What's your current project

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primary project is the Elegant Lace Stole for DDs 1st Communion that I'm doing in Baby Coordinates natural and adding some ivory and white beads to make it extra special. I'm having someone make her dress from my wedding dress which I had made out of a very pretty embroidered silk fabric. Figured my marriage was a disaster but my 2 kids were the good that came of it so I wanted to use the dress for something special. She's very excited about it.

Also bought yarn to start making Sweet Pea shawls for my kids teachers for the end of the school year... will start them probably the first of next week when DDs stole is done.

Have a Stitch Sampler afghan started for a co-workers wedding in September.

A round ripple for the county fair and a blankie for the Mary Maxim contest. A couple of preemie hats will be finished tonight. Too many projects going at once for me.

If I could only give up working, housework, and family, I could get so much more CROCHETING done.:lol :lol :lol

:manyheart

I'm making a cro-hooked (double-ended crochet) afghan in squares. I'm also playing around with thread, hoping to make my mother a bookmark for Mother's Day. I've made a cap for a friend and have yet to make the accompanying flower she requested, but that won't take but a few minutes. I like to have a few things going too.

Lets see, I just finished testing the Paramount for Kathy, and had just finished the shawl for her last week, so I am now ready to finish my first round ripple, and I also have a pineapple tablecloth I have been working on.....I also do prayer shawls and granny squares for charity.

I would like to start a baby afghan, might do that today....

OH, almost forgot I am makeing a doily out of the Collectible series CAL...need to finish that this next week.......................NEXT

Blanket for a new baby girl to be born in May...and I made a matching tu-tu kind of "dress" for a bear and dressed it to match. I may make a bonnet for the bear too. This is for an ex-boss of mine and his wife; he's a really sweet kid (okay, he's 30, but he's a kid to me...) and he and his wife are a lovely couple. If my daughter's replacement charger for her camera arrives any time soon, I'll probably post a pic if I'm able. I want to make a crinoline girl (inspired by others here) so that will perhaps be my next project....just have to purchase some thread first.

Knit and Crocheted dishcloths.. lots of them.... it's said really that I kinda got addicted to making them, I'll probably post them for sale on etsy shop by next week or so... along with those shawls I made months ago. I've just been lazy.

One of 3 shawl/poncho thingys for myself.

Making a bunch of dog sweaters to sell at our 2nd annual Scotch Bowl to benefit Greyhound Friends of NJ.

We raised $3600 last year...we're aiming higher this year. I'm hoping the sweaters will bring in some good $$.:cheer

I am working on a Tetris afghan for my son and I started a Market Bag, but ran out of yarn for it! Ugh!! I like to do one big project and then do smaller projects when I get tired of working on the large one. It gets me going again!

well....right now I am working on a "Victorian Cross Afghan" for my mom...It's done in panels using the afghan stitch and then cross stitch the pictures on top of the work....It's going to be a Christmas gift so it's a good thing that I started it now:D because at the rate this is progressing it will take me that long to get it finished:eek When I get tired of working on that I am working on an octagon afghan for my 14 year old neice....and of course I have been working on the Dahlia afghan for my sis for a few months now:hook Someday I will finish everything:hook

well....right now I am working on a "Victorian Cross Afghan" for my mom...It's done in panels using the afghan stitch and then cross stitch the pictures on top of the work....It's going to be a Christmas gift so it's a good thing that I started it now:D because at the rate this is progressing it will take me that long to get it finished:eek When I get tired of working on that I am working on an octagon afghan for my 14 year old neice....and of course I have been working on the Dahlia afghan for my sis for a few months now:hook Someday I will finish everything:hook

Well. I just finished a scarf made out of an entire skien of wool. It may show up in the original patterns board someday...

Aside from that:

A hat for my stepdad

A guitar strap for my stepdad

A hat for my mother

A little crocheted bag for my sister

A swap with somebody. :lurk Secret!!

Now that I put it into a list, it seems rather large.... :(

I have just started on the 63 Square Afghan. I am using a mocha brown, baby blue, beige, and white. For the finished edge I'm going to include Tan.

Just wondering if there are any current CAL for this project, since I've seen alot of mention about it?

Several different doilies in various stages of completion in size 10

Seraphina shawl for my mother about 1/2 way done

Thread bookmarks

Romantic sweater about 3/4 way done

Doily in size 70 thread

I'm in between projects, but have several on my to do list. I need to pick one quick because I'm going to have a long wait while my son is in surgery tomorrow (getting adenoids removed and ear tubes put in). I'll need something to filll the time.

I'm nearing the end of a Project Linus baby blanket. Should be finished with it in a few days. Then, I'll do another square for the 63 project. I'll work a bit on converting a design my son drew up into a crochet pattern. This is for a baby afghan for some friends who are expecting a baby in August. My son likes to draw geometric designs. A quilt club that meets at our church has made him an 'honorary' quilter because of his patterns, even though none have made it off the drawing board yet!

After I work on the design project for a bit, I'll probably start a round ripple from some baby yarn by Caron. Or maybe I'll start a round ripple with the red, white, and blue yarn I've been sitting on!

Possibilities are endless............

Stripey afghan for DD (full sized- about 1/3 done) See avatar

Thread bookmarks for swaps- my group below

Waldo's ring squares for swaps- ditto

12" squares for swaps- ditto

8 inch panal for another afghan for me? (just started)

Assembling lapghans for nursing home

Right now I'm working on three projects, sort of. My main project is the "Aztec Sun" afghan. I'm also finishing up the last of the stash busting of all that baby yarn I had with one more baby blanket, and I'm secretly working on the "bridal rose" bedspread my mom has wanted for so long.

Archived