Um...hey...

Crochet Guy

wow, everybody is so welcoming here.

I live in Manitoba so it is cold, im am working on a scarf for winter, also a sweater, and a hat, and gloves.

I hope I enjoy it here, I think I will though, it seams like a forum I could enjoy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Crochet Guy:

Just had to log in to say hello and :welcome

As many others have said, lots of guys crochet. It's a wonderful craft and I'm glad you joined the group here. Hope to see more of you around the boards here.

Hi Crochet Guy!

Welcome! You are SO not alone...I've taught both my teenage nephews to crochet. Not that they keep up with it...but they have held a crochet hook!! Be proud of your craft...they are just jealous because they can't!

biz

Hello and welcome! My nephew is now 16 but he asked me to teach him 2 years ago so I did. His brother makes fun of him too (but I just think he's jealous!) Don't feel "gay" because you crochet! Check out the Crochet Dude's blog! A lot of cool guys do it!!!!!

Hi Crochet Guy, :welcome - so happy you will be joining us. You will love it here - there is so much information and inspiration it's unbelievable. Have fun!

P.S. I love your affirmation in your signature - way to go!

Weclome to the 'Ville, and btw, my brother IS gay, and he is hopeless with a crochet hook, so clearly, knowing how to crochet is in no way connected to which gender you find cute.

Heck, he even makes fun of me crocheting.

Anyway, welcome and have fun learning new stuff!

Hello:hi and welcome :welcomefrom the West Coast of Florida.

Boy you have joined a good group. There are several men on here who crochet.

Hey if anyone gives you trouble. There was an American Football player Rosie Greer who did needlework. Bet no one made fun of him.

You will learn lots here and have a sounding board if you need it.:hook

hello and welcome from pa. my son is 16 and he crochets. id like to some one make fun of him. dont worry your in good hands here. no one will make fun of you.

:hi and :welcome from MO! Don't be embarrassed. There are more guys that crochet than you think and we have several here at the 'ville. My husband has a male cousin who is 60+ years old that has been crocheting since he was a boy. He was in the military and there is nothing gay or weird about him. He makes beautiful afghans and potholders. He belongs to some crochet groups and the clerks at Hobby Lobby special order yarn for him. I just wish he didn't live so far away from me.

Welcome! You will fit right in! This site is about yarn and crochet and as long as you love those things like everyone else you will do just fine. My brother and I both learned how to knit and crochet when we were kids and he was always much better than I was. Don't think he really had the patience for it though so he doesn't do it anymore. His loss!

Sara

Welcome to Crochetville. Don't be embarassed! You are not alone on here. I'm glad to see guys learning this art. My son likes to crochet as well and he's 9. You'll be amazed at how much you'll learn being on this site. You should look at the tutorials. Before you know it you'll be designing your own stuff.

Welcome Crochet Guy! You are among friends here. I'm new too, but I have learned so much here and there is so much love and support it is amazing. I used to work with a guy that knitted the most amazing afghans I had ever seen! They were truly works of art. So don't be embarrassed, you've been blessed with a wonderful talent! :yay There are probably more guys here than we are aware of!

Welcome! I teach a beginning crochet class to home-school students in my area and one of the best students in the whole class is a 12-year-old boy. He is AMAZING. I can't believe what 7 weeks has done to him--he's taken this craft and run with it.

I am sure you will only get better and better. I've learned so much from Crochetville--we're so glad you found us. :)

hi and welcome :clap I'm from rural australia and new too...

You ought to have a chat with my brother and tell him it is ok to crochet. He has had a go but doesn't want to know. But I think its fantastic that blokes get into it! Well done! Don't let anyone tell you you're gay - they're just jealous cos they can't crochet!

I just taught my 10 YO son to crochet. He's making Sapphira from Eragon, and it's part of his schooling - crochet requires meticulous attention to detail if you wish to follow patterns.

Teenage boys will call each other gay for just about any social infraction, so don't worry about it. There's a young woman here whose boyfriend knits, several men here who crochet, etc. Do what you like to do and ignore the rest as best you can.

As for how to get better, I would recommend finding a pattern that you like. You can go to http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com and look up all kinds of free patterns on the web. Once you've done that, you can do a search for all the different stitches mentioned in the pattern and learn from there. Each new project you do will have a little something new in it, and you'll gradually learn more. In about a year, you'll be a pro.

There is no lack of information here, so just ask a question when you are stuck.

Archived