Dooney Inspired bag - PATTERN ON BLOG

MsSunflwr

It's been a while since I've posted or crocheted for that matter. I've started working on another stained glass window (for myself) and finished up this bag that I was inspired to create after seeing a Dooney & Burke bag in the March 2007 issue of W magazine. I may even use it tomorrow. It's made from two strands of thin chenille, two different shades of brown, two different chenille types/textures, but the same weight. One strand looks and feels like suede, so the bag is sturdy, soft and has an appearance of being leather-like. I'm sure what I think of the strap, so please give me your opinion. I may need to take a better photo of it.

1mysterybag.jpg

Link to pattern on my blog

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE IT!!!! I think it's just perfect... (waiting very impatiently, hoping you have the pattern, along with everyone else...) :yes

I love it! did you do it in one main piece with a gusset? You did a wonderful version of the purse and I also think it looks better than the dand b bag!

That bag is absolutely FABULOUS!! It's hard to see the strap in the picture, but it looks lovely to me. I'm with eebrs re: the pattern!! : )

I agree with iluvrerun (and everyone that has responded) - your bag is gorgeous! And it looks like it would feel yummy too (:c9)!

And do you have a pattern for us! Please....

Really beautiful, is it lined....What brand of yarns is the chenille...I guess it is something better quality than Lion Brand cuz their chenille is so so? You did a great job of seeing a purse and being able to copy it....You should write the pattern for posterity....:hug

Archived