Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Hi everyone. I just started a Beth's Little Star Afghan so I'd like to join this cal, too. I'm starting it with yellow ww and a K hook. I'm going to add a lime green next. I've been reading through all the posts on here and your afghans are beautiful!

I just visited your blog, & your beth's little star afghan looks nice, keep up the good work:hook :manyheart

Pam, that is very nice. Are you going to add onto it later? If not, what are you going to use it for?

I was thinking if maybe I used crochet thread and made a gigantic RR, it would be a very simple doily-ish tablecloth.

Count me in if it's not too late!

I dyed some shetland and angora wool lime green and brown. It perfectly matched the color of the celtic knot quilt I'm making for my daughter and son-in-law (who is in Iraq). I finished spinning it last night and thought I'd make a small felted round ripple rug. Wish me luck!

ARRRRGHHH!!!! I tried and I tried not to do this but I am! My boss asked me to make an afghan for her nephew and so I broke down and chose to do a round ripple! But all I have been doing is frogging and frogging!!! But I am so determined to do this....so I have joined this CAL too

I used a K hook I think. I am giving it to the Uganda children (it's posted in the charity forum) I will not be adding to it.

I frogged and frogged and frogged about 4 or 5 times I think. THEN I finally got the hang of it.

Hi everyone,

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to show you guys the round ripple I finished today.

http://neisripplealong.blogspot.com/2007/06/round-rainbow-ripple-finished.html

The stats and info are all in the blog post. I still can't post it on my own blog, since it's a gift for a reader.

I only learned to crochet in March and I can't stop, it seems. . .

I have a six yo ds who loves Spiderman, so I am thinking of making the spiderman ripple for him -- although I just finished a bed size ripple blanket for him last month and he really doesn't need anything new. . .

Mary

http://rightsidestogether.blogspot.com/

It's beautiful!!! All I have to say is if you have only been crochteing since March, Nothing can stop you now. You go girl!!!!

Here are my spideyghans, I am on Rnd 21 on both. I just ended up doing the sc rnds on just the black rnds (I really like the way that turned out :cheer )

The blues are a different color, not on purpose, but glad that they are so they will know whose blanket is whose. One blue is a bit darker.Anyway, Thanks for looking :manyheart

th_Picture126.jpg

CLICKABLE

ARRRRGHHH!!!! I tried and I tried not to do this but I am! My boss asked me to make an afghan for her nephew and so I broke down and chose to do a round ripple! But all I have been doing is frogging and frogging!!! But I am so determined to do this....so I have joined this CAL too

Mel, you know if you have problems all you have to do is call me.

I finished mine today!!!! Oh,,,,,it's posted elsewhere here, and on my blog.

It is beautiful. You did a great job. Those last few rows seem to take forever, but it is worth the time!!

Here are my spideyghans, I am on Rnd 21 on both. I just ended up doing the sc rnds on just the black rnds (I really like the way that turned out :cheer )

The blues are a different color, not on purpose, but glad that they are so they will know whose blanket is whose. One blue is a bit darker.Anyway, Thanks for looking :manyheart

th_Picture126.jpg

CLICKABLE

What a great idea to make the blue's different shades. When I make 2 of the same colors, I invert the color pattern. That way they are the same colors, but they will know who's is who's.

You did the pattern right. Only the black is done in sc. I love how that makes it look. I'm going to do that on my next rr that I start that uses 1 row to separate colors.

Hi Judy! I'm here. Thought I'd post the progress of one of my latest RR's. I've done a few more rows since this picture was taken. I"m really liking this one. I may even get to keep this one. We'll see!

th_swimmingpool1b.jpg

clickable

Hi Judy! I'm here. Thought I'd post the progress of one of my latest RR's. I've done a few more rows since this picture was taken. I"m really liking this one. I may even get to keep this one. We'll see!

th_swimmingpool1b.jpg

clickable

Another beautiful RR. What color is the variegated yarn you're using? I love it alot.

Thank You Aelita. I decided to try making a RR in cotton. On this one, I am using Sugar N Cream yarn. The color of yarn is called 'Swimming Pool'. My daughter liked the color a lot and asked me to make something for our new apartment with it.

I stocked up on it (and another color along with white) when Michael's had their HUGE skeins (12 oz for the variegated/ombre, can't remember how many ozs. for the solids) on sale for $5.00.

Here is the progress on my DD's rug I'm making for her. This is actually her 3rd rug. She wanted a big rug, and this one will be a big rug. It is all worked in 2 strands. I am on row 30 and it is 53". I have at least 6 more rows plus the edging. I haven't decided if I will go bigger after the 6 rows. It is getting very heavy :yes

It was very hard to get good pictures of this one, so I am posting 2 to try to show the colors as true as I can.

th_HillysHugeRug1a.jpg

th_HillysHugeRug1c.jpg

both clickable

:think My round ripple does not lie flat.

What have I done wrong????? Pooh......:blush

Help? :manyheart

Could you please give more details? Where is it not laying flat? Which pattern are you using? There is a pattern that has a mistake in it. If I knew which pattern you were using, I could tell you if it is the one with the mistake.

Would it be possible to post a picture so we can see where it is not laying flat?

If this is the pattern you are using, http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

there is a correction for row 3.

The pattern reads: rnd 3: ch 3, skip 1 st, * 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

It should read: rnd 3: ch 3, *skip 1 st, 1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * ending with 1 dc in base of ch 3, ch 2, sl st in top of ch 3.

The * is in the wrong place, and if done the way it is written, it will be extremely wavy and will not lay flat no matter what you do.

If this isn't the pattern, let me know and I'll see if I can help you. And if I can't help you, there are many talented people here that will be able to help :yes