another soldier needs our help, lizakayes son

mythunderbird

i have another request for you all for a comfortghan for another of our wounded heros. lizakayes son was injured in iraq and when i mentioned in the off topic post that she had said, that i would be glad to send squares for a comfortghan,. cdbear has been kind enough to offer to put them together, so if anyone wants to send squares for lisa's son please sign up here. i will find out about size and color and post very soon. thanks in advance for all of your help with making this awesome young man feel better.:manyheart:manyheart

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you jean as soon as i hear back from lisa with colors and size will post it and then figure out how to get it to her. cdbear is kind enough to put it together for him, thanks so much all of you

Hi everyone!!

I'll be putting the blanket together for Lisa's son. If you'll pm me, I'll be glad to give you my address.

Thanks for getting this posted Vicki!! :hug

hi lisa pm'd me back and she thinks patriotic colors, red/white / blue, don't have to be all together just as long as its one of those colors or you can get really snazzy and make them all lol 8 in squares would be nice and for a nice size one i think we need to have at least 56 squares, the one i made for richard my cousin was 63, but it was a tad big so am thinking 7x8 which equals 56. does that sound alright to you guys. any pattern is fine, yes even granny squares. some people make really fancy ones and others do the granny, all are welcome, lets show lisa's son how much we appreciate him and his sacrifice , and that we love and care about our troops and want to show him that we appreciate him. thanks everyone:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Christi I am not sure if you are aware or not but Krystal16 bestowed upon me the crown and scepter avatar i currently have for putting together a comfortghan for a fellow member here on the ville to show how much it was appreceiated and that we all care well now it is time to pass it on to you for your efforts on putting together the comfortghan for another member and her family this is a great task you are taking on

simply right click on my avatar and save it as a .jpeg form and upload as you did your current one when i see you have it uploaded i will change mine back to my old one you carry it knowing we all support you and thank you for what you are doing until you find another deserving member to pass it on to Thank you for what you are doing and congratulations you deserve it for a job well done :hugs :manyheart:cheer

Christi I am not sure if you are aware or not but Krystal16 bestowed upon me the crown and scepter avatar i currently have for putting together a comfortghan for a fellow member here on the ville to show how much it was appreceiated and that we all care well now it is time to pass it on to you for your efforts on putting together the comfortghan for another member and her family this is a great task you are taking on

simply right click on my avatar and save it as a .jpeg form and upload as you did your current one when i see you have it uploaded i will change mine back to my old one you carry it knowing we all support you and thank you for what you are doing until you find another deserving member to pass it on to Thank you for what you are doing and congratulations you deserve it for a job well done :hugs :manyheart:cheer

what a wonderful idea, lets do that for anyone who helps another member with something they need help with great idea dawn:clap:clap:clap

I'm going to try to make the lone star 8" square from CPC in red, white and blue if this acceptable. I think I can get 4 done. I bought red and blue at Michael's on Monday. I didn't have a project in mind, but they were 3/$5 so I couldn't pass it up. This is the perfect project for this. Thank you for doing this for one of our soldiers.

Jean

Sent a pm for the addy and thanks for the color choices I will get started on them ASAP - I am sure with all the yarn I purchased when Michaels had their 3/$5 I have at least one of the colors.

Hi there,

I'm Brandon's mom - the soldier who was injured ....

He is doing well, he will stay "in country", but will probably be on desk duty while his leg heals. I can only hope that he'll stay on base for a few weeks, and not be sent on any patrols for awhile.

Not knowing what was happening and not being able to be with him made it the most terror filled hours I've ever spent.

But knowing he will be alright-and we've been able to talk with him, our minds and hearts are eased for now.

and thank you for this gift to my son, you're an amazing group of people.

Lisa, Proud Army Mom of Brandon in Iraq

Archived