One project at a time, or a whole bunch?

How many projects do you work on at once?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at once?

• One at a time - don't rush me!
    • Two or three at a time, but I will finish them all!
    • I like many irons in the fire, but I get them done eventually.
    • I like to start a lot of projects, but somehow they never get finished!

I usually only have one that I'm actually working on at a time, but there are always a few lined up. Right now, I'm finishing a tanktop for myself. Next on the list I have a vest and a shawl both for my mom, dishclothes, stuffies for KristieMN's toy drive, 2 birthday lapghans, 2 more Project Linus blankets and a few other odds and ends...

Mind you, I have been known to create a UFO or two, or push aside the 'next' project in favor of something more interesting....

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have one huge project, one medium, one super easy, and usually one that i'm doing without a pattern. they all get done. crochet is all i do other than rear children and clean. its my companion! couldnt live without it. not to mention it is SO fun! my projects keep me sane! if i only did one project at a time, i would probably be bored out of my mind and actually not want to do it. you gotta keep it spicy!!!

I just do one at a time, generally -- the thought of starting my next project serves as motivation for finishing my current one. :)

(Not that I haven't fallen off this particular wagon a few times, though.)

I used to be very good about sticking to the one project at a time, up until I joined here :eek:hook

Now, if I have an idea in my head, I MUST go get the yarn and work on it, no matter what. Right now, I'm finishing up some housewarming gifts for a couple friends who bought houses and have a rug I need to start and I want to do another felted bag. They're not all started yet, but they're all sitting there waiting for me to start them and because I think about them consistently I consider them "in progress"

Joyce

I am 48 and have been crocheting since 7th grade and have never known anyone who crocheted except myself. Because I had noone else to discuss crochet habits with, until recently I felt very guilty about putting down an unfinished project and starting a new one. Recently at work I saw someone crocheting and was so excited and she said she has several projects going at once... and now this poll! Thank you all. I feel so much better! Have a WONDERFUL day and week and year! May all your crochet projects come out perfect!

Right now, since I'm still a newbie here and a beginner at crocheting, I like to do one project at a time, especially small and simple projects. But if doing more than one project is a light definition of being obessed, then I may eventually become obsessed after learning how to do bigger and complicated projects.

Before I came to the 'ville, I only would work on ONE project at a time and finish it before I started another.

NOW--you all have corrupted me and I am usually working on 2 or three at a time. I finish them then start more.

I have a bunch of projects in my head that I can't wait to get to. :):hook

I usually keep a few projects going. The complicated ones where each row

is different etc. I do at home. I always have something simple to carry with

me when I take my grandson swimming or to trampoline. Then I keep a project in the living room for the winter when we have our pellet stove going.

I'm not toooooo addicted to crochet!!!!

Hi,all... I'm a newbie to crochet - though my mom has been trying to teach me for 24 years! Perhaps I'm trying to make up for lost time by having several things going at once. I like to do fairly simple projects, so doing more than one at a time lets me practice many different stiches!

I used to be really bad about having a bunch of projects going at once, but just a couple of month ago I decided to not have more than two projects going at once,.....it's been hard, but rewarding also...that doesn't mean I don't have a HUGE backlog of projects waiting to be started though LOL

I'm pretty new to crocheting so i really try to do just one project at a time...mainly because I'm afraid I won't go back to finish a project and I might not have the same "groove" if I come back and my tension will be off, etc. If I focus on one project at a time I can keep the same "pace" and the end result looks pretty even...kwim? However, i do find that sometimes I have 2 going...gasp...

I have a thread (or 2) project and a small yarn (sweater, purse) and a large yarn (afghan) going at once. It gives my hands a rest going from fine to thick yarns. Soemtimes I am in the mood for a brainless (ok, a repetitive pattern that doesn't take much thought) task and sometimes I want a challenge... doily or shaped pattern.

A crochet task fo revery mood!

I used to do soooo many at one time.. I did eventually get them done... but it was so saddening to take months to finish something when if I worked on one in a short time I could get it done super fast...

so now I try to finish something before I start something else.. but I do often have a few WIPs going at once :hook

I do have several on the go at once; some get done relatively quickly, some take a bit longer to finish (especially when I misplace the magazine the pattern's in!). Sometimes I give in and make stuff for DD's classmates - then everything else goes on hold until that's done. Or the new phone/iPod needs a cover; or I find another bag of stashed yarn - okay, I'm a little unfocussed right now.

Eventually the important ones get done. SOme of he not-so-important ones get frogged - DS loves to help with that too!

That's my hook - everyone's hook travels it's own way.

I have a lot of projects going right now. 2 Afghans my DH asked me to make for a charity he is involved with. A baby blanket for a friend. The Prairie Star quiltghan for another friend. A cat quiltghan I designed to make for myself. And my ongoing hats for the cancer society. :whew

I have my own Rotation system though. I work on them in the order I posted. I work on each project for 3 days and then go on to the next one. If there is a deadline, and there is one for the baby blanket, I work on that one for 3 days and then one day on the next in line and so forth. When I get one finished, I start something else and add it in to the rotation.

I used to use this system when I was doing a lot of counted cross stitch and it worked great. You don't see a lot of progress for a couple of months and then it seems like you finish 2 or 3 things all at once. :yay

i don't know if i can be included in the voting but i voted 2-3... because i'm doing a bikini and a small bag for my mobile phone.. started crotchet for 2weeks i think... the reason is :

i started the second cloth for my boobs on the thread but the problem is there was a knot and i had to cut it.. the real problem is i don't know how to "tie" the yarn in the bikini... pfff... i'm learning from my seamstress' mother.. it's still a bit complicated for me.. duh.

Just one at a time???!!!! I would get bored fast, unless it was small...then again the smallest projects I've done are wallets and tiny teddy's. At the moment I have 2 knit projects in the works...and ...5 crochet (3 are afghans/blankets, one purse and one amulet bag) and I plan on starting a baby dragon this weekend too...though I have completed 4 other projects in the past 2 weeks and have 2 more that will be finished by the end of the next week. I am proud of myself though. I only have 1 ufo which will eventually get done....just get frustrated to easily trying to knit with that particular boucle yarn (tried to crochet it first....complete and utter disaster:lol ).

Hubby always asks me why I don't finish something before I start something else because I always wind up with 5 or 6 WIPs (check out my sig haha), but I get bored/run out of yarn/etc., so I have to have lots of options! Eventually I finish them all. He might not believe me, but I do! :P

Archived