Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

I bought a couple skeins of the ILTY in the new color 'Autumn Stripe'. I am making a scarf out of it. It looks like it is variegated, but once you start working with it, you realize it is a striping yarn :clap:clap

It is so soft and easy to work with. I've been using this yarn since it first came out, and love working with it. I love all the new colors, too. I've bought some green, the pinks, some blues and a few grays.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone tell me how this yarn compares to the Vanna yarn? Is it softer? How does it work up? How does it wash? Does it split?

In my opinion, it is softer than Vanna's yarn, it works up great....it glides on the hook and doesn't squeak, washes great and doesn't split at all. I use it for ghans, scarves, rugs, shawls and just love it. It is my favorite acrylic yarn. They are coming out with new colors all the time now.

Oh, it is cheaper too :clap

In my opinion, it is softer than Vanna's yarn, it works up great....it glides on the hook and doesn't squeak, washes great and doesn't split at all. I use it for ghans, scarves, rugs, shawls and just love it. It is my favorite acrylic yarn. They are coming out with new colors all the time now.

Oh, it is cheaper too :clap

Thank you! Looks like I have to make a trip to HL.

it was $1.99 now its over $2.00 which upsets me!!!!:sigh I still like the yarn, but guess I will wait til I get the 40% off coupon, which I have, but dont need anymore yarn right now!!!!

I ordered and received some of the Ivory from the online (associated) site. It is sooo soft. They still only offered 4 colors. So, I just sent them an email asking why they only offer 4 colors online. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Agnt, why would not needing any yarn keep you from buying it? Wish I had your resistance.

I agree, why only 4 colors? I dont live anywhere near a HL and would LOVE to try it. The nearest one to me is 2 hours away. I have been through Green Bay but usually on Sundays and that HL is closed on Sundays. I cant believe it, they must lose a lot of $$$$. Sunday is usually my "shopping" day!

I do a lot of charity work, and ILTY sounds like an economical way of doing it with a quality yarn.

I would be interested in what they say why they only carry 5 basic colors.....

thanks, Debbie

uwcheese

I received a reply to my email to Hobby Lobby!

This is the e-mail that I sent: " Your "I Love This Yarn" was enthusiastically recommended by some of the folks over at the crochetville.com ('Ville) site. I don't have an HL near me so I was forced to your online site. Unfortunately, you only offer 4 colors there! Because of the recommendations though, I did order 10 skeins. I have received them and they are sooo soft. But I have a question: Why only offer 4 colors online? From what those of my fellow 'Ville members who live or work near you say, HL offers a significant number of colors at its stores! Do you not want to sell this yarn to those of us who do not live or work near one of the HLs? I would think that you want to sell your yarn to whoever wants to buy it. It's not as though you even ship it for free and risk losing money! Looking forward to your reply."

This is the e-mail reply from Hobby Lobby:

"Hi Ann,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am glad you really like the “I Love This Yarn” product. Currently we only sell four colors of this product, both in the stores and online. We are working hard to secure more colors of this merchandise for our customers. We hope to have more colors in the near future.

Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby.

Wayne Huffling

Hobby Lobby Customer Service Manager"

I'm glad that I received a reply, but I don't understand why Mr. Huffling says that HL only sells 4 colors "in the stores." Especially as I told him that fellow 'Villers had seen/purchased more than 4 colors at HL stores (:think)!

I'm thinking about writing him again, but I need to build up my strength to write again (:)). Meanwhile, here's Mr. Huffling's e-mail address for anyone that wants to contact HL: wayne.hufflingAThobbylobby.com (change the "AT" to an @ sign)

WOW!!

That is so interesting. :think He says they only sell 4 colors, yet I have 14 colors here in my yarn/linen closet right now :D

Sounds like he needs to either update his stock email or do some leg work to see what the company sells.

Mel,

Thanks for your post! I just sent another e-mail to Wayne at HL with the info on the 14 colors you currently have in your yarn/linen closet. I'll let your know what he replies. That is, if he replies - he might not (:lol)!

But, whatever happens, it's good to let the merchants know that we do talk to one another (:compute) and expect - and are willing to demand - the best customer service!!

I emailed them and this is the response I got:

Hello Debbie,

Thank you for your e-mail and you interest in Crafts, Etc!

I will let my boss know that you requested more colors!

Have a great day, and if you have and further questions or comments, please let me know.

Mel,

Thanks for your post! I just sent another e-mail to Wayne at HL with the info on the 14 colors you currently have in your yarn/linen closet. I'll let your know what he replies. That is, if he replies - he might not (:lol)!

But, whatever happens, it's good to let the merchants know that we do talk to one another (:compute) and expect - and are willing to demand - the best customer service!!

The funny part of it is that with me having 14 colors of ILTY, I don't even have all of the colors my HL carries. And the lady in charge of the yarn department told me Tuesday that more colors are on the way!!

my hl only has a few colors of this. but I have also noticed that recently they redid the fabric section and yarn section and the yarns and stuff of the like are way way smaller and I usually don't like what they have anymore in there. So for me lately it has been either drive an hour each way or go the my lys which is 20 min away. I do spend more money at my lys but since I get so much from her she usually gives me a nice discount.

