Christening Dress w/ Headband & Pouch

About 2 weeks ago I started on this dress for my grand daughter, who is 9 mos. old.I didn't get a chance to work on it last week( Easter break for the grand kids & all at my house) so I finally finished it last night. I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (2- 14oz. skeins) that I got at JoAnn Fabrics on sale. I got my idea for the dress from this pattern.

http://www.angelcrafts.net/members/swdreamsbdress.html

But I changed a few things. I used a G hook and SC the top part of the dress and of course I lengthened the dress to 36"+. I put a ruffle around the sleeves and the bottom of the dress. I put a small flower on the front of the dress w/ 2 leaves and a flower on the back w/ spiral curls. The 2 buttons in the back are crocheted.

ChristeningDress.jpg

ChristeningDressfront.jpg

ChristeningDressback.jpg

I tried the dress on her when it was half finished and it fit her good with a little room to spare and she's almost 20 lbs.

The headband is 2sc wide & long enough to fit over her head. I put a ruffle on one side(edge) & a flower & spiral curls on the back. Kinda reminds you of a halo when its on her. I had a little yarn left over so I made a mini wristlet pouch. It's about 4" x 4 1/2" w/o the straps. It took me about an hour to make it.

WristletpouchHeadband.jpg

WristletPouchopen.jpg

Wristletpouch.jpg

Sorry about the pics. I need a new camera.

Debi :)

This is gorgeous! What a precious treasure for your granddaughter, I can just imagine someday she will have this for her daughter! Congratulations :)

Archived