Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

I do love this yarn - sooo soft and great colors. Our Hobby Lobby has an very nice selection of colors including multis. I will probably switch to using it almost exclusively (barring good sale/clearance prices) as soon as I whittle down my stash. :D I don't think I want to combine it with other yarns unless they are of equal softness or the item would probably feel kind of odd.

Triskele

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought ILTY to make a a babyghan, and I already like it much better than Red Heart. It's quite soft (can you imagine how much softer after it's washed?), and less expensive.

I had a couple of knots in the first skein, but they blended into the pattern ok.

I wish I had known I could get it online; I would have bought a different color for the babyghan, but it's still pretty.

• 4 weeks later...

I am new to this site, but not as new to "I Love This Yarn". The day it was being stocked at the Hobby Lobby I just happened to be there with just a litte cash on hand. lol

I purchased enough (or I thought) to make four or five afgans. This yarn is so soft and the colors are just great. My only problem at this point is that my 5yr grand daughther has picked out the Crayon varg., with yellow, red and the navy for a very special afgan which her mother has designed with her name in it. To complete this project we need a green that will match. I have written Hobby Lobby in hopes of getting an idea if they plan to release new colors. But in the mean time. Does any one have a suggestion for a sutilbl yarn, that will mix well with both weight and texture of this yarn.

When I complete this project I hope to post a picture of it, along with it's young owner.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about other Hobby Lobby but the one I work in just got all the ILTY that I ordered last week. We had been out of several colors for a long time. I got my truck sheet Thursday and looked at it and none of the 10 or so colors was out of stock :) I got them all, I was so happy, now to make room for them all :clap

Has anyone used this yarn yet? I just saw it today. I'm a die hard Red Heart user but this new yarn is so soft and the price is just right that I'm tempted to try it. I just wonder if it washes nicely and works up nicely. Please let me know if anyone has used it.

Thanks. Kim

Our Hobby lobby has lots of colors...

Buy in bulk tho... It doesn;t last long when its stocked.

That is for sure and hope you get enough to complete your project. One nice thing is that they have alot of copmlimenting colors to go with their varigated yarns. But please make sure that you get enough the first time around. I learned from a bad experince.

I am waiting for the next sale to stock up again. Made a pretty white afghan for a new grandma at the church to give to her grandson.

That yarn is so soft and easy to work with.

The name is absolutely right!

:manyheart

Oh oh...you will get lots of posts on this yarn. I was a Red Heart fan until someone told me about ILTY. It is phenomenal. The price point makes it worth it even without the quality issue. When it goes on sale for $1.87. I stock up. In fact, my bed is being held up by three under-the-bed containers full of ILTY. There is an online site: crafts etc. that sells it. Free shipping over $25 and NO tax, at least in Wisconsin even though there are HLs in our state. I guess because of the website being an affiliated company but not HL.

I love using this yarn. They have variagated yarns that the solids match perfectly. I have not had any trouble with the yarn at all. It is much softer and easier on my hands.

You will love it!!!

Debbie

uwcheese

I sure wish this would go on sale again....No HL here so i have to order it on line...

I love this yarn it is so much better than RH

• 1 month later...

OMG... I just found this yarn and I really DO love it!

I was coming on here to tell everyone about it!

I was doing some practice swatches (trying to learn tunisian stitches) and I love how it looks and how it feels. It's wonderful!

Why didn't you guys tell me??? :devil

If you love this yarn just wait :). I work in the needlework dept at my local Hobby Lobby and they have added more colors :). They are also adding a few new lines of ILTY. We have recieved a sport weight one, we are getting a cotton one and a wool one. I haven't seen them yet just know that I am having to rework my entire yarn dept to make room for them as well as a few other styles of yarn. They told us the yarn should start shipping to us within the next 45 days so make the room now :).

I have used "I Loved This Yarn" and yes, I love it also. One word of caution, and this is my own personal opinion after using it twice - it does not go quite as far as regular yarn. What I am saying is, if you are doing a specific project with this yarn - buy some extra - I was sure glad that I did. I needed an extra skein at least. I used it making Christmas presents last year. The Hobby Lobby I go to has had this yarn for more than a year. Hope this helps.

I also just bought my first batch of ILTY and it won't be my last! It is very appropriately named!

Yes, I have used this yarn to make a couple of different things. I also like it. One word of caution, to me, it did not go as far as some yarns so my suggestion is if you are doing a specific project, buy an extra skein at least. I as glad I did because I needed it. I always have yarn let from a project when I buy the designated amount. Will I buy this yarn again - absolutely!

I am currently working on my first granny square using HL's I love this yarn. I love it, will definitely buy it again. At this point not sure I can go back to rhss, I didn't notice how scratchy it was before, but after using ILTY, the scratchiness is very much an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Catlizg

OK, I'm a convert too. I ordered it online so that I can make an afghan for my son - his request. They had the colors I was looking for and though I really like Vanna's Choice, those colors are very specific team colors. I was surprised at how reasonable the yarn was for the quality. Definitely a good choice.

we don't have hobby lobby here but I found some on etsy and got a super good deal on it. Had to try it out. I hear so many good things about it. Anyways, love the way it feels. A-mazing!!!

Julee

I Love this Yarn is also sold on www.craftsetc.com and it is currently on sale for $1.87. They have quite a few colors there. I checked one of my skeins and it does say made in Turkey so I am assuming it is the same yarn.

LI Roe

I came across this yarn by accedent and I'm glad I did. I've got 2 afghans going for christmas and I started making a wrap for myself today. It's much softer then RH super saver which I also use. ILTY does have more colors now but they need more, you can never have to many colors.

Yes, Craft ect has all worsted weight on sale.

I really wish I could afford to buy some of that right now. It is really nice yarn. I was pleasantly surprised by it's great quality and softness and it's not really thin (something I don't like about simply soft).

Julee

Archived