Momentous Occasion: PK Doily Extraordinaire

The Shrone

momentousoccasion-thumb.jpgmomentouscenterdetail-thumb.jpgmomentousedgedetail-thumb.jpg

All images are clickable

Here is the doily I've been working on in bits and pieces since September. It is Momentous Occasion from Patricia Kristoffersen's Ultimate Doilies. The diameter hasn't yet been measured, but I'm guessing it's a little over 12 inches.

It is made using Olympus size 40 thread in variegated pinks and purples.

This doily had some interesting stitches to accomplish. There are two rounds of almost lateral, sideways stitches that were made by working behind a stitch post and pulling the hook and thread in ways that are almost unbelievable. My dexterity with hook and thread was put to the test.

My thought is that I'll enter this doily into one of the local fairs, and I'm not yet certain if I'll try again with the Puyallup Fair considering what happened with the judging there last year. :P I am thinking I'll give the Evergreen State Fair a chance to see how the judge scores.

Lori, you doily is stunning. The details are so amazing. This had better take grand at any fair you enter it in. :)

Archived