Lets Do A Round Ripple Together

I'm back with another one. This was made with two strands of Joanns Sensations rainbow boucle and an N hook, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I lined up the colorway as best I could to get the stripey effect. .... For once I'm not on the final row of a gift the night before the big day!

msmusic,

You did a great job matching the colors with two strands.

I can relate to the "night before" comment as well.

Which pattern do you find to be the easiest for the round ripple? I want to try one but I am not sure which one is the easiest. Thanks in advance.

Which pattern do you find to be the easiest for the round ripple? I want to try one but I am not sure which one is the easiest. Thanks in advance.

sorry i am not part of this cal but i just finished one and am working on another. i used aggie mays pattern and found it very easy to follow. if you pm her she will send you her pattern!

You did a great job on you rr I love the stripey effect, It comes out like a starburst. keep up the great work.

I'm back with another one. This was made with two strands of Joanns Sensations rainbow boucle and an N hook, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I lined up the colorway as best I could to get the stripey effect.

DSC01404.jpg

It's a late July birthday present for a special colleague, and I have enough yarn left to make one for me, too, since I love these colors .... For once I'm not on the final row of a gift the night before the big day!

Aelita you did a great job on your rr I love the colors. I have seen alot of you work I also love the dresses you made for your girls. keep on crocheting

Well here is my round ripple I made for a friend of mines' baby girl:

BellaBlanket1.jpg

it is 46" from point to point which I think is a good size for a baby.

Aelita you did a great job on your rr I love the colors. I have seen alot of you work I also love the dresses you made for your girls. keep on crocheting

It's compliments like these that keeps me going on the things I crochet. Thank you so much honey112, I really appreciate it.

i had a rr almost done I was 5 rows from finished project but I found a huge mistake that was back in the first 5 rounds so I frogged it and I started a different rr pattern. I have like 12 rounds done so far I will try to take a pic of it and post it for you guys. I love all the rr's I have seen as I read through this whole thread. Some very beautiful work. Once I finish this one I plan on doing a few more I already have the colors picked out I just need to go to the store and get them but I need to finish this one before I tempt myself to start another.

My Cotton round ripple is done :cheer:clap

I made this one in Sugar N Cream yarn. The color is 'Swimming Pool'. I wasn't sure how to do this with just the variegated and white. As I went along, it finally came to me. Make each panel of variegated a little bigger. When it was about halfway done, I put it on the floor and called my DD into the room. I asked her what it reminded her of, and she said the ripples in a pool when someone throws a ball into it. BINGO! Just the look I wanted. This one ended up being about 68" point to point. I just love this one. Too bad I can't keep it. It is going to my sister/best friend. She doesn't know it yet. I will be taking it with me to Florida when I go visit her in August.

I took 2 pictures of this one to share...one with the flash and one without.

th_swimmingpooldone1.jpg

th_swimmingpooldone1a.jpg

both clickable

DreamsOfYarn another great rr love the colors, I have loved everyone of your rr and will soon be trying to make a rug, thanks to you shareing your. Keep on crocheting and :manyheart have a blessed day.

I made this one in Sugar N Cream yarn. The color is 'Swimming Pool'. I wasn't sure how to do this with just the variegated and white. As I went along, it finally came to me. Make each panel of variegated a little bigger. When it was about halfway done, I put it on the floor and called my DD into the room. I asked her what it reminded her of, and she said the ripples in a pool when someone throws a ball into it. BINGO! Just the look I wanted. This one ended up being about 68" point to point. I just love this one. Too bad I can't keep it. It is going to my sister/best friend. She doesn't know it yet. I will be taking it with me to Florida when I go visit her in August.

th_swimmingpooldone1.jpg

both clickable

that is beautiful, that makes me want to try one in peaches and cream and see what I can do. I might have to push off some of my other ideas to make the next one in peaches and cream.

th_swimmingpooldone1.jpg

both clickable

Is this normal - after my first 5 rounds, my piece doesn't lay flat anymore, did I already do something wrong :eek:think (I probably did). I have tried 6 times already to get this going and I am not having much luck, my hands are cramped, my eyes are tired, I have a headache and I am SOOOOO aggravated, WHY WHY WHY, I just wanted a nice relaxing day of crocheting but I guess that is not in the cards for today :angry . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really love this one. I have already started another cotton one. I am hoping I will be able to keep it, but knowing my luck, since it is going to be in shades of pink, my DD will probably end up with it.

Very nice ripple! I like how you truly made it seem like a ripple in a swimming pool, so creative! Was this the first ripple you did in sugar n cream? Is it soft? How many balls did it take?

Yes, this was my first rr using sugar n cream. It is soft. I used a size I hook so it would be airy for Florida. I bought these particular sugar n cream's (and the next color I'm using) in the BIG 12 ounce skeins. I used 2 1/2 skeins of it for this one.

Is this normal - after my first 5 rounds, my piece doesn't lay flat anymore, did I already do something wrong :eek:think (I probably did). I have tried 6 times already to get this going and I am not having much luck, my hands are cramped, my eyes are tired, I have a headache and I am SOOOOO aggravated, WHY WHY WHY, I just wanted a nice relaxing day of crocheting but I guess that is not in the cards for today :angry . Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Could you please tell me which pattern you are using? I might be able to help if I know which pattern you are using. Also, what yarn are you using and what size hook? How many rows did you do before you frogged it?

They do have a tendency to be a bit wavy until you get a little farther along.

I decided to get on the bandwagon and make one, this is for my brother as a christmas gift. He is a spiderman fanatic. I took pictures of it on a kingsize bed, so its pretty big. I wish the pictures would of came out better, I took them using a disposable camera and I'm pretty awful at taking pictures. Oh well, here it is:

th_157511-R1-26-25A_027.jpg

th_157511-R1-25-24A_026.jpg

th_157511-R1-24-23A_025.jpg

Here is my progress so far on my first RR. I am using some yarn my SIL gave me awhile back. RR01WIP.jpg

I decided to get on the bandwagon and make one, this is for my brother as a christmas gift. He is a spiderman fanatic. I took pictures of it on a kingsize bed, so its pretty big. I wish the pictures would of came out better, I took them using a disposable camera and I'm pretty awful at taking pictures. Oh well, here it is:

th_157511-R1-26-25A_027.jpg

th_157511-R1-25-24A_026.jpg

th_157511-R1-24-23A_025.jpg

champygirl, it's looks great! :clap what pattern did you use? I am going to start one soon for my nephew.

Candy that is beautiful I guess I should get off my toosh and get a pic of mine up here. Yours reminds me of christmas. I will have to look around for some colors like that to make one for xmas to cuddle under

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/Craftymomma/DCP_0759.jpg

I made this RR for my friends new baby, Fara Mae. She ended up being premature 7 weeks, but she is growing like a champ now. I used RHSS in White, Light Pink, Shocking Pink and Hot Red. She has a red nursery. I have three more of these started. They are very addicting.