Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Craftymomma/DCP_0759.jpg

I made this RR for my friends new baby, Fara Mae. She ended up being premature 7 weeks, but she is growing like a champ now. I used RHSS in White, Light Pink, Shocking Pink and Hot Red. She has a red nursery. I have three more of these started. They are very addicting.

How cute! Great job!

Yes, they are addicting...in the Van Ghoh CAL we're doing them but working color fades and changes to give the design an "artsy" look.

Candy, nice job on your rr, love the colors.

That rr got me thinking, is it possible to use the rr pattern to do a tree skirt?

That rr got me thinking, is it possible to use the rr pattern to do a tree skirt?

I am thinking you could. I was thinking if there were a way to open it up, like for a tree skirt that it would make a nice poncho as well. We will have to see what we can come up with.:cheer

I was actually thinking the same thing.... The one I'm working on is green and aran, and it made me think that blue and white would be a really pretty tree skirt....or even solid white, which would look like a snowflake.

The only idea I had was to make the center ring a little larger. I have an artificial tree, so I could easily put the stand together first, then place the ripple skirt over it, then insert the base of the tree. I don't have any idea how you would open it up, though.... Anyone else have a clue?

Let's see, I been thinking the same thing :D

How about instead of working in rounds, turn work on every row? Like on this one, if I am going to start on the 5th row, I would count the stitches and then chain that many and follow the pattern from there. Turning my work on every row. That way you can just wrap it around the tree bottom like a regular tree skirt..... Finish edges like you would a straight ripple? What do you think? :think

My Cotton round ripple is done :cheer:clap

I made this one in Sugar N Cream yarn. The color is 'Swimming Pool'. I wasn't sure how to do this with just the variegated and white. As I went along, it finally came to me. Make each panel of variegated a little bigger. When it was about halfway done, I put it on the floor and called my DD into the room. I asked her what it reminded her of, and she said the ripples in a pool when someone throws a ball into it. BINGO! Just the look I wanted. This one ended up being about 68" point to point. I just love this one. Too bad I can't keep it. It is going to my sister/best friend. She doesn't know it yet. I will be taking it with me to Florida when I go visit her in August.

I took 2 pictures of this one to share...one with the flash and one without.

th_swimmingpooldone1.jpg

th_swimmingpooldone1a.jpg

both clickable

Great work, it's very pretty.

Morning Ladies,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Nice to see some of you ladies checked in over the weekend. The 4th is getting close and I hope that everyone has a wonderful celabration with your families. :yay See you later in the day. Keep on hookin.:hook

Let's see, I been thinking the same thing :D

How about instead of working in rounds, turn work on every row? Like on this one, if I am going to start on the 5th row, I would count the stitches and then chain that many and follow the pattern from there. Turning my work on every row. That way you can just wrap it around the tree bottom like a regular tree skirt..... Finish edges like you would a straight ripple? What do you think? :think

Hmmmm....maybe. I'm going to try it when I get home. I'll let you know how it turns out.

FINALLY :cheer I think I am getting the hang of this, I have tried 3 different patterns 20 different times and finally one is turning out to be flat :) I am making this for my sister as a birthday present, she is a huge denver broncos fan, so I am using their colors.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/kkromo/Crochet/100_0891.jpg

Here is my progress so far on my first RR. I am using some yarn my SIL gave me awhile back. RR01WIP.jpg

First, I love the colors!!! Second, I about DIED when I read that you are in Sierra Vista!!!!!! That is my home!!!!!! WOW! Amazing! So, how is the weather? Hotter and hotter by the second yet? Lets talk, girl!!

I've been following all the WONDERFUL round-ripples y'all have made.

Very INSPIRING!! 2 Years ago, I found a simple

Red Heart Pattern, from their booklet, "Fast and Fun." (See in the photo)

The pattern is named, "Merry-Go-Round-Blanket." I've not posted a picture here, but hope this one

of my first posting-a-pict.- attempt shows. Here's my latest RR, from that pattern, just started from some scraps for a brown leather sofa...

I love these ripples!

:) Margy

RedHeartPatternforroundripple.jpg

FINALLY :cheer I think I am getting the hang of this, I have tried 3 different patterns 20 different times and finally one is turning out to be flat :) I am making this for my sister as a birthday present, she is a huge denver broncos fan, so I am using their colors.

Oh wow, that looks great. I made one a couple weeks ago for my son inlaw he is a packers fan. These are wonderful gifts.

Way to go Kelly! I knew you could do it :clap:clap

Which pattern did you end up using?

I've been following all the WONDERFUL round-ripples y'all have made.

Very INSPIRING!! 2 Years ago, I found a simple

Red Heart Pattern, from their booklet, "Fast and Fun." (See in the photo)

The pattern is named, "Merry-Go-Round-Blanket." I've not posted a picture here, but hope this one

of my first posting-a-pict.- attempt shows. Here's my latest RR, from that pattern, just started from some scraps for a brown leather sofa...

I love these ripples!

:) Margy

RedHeartPatternforroundripple.jpg

Very pretty and the pattern looks very simple . Thanks for sharing with us

First, I love the colors!!! Second, I about DIED when I read that you are in Sierra Vista!!!!!! That is my home!!!!!! WOW! Amazing! So, how is the weather? Hotter and hotter by the second yet? Lets talk, girl!!

Your RR is stunning, the colors just pop out so pretty. THankyou for your photo

Thanks, I found a pattern online http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976910272 and this is the one that I seemed to follow easily. I don't know about the edging on the pattern, seems a bit too hard LOL maybe I will just stick to something easier, although I do like the way it looks.

Oh wow, that looks great. I made one a couple weeks ago for my son inlaw he is a packers fan. These are wonderful gifts.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :blush

I am already planning my next RR, you all have gotten me hooked :hook

Mel, it is getting hot here. They are predicting over 100 degrees for the 4th. :eek So you know we will be melting here in Sorry Vista. How long has it been since you were here?

Okay, I tried the tree skirt idea last night, turning at the end of the rows, instead of joining. I think it will work! I'm going to do a few more rows this evening, just so the points will be a little more visible, then I'll post some pics for you.

Everyone's round ripples are so lovely...I'm completely hooked, too. Unfortunately, most of my family seems to prefer the rectangular afghans.... *sigh* Oh, well. More for me!

Well, I'm late, but I'd like to toss my hook in the ring for this CAL!

After looking at all the BEAUTIFUL RR's here, I decided to use this as a wedding gift for my engaged friend!

Welcome to the RR crochet along

Very pretty and the pattern looks very simple . Thanks for sharing with us

Thanks, SouthernJudy! :)

This project was less about the colors for me, and more about the ease of this particular pattern. It's rated "beginner!" Which I mostly am! And I hoped it's reference was useful to other beginners.

~ Margy