My lil Rose Runner

Katchkan

I have been cleaning and sorting through all my boxes in my craft room prepping for the move. It is amazing what one finds when digging into boxes.

The other day I found one of the first pieces I tried my hand at designing. It is a filer runner done in size 30 thread. it measures 10 by 15.5 inches. Don't remember what size hook I used. I hadn't even blocked the doily. I had intended to give this to my mom and then decided to make her something more grand and glorious. I did make myself one of these in size 20 thread in a shell pink. One of my favorite doilies.

So I blocked this last night and thought I would share it with you.

Pictures are clickable on this one......

th_lilRoseRunner.jpgth_lilRosesdetail.jpg

I intend to redo the design someday with a few variations on it. But it will have to wait right now.

Another beautiful design. I just can't see enough of your work. Thread cramps my hands up and i can't see the stitches . Hmm theres gotta be a weight of thread i can actually work with . I'm dying to have doilys for every room in the house .

Another beautiful design. I just can't see enough of your work. Thread cramps my hands up and i can't see the stitches . Hmm theres gotta be a weight of thread i can actually work with . I'm dying to have doilys for every room in the house .

for the longest time I couldn't use thread either for the same reason. I purchased those little blue foam hook covers and it made an incredible difference. I don't slide the foam up all the way so it seems to make the hook longer - if that makes sense.

You are simply amazing....and so is the pattern!!!

BTW...I just recieved Marv's holders and they are perfect. Thank him again for me!!!!

That is truly interesting.

I blew it up and inspected it cuz I am weird that way and really like how the middle of it doesn't conform to the whole 'blocks' thing of most filets.

NICE work!

:devil

Thank you everyone. It is a joy to share my love of crochet with you. Like so many others, this is one of the few places I can share it with and not get a blank look on the persons face.

I still have the original chart I did on graph paper. I just forgot I had an original doily also. I was making doilies for Christmas that year. I did lots of doilies and blocked them when I was all done. That one just got put aside. It was a pleasant surprise to have that show up.

Have you tried the size 3 thread yet? and an ergonomic hook? As for seeing the stitches, really good lighting helps immensely. Be sure to use white or cream thread to start with as it's easiest to see the stitches with.

Archived