mitts and pot holder, and 2 of the dishcloths are orange so that's another ball. I only used 1/2 ball for the others so I can't count them. And since P&C are such small balls I'm only giving myself 1 point for them, so I'm +5 more for this week. :)

Decided against going to AC Moore today. 2 reasons...it is about an hour away and because of this group. Keeping a score on myself really is helping me stay away from any store that may sell yarn. Thanks for starting up this CAL!!

I worked on hats and baby bonnets to use up a lot of yarn.

My hats are double strand, so that eats up yarn quickly.

WTD=12 YTD=7

I am posting early today because it's going to be a long, cold weekend, and I don't get a chance to be on the computer, with two teenagers and a husband all living on the thing!

:manyheart

Well, please wish me luck (and self control) because a girlfriend and I are going to ac moore,,,:eek:eek:eek

I also need a couple more skeins to finish my afghan - only if the price is right. Otherwise I'll just start on my brothers since I already have the yarn LOL :lol:lol Hoping to get a bit more crocheting done this afternoon and maybe break even. HA I won't hold my breath - you know how saturdays are:laughroll

I got some yarn this week....I'd placed the order just after Christmas and it took this long to arrive....so long that I'd totally forgot about it.:eek But I did give away 2 bags full of yarn (to a woman on freecycle that wanted to teach her children to knit) and gave away a cone of wool to another freecycler that wanted it for her mum (DH has died recently and she wanted something to keep her busy). So I may just get back to the positive side yet. lol Oh and I did manage to use 1 skein on a blanket I've just started!!:cheer Will be back later to post my final score....who knows I may get time to crochet a bit.:think

That is soooo sweet, it brings your score to where you want it and helps others....:hug

Posting score now, as I am using 6 oz baby yarn now in addition to the rug, and don't see myself doing much more crocheting today (got housework to catch up on).

Did work on baby ghan and rug late last night & early this AM...

so my totals are;

WTD +28 YTD +12

18-

32yds:turtle shell & flower pin-blue textured cotton

28yds:turtle shell & rnd 3 of GS-cotton pink ombre

68yds:turtle body,three 1rnd gs,rnd 3 of gs,rnd 4 of gs & flower for scarf

+3

WTD+12 YTD+41

Archived