Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

Way kool! I started my ripple yesterday, and just now saw this thread! I have been keeping daily updates on the progress of my round ripple,,,check it out!

Hi Ladies,

Quick question for those of you that have made the spiderghans, on Rnd 9 did you follow the pattern and do sc shells or go on your own and do dc shells? I was just thinking that the sc might make the ends curl up. ;)

I followed the pattern and I did SC on every row of black. I had no problem with the points curling. I like the way the SC row of black looks. I am thinking of using SC along with DC on a round ripple I am going to be making in the future.

I followed the pattern and I did SC on every row of black. I had no problem with the points curling. I like the way the SC row of black looks. I am thinking of using SC along with DC on a round ripple I am going to be making in the future.

Thanks for getting back so quick Mel :hug

I am on Rnd 9 of both of my spideyghans, I wasn't sure if I should keep going or not, But I'll try it like it says. I am making 2 at the same time for my boys so that they can't fight over who gets the first one :hook

I'll post :photo as soon as I can!

Way kool! I started my ripple yesterday, and just now saw this thread! I have been keeping daily updates on the progress of my round ripple,,,check it out!

Welcome to the CAL and your RR looks great so far. Glad to have you here hooking with us.

Hi Ladies,

Quick question for those of you that have made the spiderghans, on Rnd 9 did you follow the pattern and do sc shells or go on your own and do dc shells? I was just thinking that the sc might make the ends curl up. ;)

I did mine with dc and I think it turned out just as nice.

i have never used Caron before and its so SOFT! is it like redheart where it gets even softer as you wash it???

Absolutely, it gets even softer! That's why I love to use the Caron for afghans whenever the color selection works out for my project. Good luck with your afghan!

wow. well shows you how close i read the pattern. I didnt even know i was suppose to change to sc.. hummmm, i can see where it would have looked good, lol oh well, I liked the way it turned out anyway.. if i can figure out how to make my picture smaller I would love to show it off..

wow. well shows you how close i read the pattern. I didnt even know i was suppose to change to sc.. hummmm, i can see where it would have looked good, lol oh well, I liked the way it turned out anyway.. if i can figure out how to make my picture smaller I would love to show it off..

:lolThat's funny! That's the reason I asked, I thought maybe that there was a typo or something:think

it looks fantastic so far! :cheer what a great idea to show the progress on your blog! :yes I will be checking back to see how it grows!

Absolutely, it gets even softer! That's why I love to use the Caron for afghans whenever the color selection works out for my project. Good luck with your afghan!

yippee!!!!!!! :yay:cheer i am 15 rows in, hopefully ill remember to search out the digi tomorrow and take pics. my dd calls it " snowflake" (she 2, and cant quiiite pronounce it properly. its funny to me:lol

Hi Ladies,

when i did mine i didn't realize that you were supposed to do sc until after i had put on several rows of dc. i think mine looks fine and my son loves it anyway. i figure i just put my own spin on the pattern and made it unique.

Hi Ladies, Hope your having a great day. Keep those hooks:hook working and I will check in later today. I have seen some wonderful work being done here. And as for the spidyghan I think they look good with all dc hehehehe:D See ya all soon. :hug

I'm on row 37ish and I think I'm going to keep going until about 50-55. I want it to be one of those cuddle blankets. It doesnt even wrap around me yet. It's for a friend for her birthday. She lives in texas and I know she wouldnt really need a blanket in July, but maybe for a picnic or a car trip.

I'm on row 37ish and I think I'm going to keep going until about 50-55. I want it to be one of those cuddle blankets. It doesnt even wrap around me yet. It's for a friend for her birthday. She lives in texas and I know she wouldnt really need a blanket in July, but maybe for a picnic or a car trip.

Oh Wow!! that will be a nice size and I know she will just love it.Looking forward to seeing your pictures :)

OK, my connection was down all day yesterday, so I have my blog updated now with my round ripple progress.

I'm going to go check it out right now. I'm glad to see you are enjoying the CAL.

Hi everyone,

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to show you guys the round ripple I finished today.

http://neisripplealong.blogspot.com/2007/06/round-rainbow-ripple-finished.html

The stats and info are all in the blog post. I still can't post it on my own blog, since it's a gift for a reader.

I only learned to crochet in March and I can't stop, it seems. . .

I have a six yo ds who loves Spiderman, so I am thinking of making the spiderman ripple for him -- although I just finished a bed size ripple blanket for him last month and he really doesn't need anything new. . .

Mary

http://rightsidestogether.blogspot.com/

Mary!!! That is soooo beautiful. How creative of you! I love the bright colors! That makes my tri color ripple look amature!!! Great job!

Hi everyone. I just started a Beth's Little Star Afghan so I'd like to join this cal, too. I'm starting it with yellow ww and a K hook. I'm going to add a lime green next. I've been reading through all the posts on here and your afghans are beautiful!

Hi everyone, I have finally finished my xmas round ripple.

th_P1020286-1.jpgclickable

Hi Aussie

Your christmas round ripple is just lovely, I love the colors:manyheart , you did a great job on it,!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to show you guys the round ripple I finished today.

http://neisripplealong.blogspot.com/2007/06/round-rainbow-ripple-finished.html

Mary

http://rightsidestogether.blogspot.com/

Mary, you're not late at all - that is gorgeous work on that ripple!! How easy was that pattern to do? I have that pattern, but loved the pattern that's been seen for so long in these posts that I haven't pulled out the book.

Anyway, welcome to the 'ville and don't be a stranger!