I did it! I used up my stash!

:clap I can't believe it. I've tried for years to get rid of all my stash yarn to make room for other stuff and I finally did it. I made a hexagon motif afghan, that I thought nobody else but me would like. Now everybody wants it!! Only one problem - now I feel like I need to buy more yarn!!:eek

Deb

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! IMPOSSIBLE... Do you have a fever?... maybe you should head to your nearest ER.... there is no way that a authentic ---sure-fire ---Hooker could be without yarn... you must have some hidden somewhere... quick go buy more...

Great job ...now buy more yarn so you don't get rusty...

Congrats!!

I am working on a project to use all the yarn scraps I have. I making the solid grannies out of all my left over yarn. I may have enough to make more than one afghan :hook

I think when I get all my scrap yarn used, hubby won't grumble so much when I go out to buy new skeins, like that will happen.:lol Just a side note his grumbling is really good natured, he really doesn' mind how much yarn I buy, he just does not understand the whole yarn addiction thing.:hook

P.S. I hate crocheting with black thread anymore, it is just too hard to see the stitches, so if you were me, what color would you use as a border around these squares when I get ready to set them together? Keep in mind this afghan will look like Jacobs coat of many colors, some light, some dark, some bright, some more muted.

P.S. I hate crocheting with black thread anymore, it is just too hard to see the stitches, so if you were me, what color would you use as a border around these squares when I get ready to set them together? Keep in mind this afghan will look like Jacobs coat of many colors, some light, some dark, some bright, some more muted.

What about a cream or muted white of sorts?

Congrats I couldn't ever see me doing that, even if I didn't buy any everytime I go to the attic and open a box it is more yarn!! That's what happens when you are in the same house for about 20 years!

:lol I was checking out at JoAnn's yesterday, and DH called. I was SO glad he didn't ask me what I was buying! (He probably knew, though!) :lol

I got some of JoAnn's Rainbow Boucle in dark blue to make my son a throw. In my defense, one skein was 50% off, and another was 40% off. I only paid full price for one skein!

When I got home, DH said that if he bought bullets the way I bought yarn, we'd have an arsenal. (His hobby is going to the shooting range.)

Oh well. I've just recently gotten to the point that I can't fit more yarn in my boxes. I'll have to start using it up!

I'd love to see a picture of the afghan you just finished! Is it here somewhere?

:clap Now you can start fresh & build any kind of stash you like!

I would be in shock if all my yarn was gone. :lol But the idea is nice to have a clean slate & go shopping! You can organize by color, type of yarn etc without having to rearrange everything lol

Archived