Did Santa bring you FIBER????

I got a gift card to ACMoore.

And my coworker/knit&crochet buddy gave me 5 skeins of patons divine, 2 skeins of patons classic wool, a yarntainer, a pair of sz 5 needles and sz dpns. :yay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No fiber this year....yet...my sister (in the US) is sending me 2 skeins of camoflage yarn and my mum is sending the Boye "J" hook I've been wanting. I think I'm more excited to get these items than anything else I received this year! :lol

I was blessed with 17 skeins of yarn and most of them were in the expensive kind which I would never buy for myself... they are so soft and pretty... I have to figure out something just for me to make with them....

yes! my DH and DD got me 2 spindles (one top whorl, one bottom) and 5 oz of corriedale wool. and my SIL bought me a basket of yarn and the inlaws gave me a (flea market find) needle case FILLED with knitting needles and crochet hooks. and we havent done xmas with my family yet, so......:crocheting ill be busy!

I was gifted 80z of hand dyed fibers....only problem is...I don't spin!!! Still figuring out how I could use it. Maybe a fellow villager will trade me spinning the yarn for me for something (I have a hubby that weaves in ends). It was very thoughtful however, and does take notice that I have a hobby.

Oh, good Lord, did I get fiber...my significant other gave me SIX afghan kits from my wish list off the Herrschner's site. I couldn't BELIEVE it. The funny part is that four of them came in the same box, so I've been sorting and trying to figure out which yarn goes with which project. I've already started on the first one, which is a nice purple which will go nicely on the bed.

No fiber for Christmas........I can pretty much have what I want anytime tho!!

I did get some nice clothes for my new job, a couple of very sweet teddy bears, and a Journey necklace in Saphires (hubby has GREAT taste!!)......

I didn't get any fiber, but I did get the 2008 pattern a day calendar. (My mom loves me). I so super excited to make some of the items in it.

It really awesome that those who know, get you something that your passionate about.

Yay!

Happy new year all!

Val

No but Santa knows I prefer raw fiber(for spinning) rather than yarn, and doesn't know what I want. ;)

I did get the long KK loom set I wanted and a bead spinner! My sis also bought me a book kit about oragami which is my new boredom buster. *dances* and I bought myself a crochet hook I'd been needing for forever!

Well, Santa was very good to me !!:yes Unfortunately, I have not got the items yet!!:( My daughter went to Poland and bought me some yarn and booklets (thank you Krakovianca for the names of the magazines)..:manyheart Her husband brought them back to USA as she had to go back to Kuwaitt.. We moved from the Chicagoland area and her husband has not been able to bring me the gifts!!. :D She just e-mailed me that as soon as got back from Poland, she had to go to Egypt and went to the market and bought me yarn there also!! :clapI can't hardly wait to get my hands on it!! Do not have any idea how much of each color, but I am sure I will be able to crochet something with it!!!:yarn:hook

Santa (aka my sister) brought me a gift certificate to a yarn store in Indianapolis I didn't even know existed... it was FABULOUS! I went there today and was overwhelmed with the quality and quantity of fiber available!!!! I spent over and hour in there and left $60 in the hole (not including what I used the gift cert. for!). Its ok, though, i got other christmas money, knowing exactly what it would go for! I am so excited to start my project. It was inspired by a braclet and necklace set my mom bought me for christmas.

My husband and I decided to buy our own presents this year so I just finished paying for several Ebay auctions I won. I got 31 skeins of 100% wool sock yarn for $66. I can't wait to get them!!!!

I also received 2 JoAnns gift cards from my mother and mother in law. I went today and bought several things for scrpabooking.....the Fiskars curvy cutter with two templates to crop photos, two huge stacks of the patterned scrapbook paper, and also a kit to make your own paper, which I have always wanted to try! I used one gift card and I only had to pay 24 cents!!!! I still have a whole other gift card!!!!!

Unfortunately, Santa didn't bring me any fiber at all, but I can't complain. I got a 3.5 carat diamond wedding ring from DH for Christmas, because this was our 10th Christmas together, and he wanted to make it special. Well, let me tell you, a diamond I can ice skate on was the perfect way to do that! I loooooooove my hubby! :manyheart:manyheart

My boss also contributed very significantly to my good Christmas, because this was the first time in my entire working life that I ever received a four-figure Christmas bonus! So, while I do have some sensible things that I am going to use the money for, I do plan to set aside a nice big chunk of it to purchase the fiber that I didn't receive from "Santa". :clap

Elle

When I posted on the first page, I said I had not received any fiber, but I did get some variegated for my Aunt who lives next door to me. I was sure I had some solids in my stash that would go with her new variegated, so I rummaged and found them. The 2 skeins of dark sage were perfect, as was the 1 skein of carrot. I also took a skein of cornmeal with me, but it didn't look right at all. So 3 out of the 4 skeins have a new home. :)

In the evening, when my sister and I were running errands she took me Christmas shopping for me! Well, you know where we went ~ the closest yarn department! I don't often shop for yarn that is specially planned for a personal project, but there is this one yarn I have been wanting. Since it's the middle of the winter, I've been saying "No, it's a spring yarn." Now I said "YES, I'm getting it!"

So I picked out 8 skeins of Monet, plus 3 of Lavender and 3 of Delft Blue to go with it. O-o-o-o-o-h, I love it! I'm thinking spring.

I got a 3.5 carat diamond wedding ring from DH for Christmas, because this was our 10th Christmas together, and he wanted to make it special. Well, let me tell you, a diamond I can ice skate on was the perfect way to do that! I loooooooove my hubby! :manyheart:manyheart

My boss also contributed very significantly to my good Christmas, because this was the first time in my entire working life that I ever received a four-figure Christmas bonus! So, while I do have some sensible things that I am going to use the money for, I do plan to set aside a nice big chunk of it to purchase the fiber that I didn't receive from "Santa". :clap

Elle

WOO HOO!!! Way to go Elle's Hubby!!!!! I just love a guy with great taste in sparkly things!!

Congrats on the great Christmas bonus!!!

I received two skeins of Shetland Wool that is From our Flock - Abbey of Regina Laudis in Bethlehem CT. A very dear friend bought this for me because she knows I love to crochet. She goes to Bethlehem every year to mail her Christmas cards. She said the nuns have limited quantities and colors but I think her choice was great.

I have never had wool like this before and would appreciate some suggestions on what to make with it. It is 2 ply Light Grey and 250 yds each skein. I was thinking about a scarf and was going to look for a pattern for a crocheted cable - any suggestions?

:cheerYES!! I got yarn!! And what's even better, I had just used up my stash, so needless to say I was getting desperate. Now I've started an afghan for my nephew and his wife. I guess I wasn't as bad this year as I thought!!;)

I got two gift cards for Hobby Lobby, totaling $100, so not sure yet just what I will get with them. I want to have time to really search for exactly what I want... and haven't felt up to shopping for an extended time yet, getting over the recent surgery. But I will make good use of them in a week or two, I am sure!

Archived