Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

Yes, I've ordered from them before, and I know many others here have as well. They ship fast and pack well. I'd never heard of them before coming here either. I love that they give free shipping with a $25 minimum purchase. I'm gonna be in big trouble too when it goes on sale! :hook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This week they have "I Love This Yarn" yarn on sale at HobbyLobby for $2.22/skein. I bought 32 skeins to use to make afghans for Christmas presents. I have also used this yarn to make prayer shawls. It is one of the softest acrylics I have ever used. It also holds up good after being washed.

That shopping trip must have been sooo much fun. I would love to do that. No HL here by me.

Maybe it is my old eyes, but the yarn pictures online look muted and the colors are off. It really frustrates me so I am not sure about ordering online. They dont look true to the actual color. Has anyone else noted that or is it just me?

thanks, Debbie

I have trouble ordering colors online. Monitors are different so the colors can look different for each person. If I have already seen the yarn and color in person, then I can be confident of what I would get if I ordered, regardless of what I may see on my monitor. However, if I've never seen the color before, it's a real crap shoot!

Its probably my favorite yarn ever! I use it on almost all my afghans. However our Hobby Lobby has over 30 colors and they are at 2.79 now. They usually go on sale for 1.99 or most recently seems like only for 2.22 every 2-3 weeks. :D

• 1 year later...

I bought some last night to make some Christmas project in. I was going to buy RH but saw this and decided to try it. When I sat down to use it, I literally said "I Love this Yarn!" which was funny because I realized that was the NAME of the yarn! Now, I know why they named it that...I really love this yarn for inexpensive yarn. I believe its going to replace my previous favorite of Simply Soft. Simply Soft has gone up in price so I was looking for something economical and soft. This yarn does not split near as bad as Simply Soft either! YAY Hobby Lobby! I'm so happy to have found it!:cheerThe only improvement I can think of is that they would make it no dye lot the way SS was.

I bought several skeins of this yarn earlier this year and have used it a few times. First time I used it was for a hat with a brim, but I found it didn't hold it's shape well. Currently, I'm using it to make a crocheted dog bed. My puppy was lying on my work as I was making it, and she immediately curled up in it. The yarn is really soft for acrylic and I love the colors. Although I find the colors similiar to Red Heart, I find some of the Red Heart colors too bright, especially with the pastels. ILTY has a better selection of colors to me.

However, I doubt I'll be buying too much for a while. As always, I'm trying to destash, so unless I need yarn for a large project where I have to buy new yarn, I'm really trying to cut back on my yarn buying habit.

• 3 months later...

Archived