What's your current project

Hats!:) thought I've crocheted for many years, I've never made hats until my daughter wanted one to match her jacket. Bev with country cottage has some wonderful beginners patterns that she has posted freely, so I tried one and am hooked:hook

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished a baby blanket! I posted a picture of it in "Show and Tell baby things".

Now I have to get back on the afghan I'm making for my grandson.

It will be camoflauge and black. He's a big hunter.

I am currently working on the Paradise Publications doll 1897 Antique Lace Gown http://www.paradisedolls.com/p045.html

I'm making her in white and adding a few of my own touches and leaving out the hat and parasol. Once completed she will be an angel and will be a a gift for my sister in law for Christmas.

Just finished up two bags and am now working on making an afghan with a center that is actually a picture off the front of my dad's old t-shirt...I wanted to preserve it as the rest got wrecked in the wash when we had a silting problem with the heavy rains earlier this spring - miraculously the front was not effected!!! So I was able to use it in this project.

I put some iron on interfacing on the back of it and then used my edgerydo to make holes around the edge and then I took off making a granny square around it! It is going to be a fast project and then I am on to making a fall mile-a-minute afghan!

happy crocheting everyone!

I am working on sets of holiday magnets for family & friends to give as gifts for Christmas and as always my scrap granny squares, cause you can never have to many of them

I am currently working on an afghan for when i have surjury I have put about two hours into it and am making great progress. It is a nine square pattern sewn together. It is coming along great :) I also am always making little bags for my sister in laws gem shop they are perfect for holding crystals and rocks. Who knew ? Anyway yeah that is what i am working on.

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently working on an afghan for when i have surjury I have put about two hours into it and am making great progress. It is a nine square pattern sewn together. It is coming along great :) I also am always making little bags for my sister in laws gem shop they are perfect for holding crystals and rocks. Who knew ? Anyway yeah that is what i am working on.

Surgery? I hope all is okay. What afghan? I've seen one like that on the Lion Brand website that I was going to do but chose another one instead. The little bags sound cute. Post the pattern. Sounds cute to hold little gifts for the holidays??

I'm working on a blanket pattern using Homespun multi-color yarn. SC working in back loops.

Which one? I always have about 7 going at once. I'm drawing the tails in on a shawl, and working on two more. I'm making hats, and three afghans. plus a bag and I'm trying t implement my novelty yarns into quick projects.

Good luck with your surgery. I spent last fall, winter and this spring in the hospital. They finally figured out what was really wrong with me in January and I had surgery in May -- they took out 1/2 my guts! Anyway, bring your crocheting to the hospital with you. Lots of free time and peace and quiet. You can get a lot accomplished as long as you're not too woozy from pain meds! Making an afghan to bring with you is a great idea. Hospitals are sooo impersonal and it is good to have a piece of home with you. You might want to consider bringing you pillow with you too. Hospital pillows are very uncomfortable!

I have so many WIP I can hardly keep track. Stuff to sell, stuff for family, stuff for myself... But my main projects, which I hope to finish soon, are Jacket for 'lil sis, frog bottom of Mom's jacket and restitch larger from waist down (didn't realize how much weight she gained with chemo), cabled scarf for hub, sweater for me, scarf for me (cashmere! yarn came from $4 thrift store sweater that I frogged), cape for niece.

Good luck to everyone completing their projects.

My main project at the moment is a halloween graphgan I promised to donate to my local playgroup to raffle off at our halloween party.It is my very first graphgan and I am very excited at watching the picture emerge. I have been amazed at the pictures that people post on here of their finished graphs and have been put off by how hard it looks. I am very glad that I decided to give it a try and was pretty quick to realise that it isn't as hard as it looks :)

Where to begin.....I have 5 nieces that all want a pair of slippers, 5 sisters that also want a pair, 2 great nieces, and on top of all that they decided they wanted hats and scarves ( if it's not too much trouble they all say :lol ). Also I have another great niece that will be arriving soon and will be needing a blanket or something, haven't decided on that one yet. So in the process I am also making a pair of slippers for my mom and just finished a pair for myself. (I figured I might as well try out the pattern I'm making to make sure they come out right :D)

My project right now is an afghan for me! I am making it in the colors of our football team purple, black, white and gold. Go Ravens:cheerI am using the 12 inch square called "Bobby's Square". I am crocheting small flat footballs to put in the midle of all the white squares. The afghan will be 5x6 squares, there will be 10 purple, 10 black and 10 white. All squares and the border will be done in a half double crochet. I am not in any hurry to finish because it's for me with no dead line. So if any projects come up, well, you know we can't just have a single project going now can we ;););)

• 4 weeks later...

My main WIP right now is a large scarf/wrap that I'm making for my mother (I'm using Sirdar Click DK in Spruce), but I keep getting distracted by other, smaller projects, like booties and flowers. Another WIP is the Irish rose and leaf motif by Kathryn White, and I have almost finished a baby hat (with matching booties).

My main one is a blanket for my college-aged niece for Christmas. But I have to have it done by Thanksgiving, because that's when we get together with my husband's side of the family.

Only a few more inches and the border to complete!

:manyheart

Arm warmers for my cousin. Left one is done and now I'm working on the right. She bought the yarn for this and more yarn for a headwrap while I happened to be at the craft store to buy a couple things for my art therapy class. She just volunteers me to make her things. I don't mind making her items but the least she could do is ask! She did pay for the yarn herself so that's something.

On my hook: At the moment I have two projects going.

!st is a teddy bear afghan- its made up of squares that once sewn together will form a teddy bear face. Im making it for a friend who is having her first baby in February

2nd is a wallhanging- the backgroung is a basketwave pattern. Once it is finished Im chrocheting a 3D cat face to sew onto the background. Its a christmas present for a friend who loves cats.

My current projects are the November Shawl Lady shawl (that's running a couple of days late because I have had to work extra shifts this week at work for a thoughtless person who thinks nothing of calling out sick for no real reason) and a sweater for DH. When this shawl is done, I will finish the four I have started for giving away in December! The shawls are keeping me busy these days! :manyheart

• 3 months later...

Archived