Did Santa bring you FIBER????

Hope everyone had a very merry! Just wondering if Santa brought you fiber or any other crochet paraphanelia? I got $$ to buy some fiber and new hooks....but I also got a bunch of new books like 365 crochet stitches a year, Vogue Knitting Stitchionary IV crochet, The knitter's book about yarn...and a special gift from Jasmom...Everday Crochet. Do tel........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get any yarn or the like. But Nanna decided that a memory wire mobile was some other crafty item that I could try my hand at (and in my favourite colour - pink too.)

It was a very crafty Christmas, with a number of the nieces receiving scrapbooking items from Santa and Grandma. Nephew even got me to teach him how to "spool Knit".

Crochet related I received Nicky Epstein's book 'Crocheted Flowers' and 13 balls of Aunt Lydia's thread...each one a different color. My husband said he sure got the stares in Hobby Lobby....lol...he was like a chick magnet buying thread.

My son got me a new camera. It's a crochet related gift because he knew I needed a new one for posting pictures here.

No, no craft items. I did get a visa gift card though that will be used for some books I want. Sure, everyone asks what I want, tells me to make a list and when I do, I didn't get a single thing from my list (which included several crochet books) :-( Oh well. I guess I'll have to go shopping.

No, Santa did not bring me fiber. :( But then I'm not too upset about that because I have enough!!

Me too. I guess I wasn't good this year. Next year, I'll be good, just wait.

:lol

No, but I gave fiber to my Auntie next door! She had recently mentioned a particular variegated she really liked, and I know she is on a limited income, so I found her 6 big skeins of the variegated.

Also, I really enjoyed crocheting on Christmas. I began a new shawl for myself, and worked on it all afternoon and evening. I'm very happy with the way it is looking and the amount of progress I made on it.

I never ask for anything crochet related because I never know what I want to work on next. I could get yarn or thread for Christmas and it could be months before it is used for anything. Although one year as a stocking stuffer my DH got me a little zipper case to keep my hooks in and organized. I still use it to this day.

I have been talking about wanting to spin my own wool for months now, and blessed be, the kids were actually listening. I got a spinning wheel and stool, with accessories such as a lazy kate and a niddy noddy. But wait, hubby was listening too, He got me wool and bamboo roving for spinning and handcarders and a ridged loom. Oh, and lets not forget books to figure all this out as I have never spun anything in my life. It took most of the day just to put everything together.. What a great day it was. Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

I didn't get fiber for christmas exactly, but I did get a pre-holiday bag of happiness from my dad. He knows things are really tight this year and I had whined a little to my mom about not being able to buy yarn. So dad being dad went out and bought me...are you ready for this?...70 balls of Lion Suede! That's not a typo, SEVENTY balls! He found them somewhere for 99 cents each! I'm so spoiled.

I didn't get fiber for christmas exactly, but I did get a pre-holiday bag of happiness from my dad. He knows things are really tight this year and I had whined a little to my mom about not being able to buy yarn. So dad being dad went out and bought me...are you ready for this?...70 balls of Lion Suede! That's not a typo, SEVENTY balls! He found them somewhere for 99 cents each! I'm so spoiled.

Whoa! You hit the jackpot! Good for you!

I received 2 gift cards for Michaels and 2 gift cards for Joanns from my daughters. I also received a scrapbooking guide and a knitting book from one of my students, I don't knit so I exchanged the knitting for a crochet calendar. I also received some money which I used to purchase a sewing book.

No fiber for me, but that's because I had a black friday yarn spree.

This year I got a pair of sneakers, slippers, socks, a purse, a trenchcoat, a steohen king book, and pajamas! My family really went all out!

No fiber for me either. I spent part of my day explaining to my son what Crochetville is about as my DH decided to bring up a reference to this group when I gave my mom an afghan. it is alright though because even though I didn't receive a single g/c or anything crochet related, it was a great day with family and I gave out four crochet related presents and my daughter gave crocheted dishclothes to her brother, sister, father and grandmother.

Idid get crochet hook earrings that a friend made when I returned home tonight...how cool is that?

Archived