Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I don't have any pics (I've been thinking of starting a scrapbook with pics of my completed projects like I do with my quilts, but haven't so far.). I'm going to see my daughter today and will get a pic of it. Then I'll have to figure out how to post it!!!

I started an album with all the details on the back of the photo so I can remember what I did and if I give it away I try to get a picture of it with the recipient. I write down the pattern, hook size, and yarn and how much yarn if I can remember. I wish I would have started it sooner, but better late than never!

Gene,

I love it, it turned out awesome. I started a RR with Homespun this weekend. I may just do a baby size as it is sooo soft. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm using a cream, light blue and sapphire blue that I think is called Colonial with a K hook. I'll take pics as it gets bigger.

Gene,

I love it, it turned out awesome. I started a RR with Homespun this weekend. I may just do a baby size as it is sooo soft. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm using a cream, light blue and sapphire blue that I think is called Colonial with a K hook. I'll take pics as it gets bigger.

Craftymomma,

My wife LOVES the feel of my Homespun projects. (Maybe I can get some more yarn if I do her another project - I usually buy too much) :yes

Just a note to say :ty I'm a member of the Van Gogh's Closet CAl, and I've been searching for a RR pattern that I can make larger than baby size. After posting a request for one, I found this CAL, and a pattern that tells how to "keep going til it's big enough". So:cheer :cheer :cheer to you all for solving my dilemma. Marci

About a month or so ago, I found this thread and said that I'd like to join in, but would have to wait a while, due to travel, work, etc.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten, and I have started (finally). Here's a pic of the progress so far....

th_P6250063.jpg

clickable

Mindy

Hi...I've been reading along for a couple of months, and thought I'd show Judy what she inspired me to complete. I used to be scared of anything that included the word "ripple".

100_0033.jpg

that is very pretty. what kind of yarn and colors did you use?

Gene that is terrific! And so huge!!

When are you starting your next one:D ??

Yes, it turned out a little larger than I wanted, but just that much more love to send :manyheart

I finished the next one, too:

630610891_4e7453b63a_m.jpg

It's a little smaller (58" across) because I wanted a specific size. And I planned this one better. :P I wanted the particular size because of where I'm going to display it - on our couch:

631601914_f399f080b2_m.jpg

This was actually the first RR I had started, but decided to make one for our DD for her birthday this week, so I put this one aside for a few days...finished it last night.

Yes, it turned out a little larger than I wanted, but just that much more love to send :manyheart

I finished the next one, too:

630610891_4e7453b63a_m.jpg

It's a little smaller (58" across) because I wanted a specific size. And I planned this one better. :P I wanted the particular size because of where I'm going to display it - on our couch:

631601914_f399f080b2_m.jpg

This was actually the first RR I had started, but decided to make one for our DD for her birthday this week, so I put this one aside for a few days...finished it last night.

Gene that is a relly nice size you made for your sofa. It's looks good.

About a month or so ago, I found this thread and said that I'd like to join in, but would have to wait a while, due to travel, work, etc.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten, and I have started (finally). Here's a pic of the progress so far....

th_P6250063.jpg

clickable

Mindy

So glad ou joined us. Looks like your doing very well on your first RR and I bet it won't be your last :-)

Just a note to say :ty I'm a member of the Van Gogh's Closet CAl, and I've been searching for a RR pattern that I can make larger than baby size. After posting a request for one, I found this CAL, and a pattern that tells how to "keep going til it's big enough". So:cheer :cheer :cheer to you all for solving my dilemma. Marci

So glad we were able to help you out. Stop in anytime and join along with us.

Way to go guys!!

Those hooks has been burning up this week. All the RR's looks great. I'm taking a few days and making a PineApple Shawl to wear to church when the weather gets a little cooler. Altho sometimes I need one when the a A/C is on. So far it seems to be going well if I could keep my little poodle from getting tangled in it and unraveling a few rows like she did today lol. Anyway, I will get that finished and then back to my RR for Xmas gifts. Hope you all are having a great afternoon. :hug

Aelita--

I love those colors...would you mind sharing what brand/colors you used?

Mindy

Thank you the colors I used are Red Heart Soft baby in White, Soft Pink, Lilac, and Bunny Print. I used a H hook but I may use a bigger hook from now on lol.

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful. A standing ovation to you all :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I am almost done with my cotton one. I have 3 rows left to do. I'm hoping to get it done today as soon as I am done with the cleaning and errand running.

Well here is my round ripple I made for a friend of mines' baby girl:

BellaBlanket1.jpg

it is 46" from point to point which I think is a good size for a baby.

It looks great. I like the colors very soft for a baby.

Everyone's RR's are just beautiful. A standing ovation to you all :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

I am almost done with my cotton one. I have 3 rows left to do. I'm hoping to get it done today as soon as I am done with the cleaning and errand running.

Can't wait to see your cotton RR

that is very pretty. what kind of yarn and colors did you use?

Thank you. I made it with Red Heart dark plum, TLC sage mary and a coats and clark eggshell.

The bad (lol...) thing about seeing everyone's pictures how many ideas they give you. I did a spidey-ghan for one nephew, I blatantly copied chromekitty's blended pastel baby-ghan for my cousin, and I want to try the blue star afghan for my sister-in-law. And I'm working on a camoflauge afghan for my other nephew, which I never would have really thought of if I hadn't read other's being excited over camoflauge-colored yarns.

Thank you all for the compliments I really appreciate it.

Aelita your RR looks fabulous! Do you mind sharing what pattern you used? :hook

A wonderful lady on here whose screen name is Aggie May gave me an easy pattern to follow.

I'm back with another one. This was made with two strands of Joanns Sensations rainbow boucle and an N hook, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I lined up the colorway as best I could to get the stripey effect.

DSC01404.jpg

It's a late July birthday present for a special colleague, and I have enough yarn left to make one for me, too, since I love these colors .... For once I'm not on the final row of a gift the night before the big day!

Goodmorning ladies,

Well i finished my pineapple shawl last nite. It turned out pretty nice. Now I can get back to my RR's :clap I know those hooks must be working since there are no postings this morning. The 4th is just around the corner and looking forward to many activities going on. I hope you all have a great 4th of July too. :yay Take care and I will be checking in a bit later. I have to go to town and do a little shopping, I think I here Hobby Lobby calling my name hehehehe:lol

I'm back with another one. This was made with two strands of Joanns Sensations rainbow boucle and an N hook, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I lined up the colorway as best I could to get the stripey effect.

DSC01404.jpg

It's a late July birthday present for a special colleague, and I have enough yarn left to make one for me, too, since I love these colors .... For once I'm not on the final row of a gift the night before the big day!

It looks great!!

This is breathtaking!!!! Beautiful colors, nice job!!!!!! :clap:cheer:clap

Well here is my round ripple I made for a friend of mines' baby girl:

BellaBlanket1.jpg

it is 46" from point to point which I think is a good size for a baby.