I just came from my local Hobby Lobby, and I found 21 colors of I Love This Yarn! The colors are gorgeous and the yarn is really nice to the touch. I thought the price was fair too, $2.49 for a 5 oz skein. I couldn't resist bringing home a couple of skeins of Autumn Stripe!

UPDATE:

On Wednesday, I sent a follow-up e-mail to Wayne at HL that read (in part): ".... Please let me know how many colors Hobby Lobby sells in the stores. And, when Hobby Lobby plans to make all the colors available online."

Received his reply today: "HI Ann,

I am sorry about the misinformation given in my previous e-mail. We soon will have up to 74 colors to choose from in the stores. However, we only have four colors online.

The yarn buyer tells me they are working on getting more colors available online asap, so please keep checking the website for updates.

Thanks for shopping at Hobby Lobby.

Wayne Huffling

Hobby Lobby Customer Service Manager"

74 colors!! :clap Now wouldn't it be great if you could eventually order all the colors :compute ?

I just came from my local Hobby Lobby, and I found 21 colors of I Love This Yarn! The colors are gorgeous and the yarn is really nice to the touch. I thought the price was fair too, $2.49 for a 5 oz skein. I couldn't resist bringing home a couple of skeins of Autumn Stripe!

$2.49 for 5 oz? So the price went up from the original $1.99 for 7 oz??

That's too bad. I hate when they do things like that.....

:(

I would be so happy if I could order ILTY online in more than the basic 4 colors avail online. I can't wait to see them. We dont live by a HL. I've heard so much about this yarn. It seems to be an overall acceptable yarn to almost everyone. That, I would like to see!

Debbie

uwcheese

$2.49 for 5 oz? So the price went up from the original $1.99 for 7 oz??

That's too bad. I hate when they do things like that.....

:(

The solid colors are $2.49 for 7 ounces. The variegated is $2.49 for 5 ounces.

Silly me, I showed my daughter the yarn I bought and she immediately begged for one skein of the Autumn Print so she can knit a hat. Now I KNOW I have to buy some more:hook

I'm glad to hear they have plans for lot more colors.. this yarn is beautiful, and I noticed the lack of yellows, oranges, and purples...and I wondered...

There were 21 colors available at my HL today and I came home with seven of them. :c9 I also brought home a bunch of Yarn Bee Sassy Girl - $1.99 instead of $9.99. :yay

My son was NOT ammused. :eek Like the last thing he thinks I need is MORE YARN!!!!!!!

I just went in for buttons, honest! :yes

Has anyone used this yarn yet? I just saw it today. I'm a die hard Red Heart user but this new yarn is so soft and the price is just right that I'm tempted to try it. I just wonder if it washes nicely and works up nicely. Please let me know if anyone has used it.

Thanks. Kim

YES I HAD A FRIEND SEND ME SOME TO MAKE HER A PONCHO.AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL.I WENT TO OUR HOBBY LOBBY IN ATHENS I BOUGHT SOME IN COFFEE TO MAKE AN AFGHAN FOR A WEDDING PRESENT AND IT TURNED OUT THE NICEST I HAVE EVER MADE.IT DOESN'T DO FRINGE VERY WELL AS IT UNREVELS.BUT VERY EASY TO WORK WITH AND SO SOFT.I LOVE IT.

.... IT DOESN'T DO FRINGE VERY WELL AS IT UNREVELS.BUT VERY EASY TO WORK WITH AND SO SOFT.I LOVE IT.

Thanks for the "heads up" about the ILTY's unraveling not allowing a good fringe. I think I'd make a fringe of chains then. It uses more yarn but I like the look of it when its done. (In case anyone hasn't done/seen this kind of fringe, here's a photo from the about crochet site.)

I finally went to a Hobby Lobby when it was open!!!!!! I always drive by it but on Friday later night and Sunday all day, they are closed. But yesterday, I am sure you all felt my excitement, I was able to not only see, but feel this ILTY product that you are all talking about.

There were many bins for it, but only 9 skeins were there so of course, I bought them all. There is 7 oz vs 3.5 for Vanna's yarn. It was 2.49/skein for 7 ounces. There one skein of "Fall variagated" type yarn, 5 ounce skein. It was stuck in another bin for a different yarn completely. It is a soft yarn and available in a large variety of colors, so they say. It is a tad thinner than Vanna's, but it is working great on an afghan I started today. I love the feel of it and the price, AND I dont have to add in another skein of yarn after a few rows as you have 7 ounces of yarn to use before you need to add another skein.

I expressed my disappointment on how empty the bins were. The clerk said they can't keep them filled. As soon as the yarn comes in, it goes out, out the door. I asked her if she had a color card. There isnt such a thing. I told her if the stores took pictures of each color, then those of us that would like to purchase it, could ask friends/family that live by HL to purchase it for us.

She thought that was a good idea but we'll see!! Then I figured, if the yarn goes out that fast, they probably don't need any more business!!!!

lol...

Debbie/uwcheese

Archived