MsSunflwr

Dooney Inspired bag - PATTERN ON BLOG

I love this purse.....looking forward to the pattern. So very sweet of you to offer it to us for free!!!:cheer

That bag is just so cute! I am such a sucker for a nice bag. ;-)

that's an amazing bag!

I'm so impressed that you could copy that so beautifully!

Congrats on your marriage!!! And the purse it lovely - I especially like how you chose the hardware/clasp on the front to be like the original D&B one - do tell in your pattern your source for the hardware it would be so helpful!

:):):):):)

Congrats on your marriage!!! And the purse it lovely - I especially like how you chose the hardware/clasp on the front to be like the original D&B one - do tell in your pattern your source for the hardware it would be so helpful!

:):):):):)

FYI-You can get these closures at JoAnn's craft stores. I bought a set of 2 for this bag whenever the pattern is made available, as well as another, entrelac bag I'm doing. I got them over with the sewing notions and closures as opposed to where the actual purse handles/notions are.

I really like your bag but the original doesn't strike my fancy. Yours has so much style. :2magic

Sure do hope you post the pattern soooooon! I also would like to get at least one done as a giftie for someone special!;)

You did a great job on the purse! It's looks fantastic!

This is such a beautiful bag. :dreaming of the pattern!

Does anyone know of a similar pattern out there to this...free or paid for? I committed to making one of these for a friend to give as a xmas gift and now I'm running out of time. EEK!

this is the purse love the front the stitches great style i can see wild or tame colors can't wait to try thanks for shows us

Does anyone know of a similar pattern out there to this...free or paid for? I committed to making one of these for a friend to give as a xmas gift and now I'm running out of time. EEK!

I apologize for the delay. But I did get the pattern written, it's on my blog. Still in time for the holidays I hope! Let me know what types of yarn you all use, I guessed on the amount. Use ANY yarn you like, just use 2 strands throughout. And post photos, I'd love to see them along with any corrections. Thanks everyone!

Here's the link to the post with the pattern!

Oh gosh thank you so much for sharing the pattern! This is a gorgeous purse!! :)

ohhh...now I have to go out and get yarn for this purse! Thanks so much for posting the pattern up!

This was SOOO nice of you to post this as a freebie pattern! Thank you very, very much! :hug

Elle

YAY! I'm SOOOO excited! Thank you SO MUCH NinaKate...it's one of the most awesome creations I've come across!

Thank you so much. I've gotta get one started!:yay

Thank you so much for the pattern :hug

I can't believe I have missed this thread till now. It is such a wonderful bag, and it looks great in chenille. I try not to put patterns on my to-do list unless I really love it (because the list is getting really long...:blush), and I think this one is actually going on the list. I know a teenage girl who would love this.

It is so generous of you to share this pattern free of charge. Thank you so much.

Thank you very much for sharing the pattern as a free pattern. I like this bag a lot more than the ones I have paid $$ for the pattern!!