Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

I saw it too, but I am waiting for the 40% off coupon next week,,,,I am so fortunate, I live about 2 min. from the Hobby Lobby, so I print the coupons on line and use one every day,,,I am so cheap!:blush

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used "I Love This Yarn" for several projects now, and it is my favorite acrylic worsted weight yarn. It doesn't hurt that the cost is competitive with Red Heart. It is the softest acrylic I have felt outside a LYS. I found the Crafts, Etc.! website to have a very limited number of colors, but in the Hobby Lobby brick and mortar, there are at least 40 to 50 colors, solid and ombre, even a pink camouflage to compare with Bernat camouflage. Hobby Lobby has a store locator on their website, if you want to see if there are any near you.

itzhunic recently sent me 4 skeins of ILTY after finding out we don't have HL here. I can't believe how very soft it is, and how big the skeins are for such a great price. I wish we can HL here but then again it's probably good we don't LOL.

I spotted the sport weight and ILT Cotton at my local HL. The cotton was with the dishcloth cotton. It looks softer and comes in lovely colors. Unfortunately I am on a yarn diet .....otherwise I would have bought one in each color.

ooooohhhh, I missed that. Gives me a good excuse to go back and look some more!

Ooh, I saw the ILT Cotton for the first time last week and I snatched up 6 skeins. It is so soft. I'll figure out something to do with it. :lol

I was very unhappy at HL tonight. They raised the price on the ILTY it is now $2.79. It used to be $2.49. I also looked at the cotton tonight. I bought a skein it is $2.99 for 3.5 oz. It is super soft and the colors are very yummy. I will let you know how it works up.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got our first HL here in AZ, YEAH!!! I had loved shopping there while we lived in CO. Went yesterday & was thrilled to find they had a larger selection of yarn than the "other guys".

Remembered reading great reviews of ILTY & bought 2 skeins to try it out for a quick scarf. This may be new to the line: Color: High Sierra Stripe? On the band it says "I Love This Yarn - Stripe". I saw that they have Ombre's also so I bought it assuming :eek it may be a "self striping" yarn??

Anyway the colors are beautiful (our store had probably 25 different solids & 10-15 Ombre's & Stripes) and the yarn is sooo soft. Can't wait to start using it.

Anyone tried this "new" Stripe ILTY? Is it "self striping"?

Marie

I too am quite unhappy with Hobby Lobby raising their prices like they have. It seems that I am finding more and more bad spots in the yarn and seeing lots of knots, uneven-ness, and tangles. I had to buy 2 extra skeins of yarn to finish a project because of all of the bad spots. :thumbdown

• 3 weeks later...

its a great yarn..... I am crocheting a log cabin quilt/blanket out of it..... and its so soft and washes up well..... I got a bunch when it was on sale for 1.99 a couple of weeks ago......

H.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave my mom several skeins for her birthday and she just started using them (she's more disciplined about finishing WIPs before starting new than I am). She is another fan! She raved about how soft it is and so easy to work with-slidy, not splitty.

My friend just made me an afghan out of this. She needed an "excuse" to try out that yarn, so she said she needed to make me a blanket. I just had to laugh. I am using the leftovers to make matching coasters. :)

It seems much softer than the Red Heart yarn I have previously bought.

lol! For the longest time I didn't even know there was any other yarn! This is what my grandma always bought for me to crochet with and in a small town wal-mart there weren't other choice! :blush Who Knew? :lol

yeah same way with me then we got a LYS. :lol

There are 37 new colors of ILTY available at Crafts Etc. :manyheart:devil:yay:cheer:clap:c9:hook

That is to say, they're new to Crafts Etc., not necessarily altogether new. But for those of us with no Hobby Lobby, this is WAY cool! I think I'm gonna faint! :lol

There are 37 new colors of ILTY available at Crafts Etc. :manyheart:devil:yay:cheer:clap:c9:hook

That is to say, they're new to Crafts Etc., not necessarily altogether new. But for those of us with no Hobby Lobby, this is WAY cool! I think I'm gonna faint! :lol

:clap:clap:clap:clap Yay! Finally! I'm off to check them out. The next time they're on sale, I guess I'm in big trouble!!!!

I wonder when they're going to put the new cotton yarn on their webstie? :think

Thanks for the heads up!

:hug

Thank you for the info. I guess I'm going to do some shopping. Have you purchased from them before. I'm leary unless I know the name and I didn't know this site. If others have ordered from them, then I finally be able to try out the ILTY.

Archived