Did Santa bring you FIBER????

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still haven't gotten anything crochet related. But I can't complain too much. I know I am getting a crochet calendar in a week. We are waiting for my husband and step kids to get here before we finish our Christmas. I also got a new camera. One with 7.1MP and a 10X optical zoom. It also records video. So I am extremely happy with what I got. Now the pictures of my FOs can be really good ones! :)

I got a cone of white Peaches and Cream and then went to Walmart today and stocked up on RF holiday yarn for half off, gotta make new stockings for us for next year

still have more Christmas to do this weekend so who knows what Santa left elsewhere

No yarn (this is better, because as with many of you, only my sweetie would know what kinds of yarns I like), but three books from my Amazon wishlist from MIL: Crochet Answer Book, Knitting Answer Book, and Oddball Knits (projects to use up stash!)! And a Barnes and Noble giftcard that may go to buy more crafty books, we'll see...

nope no yarn here either. i got some cash from stepdaughter, $50 gift card from hobby lobby from mom and dad, sister gave me an old crochet mag from the fifties i think and a crochet hook case. i'm happy with what i got. i mainly just wanted time to my self and to relax. i enjoyed spending time with my best friend and hubby and my two furbabies. hope everybody had a good christmas this year.

DH got me yarn that i asked for (found it online and sent him the link with how many i wanted) gotta love the direct hint takers. and i also got an automated hand-held sudoku for the bus/subway to work :yay now i am off to the fabric store boxing-day sale... 50% off all notions reg 12.99 and under and all fashion fabric... :yay!

No yarn but my parents got me several lighted crochet hooks and a pair of lighted knitting needles.

I got my mom a pattern a day calendar for both crochet and knitting and the Scripture Afghan pattern.

It's been a good Christmas.

Xmas day no, but we both got some cash from his parents.

I went to a thrift store today...50% off sale, and paid $ 4.00 for a nice box of yarn

that would have cost me at least $ 40 new in any other store.

And I ended up with several good craft books on sale. I got a HC copy of *knitting

beyond the edge* by Nicky Epstein, and a Vogue knitting book about shawls

called ON THE GO ! The shawl one I probably will list on ebay this week.

It was a good day :)

My grown kids know my fiber addiction! I got a pair of gently used hand carders, Clemes & Clemes brand and about 10 oz of llama yarn DS and DDIL bought in Peru. It quite thin and somewhat overspun. Perhaps meant for weaving. I'll think of something to do with it. From other DS and DDIL I got 2 balls of Nepal recycled sari silk. About a pound in all. I've already started a bag from it.

Lucky me. I often tell my kids I wouldn't trade them for anyone elses! Alice

YES!!!...(kinda) I've been broken hearted since losing my job at Hancock Fabrics in Michigan, and thus my discount, because we had nice yarn, and I usually signed an IOU rather than getting a pay check... but my wonderful grandson gave me a JoAnn's gift card for Christmas. Guess where I went today? laughing all the way home! Lolly

No fiber here, but I did get a $50 gift card from Wal-Mart. I did plan on stocking up, but I had the kids with me, and got side tracked into the clothes sections, and guess what? I spent it on them instead! Lol, maybe next time. It still went to good use.

Nothing fiber this year but we did get a wonderful gift from our DD that will provide more time to crochet. It is The Dinner A'Fare. You look at their menu for the month (any month you want) and choose 12 meals for 2 that you like. Then you make an appointment and go to their kitchen and they have all of the ingredients to make the meals. You leave with the meals in freezer containers ready for the oven. At least that is how I think that it works. Sounds exciting and my DH and I like to cook together. It sure is fun to see what everyone received and start making my list for next year.

Yes! I got lots of fiber. My husband bought me some Brown Sheep Lamb's pride bulky yarn as well as some brand new alpaca in a lovely shade of light pink. He also bought me three new books, including the new SnB for guys (I think that might have been a hint that he wants me to make him something :hook). Christmas was great!

they didn't need too, because I brought 3 kilos of yarn on eBay, just before xmas, does that count?::think

Still I have to sneak it in when it arrives, hubby thinks seven boxes of yarn are too much. Men !!!!!:manyheart:

No fiber here for me, but I did give a large bagful of several skeins of yarn in many colors to my mom and she squealed LOUDLY in delight and hugged that bag of yarn! (I got a big hug too!) My mom's hands rarely ever stop crocheting! She donates/gives away just about everything she crochets--slippers, hats, lapghans, and capelets to the nursing home that my dad is in.

Archived