another soldier needs our help, lizakayes son

mythunderbird

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!! You ladies are awesome!!!

My family and I got home last night around 11. I had to sit and open all of the envelopes that have arrived so far, and I must say they are some of the prettiest squares I've ever seen!!!

I've pm'd mythunderbird already, but just to let y'all know, I'll be happy to put Lisa's blanket together too. My mother lives right next door, and when I told her about what we were doing, she offered to help. Between the two of us, we should be able to handle putting the two blankets together without a problem.

Thanks again y'all!!!!

I will mail 4 squares tomorrow morning. I'm just weaving in the ends today and will get to the post office tomorrow.

What's the deadline for the squares?

I don't think we picked an actual deadline, but as soon as you can would be very helpful...... This is my first ghan to put together, so I'm not sure how to pick a deadline..... :blush

I went home for lunch, and there were four more envelopes of squares!!! I'm so amazed at the talent displayed by the ladies here! Each envelope has threatened to bring tears to my eyes, but none so much as the one from Lisa herself. Lisa, those squares are absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to take pictures to show everyone! So far, there are 35 squares at the house from all over the US, with our goal being 112 for two blankets.

Keep 'em coming y'all!! :hug:manyheart

Thank you for the kind words CD Bear, it was certainly a labor of love in every stitch.

We're hearing from Brandon a little more consistently the last few days, he's doing ok, finally catching up on work he missed while he was hospitalized. I truly fear hearing that he's back on patrols, thinking of him in a humvee again scares me to no end.

I can't say enough thank you's to you all for doing this for my brave boy. He will truly be honored with this gift.

Heartfelt thanks and love to you all, know that you're all in my prayers as well.........:manyheart

Lisa

christi, thanks sweetie so much for doing both ghans, i appreciate it very much, i sent my squares today too 10 red/white and blue squares, i will continue to make more if you need them please let me know, these are all my own designs too so i hope that they work for this, i love making squares for helping others, is a awesome feeling to know we can all make a difference. thank you once again for putting these together, :manyheart:manyheart

Ladies,

I've received at least 2 packages of squares every day this week!! My husband is still shaking his head in amazement at the number I've received already..... I'll post a complete list of donors as soon as I can. It looks like we have enough for Brandon's blanket, but still need squares for Lisa's. So, keep them coming!!

Here is the list of everyone I've received squares from. Some did not put their C'ville Name on their squares, so if I didn't have one, I just used the sender's first name.....

LizaKaye

mythunderbird

Daisy

sfgwife

scc51055

cshort

crochet_hen

crochetluvknot

Peggy

Kelly

Clara

kittyloverdeb

marleencrochets

kwoolls

Nicole

Angelfire

Jean

pineknott

candy4271

loveragdolls

buttercup

As of today, we have collected 76 squares!!! We need 41 more for both blankets, ladies. I'm going to start putting Brandon's together tonight after I finish my last square.

CDBear, I am mailing 5 more squares on Monday. They are all finished and in the package....ready to go. I just can't get to the Post Office till Monday morning. They will go priority mail to get to you faster.

You can count me in too I am a new marine mom and wont know for a while if he will have to go or now but we just lost a local HERO here in Clinton In and it was so sad It was his 3rd deployment over 2 of my bunco friends have son in marines over there and when I heard I was sure praying hard . So you can count me in on the squares **** Ill make the whole thing for him Im so proud of All of our heros just let me know never know when I might need help

Thanks so much!!

I've started putting Brandon's together, and oh my goodness, do your squares look great!! When I laid them out, I took a pic.....I'll post it later today. I need your opinions though......It looks plenty big as a 7 x 7, instead of a 7 x 8. Please let me know what you think....like I said, I'll get that pic posted later on.....

OK Ladies.......here it is....tell me what you think!!

BrandonsBlanket.jpg

What a GORGEOUS bunch of squares! The afghan is going to be perfect when it's all put together. WOW! I'm impressed! Everyone did such a fabulous job!

You Guys Are So Awesome! Big Tears Are Rolling, Thank You So So So Much........my (our) Soldier Will Love It-he's There For All Of Us.

Lisa, A Very Proud, Thankful And Grateful Army Mo

Ladies, it looks like we have plenty of squares to complete both ghans!!!! I am almost finished putting Brandon's together, and then will start Lisa's.

I am SO proud to be part of a group so talented and so generous!!!! THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

:manyheart

Archived