One project at a time, or a whole bunch?

How many projects do you work on at once?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at once?

• One at a time - don't rush me!
    • Two or three at a time, but I will finish them all!
    • I like many irons in the fire, but I get them done eventually.
    • I like to start a lot of projects, but somehow they never get finished!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One project? I thought it was in the rules you had to have multiple projects on the go!

If the rules have changed, you can thank my dh. He's been pushing to have a 'one project and one project only on the go' rule.

Sally

I always have several things going at once drom crochet to counted cross stitch to embrodiery get too bored working on the same thing all the time! but I do have to admit that the round ripple is very addicting and work up very fast:yes

I would have liked a choice that said

"I have many projects on the go and some of them get finished."

None of the choices was quite right so I went with close enough. :wlol

HELLO Hello hello anyone out there that can only do one thing at a time? :( My brain can't hold more than one, I've tried to do several, but I keep forgetting what it was I was doing:). I spend most of my time trying to remember where I put things.:blush

I only have one project at a time. But if I'm doing a table cover with repeated motifs, I'll have one on the side that can be easily done. It breaks the boredom.

I try to limit myself to no more than two thread and two yarn projects at a time. I will make squares to keep on hand in case I need to send one for a prayghan..... I do alway finish or frog it, I don't leave unfinished ones go forever....

I've normally got 3 projects on the go at a time...which frustrates me. I should stick with one. Whenever I'm doing one of them, I'm wishing I could do the other...

Most of the time I only work on one project at a time. I will occasionally put a personal (i.e. for my hubby or parents) project aside to work on a baby gift or something else that needs to be done by a certain date, and I will sometimes stop working on a large project to do a small one, just to take a break. But generally I work on one thing until I get it done. Guess I'm in the minority! :lol

(I do usually have an embroidery project going at the same time for when my hands need a break from crocheting.)

I would have liked a choice that said

"I have many projects on the go and some of them get finished."

None of the choices was quite right so I went with close enough. :wlol

So true!:D I think I am ADD. I am always starting a new project.

I get bored easily, I guess. So...I have about three projects going on...and depending on what kind of mood I am in...that is what I will do. Although my hubby made me feel guilty the other night for not finishing up my 4 year old's blanket. Been working on that recently.

I generally have at least 2 projects going. It helps if one of them gets boring, like an afghan can. Sometimes I will have a seperate project in my desk that I can work on during breaks but I don't have to transport it back and forth with me.

I can only do one project at a time. I usually only do small projects that can be done in a short amount of time, though. If I were doing a large afghan or something like it, I would probably start and do other items while working on it since I get bored easily.

I usually have more than one project started, but I only work on one at a time, the focus piece as it will. Right now I have a blanket that just needs a top to finish, but I have been focusing on a thread doily, and I am putting both aside this week to test something for stormy.

I also always have other craft projects in the works, usually cross stitch.

i always used to have 1 at a time.....then i joined the 'ville!! :lol:yay now i usually have 2 or 3 so i can switch off. 1 big (throw, afghan) and 1 small and quick so it feels like i'm actually doing something! :devil

ok i don't know how to vote on this one. typically i am a one project at a time gal. because i know i will never go back and finish one that i started and i usually forget what hook i have used and stuff like that. however in the last week i have started 5, yup i said 5 projects! i am soooo upset with myself. i started my horses for kassie but i knew that was going to be an ongoing project then i started a rr and ran out of a color of yarn i was using, half way through my last row of that color no the less. so i started another one with differnt colors, then i started a couple other smaller things. you people on the ville have been a very bad influence on me in a good way though! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I usually have a couple of projects going but not all crochet. I have a crochet project, I also work on squares for when I want something quick and easy that I don't have to focus on and I always have a sewing project going.

I've got 4 current projects going on,

4 projects on the 'to-do' list,

and about 4 others that are circulating in my head as possibles.

Of the 4 projects, the most interesting one takes priority (right now, it's the socks). The other ones then move up the list and do (eventually) get finished.

The 4 projects on the to-do list include projects for which I have the yarn and/or pattern.

The possible projects are ones I'm still thinking about - mainly Christmas presents at this time.

I do have some UFO's that I don't know if they will ever get done or not. But for the most part, when I start a project I like to finish it before I start on another one. Of course, there are the times when I run out of yarn for something and have to put it down and start something else for a while. Or there are the projects that take a little longer than planned and I need a break from them. But for the most part, when I start something, I finish it before starting something else. I voted for number 2.

i try something challenging...then lay it down for a bit when i get frustrated....work on something to make sure i "still got it!!' then challenge myself again. does this mean im self destructive ?? :goodorbad

I used to only do 1 afghan at a time, but since I have been doing the projects for the Relay for Life I have 3 projects at once, but I will finish all them as they need to be submitted by August.

Currently I have 2 on the go - an angel afghen for a baby called Kane, Cian, or Caen which is why I havent finished it because I need the correct spelling of his name and the other has 4 Scottie dogs for a baby called Jay which I hope to complete this w/e. Rarely would have only one project on the go.

Archived