One project at a time, or a whole bunch?

How many projects do you work on at once?  

316 members have voted

1. 1. How many projects do you work on at once?

• One at a time - don't rush me!
    • Two or three at a time, but I will finish them all!
    • I like many irons in the fire, but I get them done eventually.
    • I like to start a lot of projects, but somehow they never get finished!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like a lot of irons in the fire....but I do get them all done eventually. If I am working on a big project I enjoy doing smaller projects in between. It is the same with reading books. Like to read several at one time but always finish them. :yay:yes

sometimes I have more projects going then others. usually 2-3 at a time. the smaller ones usually only take a few hours so I guess they really don't count right? LOL

I also do Cross stitch and scrapbooking and love to read and we camp a LOT so I always have to have PLENTY of projects to keep me busy. I try to finish all my projects unless they are practice pieces with old yarn and those get frogged a LOT. But they teach me a lot too!

I couldn't imagine just doing one thing at a time, How boring! LOL

I used to stick to one, maybe two at a time but lately it seems like I always have at least a half-dozen underway, in a mix of sized/types. That way I always have something to work on that fits my mood.:hook

I generally have two or three going at the same time. But I do like to finish them all. Right now I have an afghan for my son, just finished a babyghan for my niece's baby to come in August, a pair of socks (my first socks) and a felted tote bag (for me). I always like to have something small going so I can take it with me whereever.

oh my gosh I have too many projects to count going at once. I don't think I have only had one project in progress since I learned to crochet. And when you start adding in sewing and other crafting WIPs ... well ... lets just say I drive myself and everyone in my house nuts. :devil

I try to have only one or two on the go at a time but lately I am trying to use up my stash so that I can start on some new things :yay Right now I have multiple things on the go and plans for lots more. I have lots of squares and yo-yos made up from scraps and this will hopefully in my lifetime end up being around five blankies for Project Linus :clap I really have to get the mixed up stash down to a reasonable amount. I have way too much in the way of little bits of this and that :no which I want to use up for something instead of letting it sit there all alone and neglected :(

I have self diagnosed ADD (or is that ADHD :think ) I have so many irons in the fire I'm having problems not getting burned!

Actually, I'll start something, get sidetracked ("Mom! I need a ride...") work on something while I'm waiting for dd, come home pick up something in the other room, get sidetracked by dh. Go into another room and pick up a project for S.A.N.D, work on that, get a phone call and work on the project I left there after the last call. Hang up & get interupted by the puppies pulling at the yarn from the first item I was working on b4 my dd needed the ride. By then I'm exhausted and can't figure out why I haven't finished any of the ones I started earlier :lol

I'm still getting teased about a granny square queen sizeed bedspread that started off as a baby blanket for my dd...she received it for her 13th Birthday:cheer :hook

I can only do one project at a time. Even if I started one and then start something else, I have to work on one until it's finished. I guess I'm an odd ball. There is not that much I know how to do, besides an afghan, to be able to have many projects going at once. I need to expand my horizons and try some new things.:hook

I saw this thread yesterday and thought to myself *Goodness one at a time!! I"m still figuring it all out* but then last night sitting with my blanket squares I thought about my sisters birthday and the lovely belt that was in the pattern book, and how nice it would be to make it for her and I could just whip it up between squares....

So perhaps I am more *Two or three at a time but I will finish them all*

LOL

• 4 weeks later...

:D

I have the attention span of a fly if I only had one project going at a time I would go stir crazy. I also have projects going in multiple media. I have two quilts that currently need to be finished., at least one counted cross stitch pattern, and at least 4 or 5 crochet projects.

:eek

NiYa

:yarn

I started out with good intentions. I meant to do one project at a time, really. But I now have a loomed hat in progress, and a crocheted scarf and dishcloth..The hat is abandoned but not forgotten since I'm caught up with the crochet at the moment. The scarf is officially a WIP because my dd decided she HAD to learn to crochet too, so she swiped my book with the scarf pattern...so I'm almost done with the dishcloth I started so I'd have something to work on during last Saturday's swim tournament...self defense, your honor, self defense:hook

Of course, now there's PLANS in my head for other projects I want to get going too...:c9

Right now, I have so many projects going on that it's overwhelming, though not all of them are crochet projects. I started a toddler's short sleeved wrap back in the spring. Haven't touched it in a few months. Summer will most likely be over before or if that gets done. I'm also about 3/4 done on a bag I'm making. Not sure I'll have enough yarn or if I like it, so I'm having to push myself to finish. I think there are some more in the drawer where I keep WIPs, but I haven't dared look too hard for them. In reality, those are lost causes by now.

My sewing stack is about as bad if not worse, though I am forcing myself not to start anything new until I get at least one sewing and one crochet project done. I've got the itch (and goodness knows too many materials) to start a new thing, so that's why I'm pushing myself to finish something SOON!

I can't even count how many projects I have going right now. I just finished a doll for my daughter. But I have like 3 afghans *one just needs the border finished* and then I have a small pillow and I'm sure a few other WIP stuffed in the toes somewhere. I get bored very easily!

Just recently I started the few at a time thing. This way I do not get so bored so quickly. I like the quick and easy projects, but I have a couple of long haul projects that have to get done. So everyday I start with the bigger project and I am a frog collector. I started a motif blanket years ago. I finally found the pattern I was using but now I cant find the yarn. So I have a half finished blanket...among other things. With a few at a time I can put something aside for a few days...an hour and do something else.

I do have quite a few projects going right now, but I also try to discipline myself with my yarn buying. I tell myself I'm not allowed to buy any new yarn until an old project is finished (or if it needs another skein to finish it). I haven't stuck to the letter of that "law" absolutely, but it does motivate me to finish something. There are so many nice yarns to buy, but finishing things feels good too!

I generally have about 6 ot 7 things going at once, but only 3 or 4 of them are projects that are going to make the cut and get finished. The rest will be frogged and the yarn reclaimed for something else.

I play with the yarn alot, I'll see a stitch and want to see how it works up, or get an idea and just see where it goes. I often don't even have a project in mind when I pick up the hook and yarn, I'll just let the ideas flow. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

i currently have about 15 projects going but some are the type u can finish in a coulpe hours and the rest are the longer projects. i love being able to go from one to the other it keeps me from getting bored.

• 11 months later...

I've almost always got an 'afghan in progress' going. But, to break up the monotony I'll usually stop and do a few hats or attempt a square or two here and there. Right now, its so HOT I can't stand the thought of working on an afghan....so I'm doing a few little projects to feel like I'm actually doing something. I'll have to really pour it on once it starts getting cooler so I can finish my 'ghan by Christmas.

Archived