Dooney Inspired bag - PATTERN ON BLOG

MsSunflwr

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on your marriage!!! And the purse it lovely - I especially like how you chose the hardware/clasp on the front to be like the original D&B one - do tell in your pattern your source for the hardware it would be so helpful!

:):):):):)

Congrats on your marriage!!! And the purse it lovely - I especially like how you chose the hardware/clasp on the front to be like the original D&B one - do tell in your pattern your source for the hardware it would be so helpful!

:):):):):)

FYI-You can get these closures at JoAnn's craft stores. I bought a set of 2 for this bag whenever the pattern is made available, as well as another, entrelac bag I'm doing. I got them over with the sewing notions and closures as opposed to where the actual purse handles/notions are.

Does anyone know of a similar pattern out there to this...free or paid for? I committed to making one of these for a friend to give as a xmas gift and now I'm running out of time. EEK!

Does anyone know of a similar pattern out there to this...free or paid for? I committed to making one of these for a friend to give as a xmas gift and now I'm running out of time. EEK!

I apologize for the delay. But I did get the pattern written, it's on my blog. Still in time for the holidays I hope! Let me know what types of yarn you all use, I guessed on the amount. Use ANY yarn you like, just use 2 strands throughout. And post photos, I'd love to see them along with any corrections. Thanks everyone!

Here's the link to the post with the pattern!

I can't believe I have missed this thread till now. It is such a wonderful bag, and it looks great in chenille. I try not to put patterns on my to-do list unless I really love it (because the list is getting really long...:blush), and I think this one is actually going on the list. I know a teenage girl who would love this.

It is so generous of you to share this pattern free of charge. Thank you so much.

Archived