Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

No email addie? I don't do snailmail very often.

Sort of. It looks like it's an on-site email type system.

Click this link. Then click on "Customer Service" under the "Email Directory", and it will take you to a page where you have fields to enter your email address, your name, the subject, and the text you would like to send.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting fact on I Love This Yarn. Ants love it. :lol I was crocheting outside and had a skein of white on the table because I was running low on the attached white skein. When I went to start using it, I realized that ants had marched right up the table and were literally covering the entire skein!!! So nasty!! And weird. There must be something in it that attracts them. :)

Anyway, I got them all off, but won't be crocheting with it outside again. :D

PLEASE make a small swatch and test durability - pull on it, wash it, whatever. I lived in Turkey lots of years ago and although workmanship on items was good, thread, material, etc was not

I talked to 2 different store managers today regarding this yarn. I was told that it was selling really well and when that happens, Hobby Lobby puts more colors and stocks more quantities of yarn. Well, I had contacted Hobby Lobby Customer Service a few months ago about getting more colors of this yarn and it didn't sound very promising.

Well, today, I e-mailed Customer Service again, and guess what they said? They are in the process of getting more colors of this yarn and to be looking for it in stores soon!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:c9:clap I have been a loyal Red Heart crocheter but that is about to change. I actually don't use any yarn besides Red Heart, but I absolutely love "I Love This Yarn"!!!! Sorry to have rambled. Just wanted to update those who love it like I do.

Thank you for the update!

I'm so glad to hear that they will be adding new colors soon :cheer:clap

I have been using this yarn for a lot of my latest projects. I have made 3 round ripple rugs out of this yarn and they are holding up great. I have one of them in the highest traffic area (near the front door) and it gets walked on a lot. This yarn washes up quite nicely too.

I hope they get some variegated colors as well as solids. I really like using variegated yarn.

I was there looking for something to use my 40% off coupon on last week and couldn't find it!!! When I asked if they were going to stop carrying it she said no, she just hadn't brought any out to fill the shelf (she was rearranging the whole yarn department)...she mentioned something about it being their brand but not under the Yarn Bee name...so if it suddenly disappears, might be under the store brand when the new colors come out?

Mel, you are brave to make a rug out of such soft yarn. Thanks for the feedback on durability. I think you gave it a pretty good test!!!

I am almsot done with my project with this yarn there is only one thing I dont like about it, when i was blanket stiching around the fleece squares the color (navy) was coming off on my fingers, now that I am crcheting with it it dioesnt rub off as much, I hope it was just that skein and that my hobby lobby gets more

Mel, you are brave to make a rug out of such soft yarn. Thanks for the feedback on durability. I think you gave it a pretty good test!!!

I made the rugs with 2 strands and used a size J hook. I wanted the rugs to be thick, but soft. It is a round ripple rug, and I wanted the stitches to be close together. That is why I went with a size J hook

Here are 2 pictures of the one by the front door. The first one is the original, the second one was taken today. It gets walked on a lot and still looks like it did the day I finished it! I just wish the lighting was the same.

th_MomRug1a.jpg

th_MomRug1b.jpg

both clickable

Mel, thanks for the pics. I think we can say ILTY is Durable.

NoQ, I haven't had any trouble like that yet. :think

Joy, I really think this yarn is a winner. It's so very economical and so very soft. Now if they can make lots of lovely colors and have all the colors at all Hobby Lobbies.

• 2 months later...

I've been buying this to make afghans. Unfortunately, the price went up to $2.49, but it's still a great deal. The afghan I'm working on now is a ripple that uses two strands and a P hook. It is so soft and snuggley that I think I spend as much time feeling of the afghan as I do working on it. :)

No HL here, but have heard a lot about the softness and what a great value it is. I am thrilled it is available online. May order some and try it. Too bad Hobby Lobby doesnt have a website and sell it there.....

Debbie

uwcheese

I was just there today as well and discovered the price went up to $2.49. I also discovered 2 more colors. Pastel blue and graymist. I wish they hadn't raised the price but I'll still buy it. I have enough to keep me busy right now, so maybe by the time I'm allowed to buy more yarn, they will have more colors on the shelf.

• 4 weeks later...
And it's on sale this week, $1.99!

They just introduced this yarn earlier this year at $1.99 regular price and now it's $2.99 but $1.99 if on sale. Yikes!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been to Hobby Lobby in a few weeks and decided to stop by yesterday. Well, imagine my surprise when I saw the multiple shelves of "I Love This Yarn". Yes, multiple shelves, and not of just the same old colors. I counted about 30 different colors. I am so happy!!!!!!!!! There are greens and pinks and purples, some new blues,a yellow and orange and still the originals. Just thought I'd give you all an update. Oh, yeah, I'm in Colorado Springs.

Archived