Christening Dress w/ Headband & Pouch

that is the most wonderful gown I have seen. I made a Christening gown using JP Coates rayon thread (I think) in ivory. the only problem was I was told the wrong thread for the gown, so needless to say, it did not fit my children, but my doll which is 31 years old, looks absolutley lovely in it.

Congratulations on an excellent job:yay

That is so wonderful. She will look like such a little doll in it, I bet her momma is thrilled! Great job. Was it hard to make a smaller wrist pouch? I need to make one for a 3 yr old and was wondering how to go about with the changes. Any tips? I'd love to see a pic of her in the dress when she gets to wear it.

OMG..that is so awesome. Absolutely adorable. And I love the Mini Wrist Bag. How cute is that!!! A purse to keep her pacifier in!! Absolutely love it. :knit

Thanks everyone for all of your nice comments. I sent the dress out this morning. My daughter lives in the NE corner of Columbus, OH. and I'm in Michigan. The baby was with me during Easter vacation but went back home before I finished the dress. My daughter promised to take some pictures as soon as she gets the dress and send them to me. I will post a pic of her in the dress as soon as I get it.;) It's very encouraging to see all the nice comments. Again, Thank You!

Jessi, I will make another mini wrist pouch in the morning and write down the pattern. I just kind of scribbled it down as I went. It doesn't take long to make, maybe an hour if that. I don't know how well I can write a pattern but you can test it for me if you want.:hook

Debi :)

Archived