Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

Debbie, the variegated type you are talking about is called 'Autumn Stripe'. It is a striping yarn. I have 2 skeins and I am making a scarf with it (well, it is on hold right now so I can get a few orders done).

I have used both Vanna's and ILTY, and I prefer ILTY. It is softer and cheaper. Plus I love the new colors, and can't wait to see the rest of the colors they have.

I've made scarves, shawls, afghans and rugs with it. I've been using it since it first came out and it is my favorite acrylic yarn.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I have seen "some' of the colors and the quality, it makes me even more frustrated that the yarn is not available online. I figured it out, that even if they do charge shipping, it is still lots cheaper than Vanna's as it is DOUBLE the weight. Not to mention that we dont have to play the "Lets wait until it goes on sale" game because the regular cost is much less than most of the sale prices have been on Vanna's per weight.

Debbie,

uwcheese

I went to Hobby Lobby for the 1st time a cpl weeks ago to get some yarn for an afghan I'm making for hubby and I grabbed this yarn. I liked the way it felt. It was 2.49 for a 7 oz skein. I can't remember how many colors they had but I think half of the one side was red heart and the other half was this brand. I would've grabbed red heart but I just do not like the feel of it and then I saw this brand and even though it's (or was) 2.49 a skein I liked the feel of it enough to buy it. My only complaint though(and it may not even be limited to this brand) is a cpl of my skeins have been tied into knots in the middle but I will buy this brand again.

I have used many many skeins of ILTY and have only had a knot in 1 skein. It is rare for me to use RHSS and not have at least one knot. I still use RHSS, Bernat Super Value, Caron, and other acrylics, but ILTY is by far my favorite.

I'm making a scarf with the autumn stripe too. I'd planned to use several other colors , but when I saw how this was working up, I decided to stick with the one yarn. I had to start it over several times trying to get the gauge right, and wound up using a larger hook and less stitches across to get it to the right width. I also should have started it during the day instead of after sunset...dark yarn, 46 year old eyes...:lol

• 2 months later...

I don't know how it will wash up until tomorrow, but I just finished a knitted poncho in this yarn, and it worked up beautifully. It was also awesome to work with. :) I like it much better than Red Heart. But, that's just me. I'll let you know about the washing after I do that. :)

Please be careful because I bought some of this yarn in Ivory and as always I made sure the dye lot numbers matched. The numbers matched but the color of the yarn did not. Half way thru a afghan I noticed the colors did not match so I took back the ones that were different and asked at the store how the color could be different if the dye lot says that they are the same. The woman in the yarn dept said that the yarn goes through machines that slap the labels on them and it goes until the labels are all used up. So be careful about the same colors matching as it seems the dye lot on the wrapper dosent matter. I find you have to take them outside to notice the difference in some colors as the stores use florescent lighting and it is harder to notice the difference in some colors. By the way I could not find find anymore that matched the 4 skeins I had alreay crocheted into a afghan and so therefore I had to settle for a lapghan as a Christmas present for my mother. Also I have noticed that this yarn seems to go on sale once a month.

I like the yarn it is soft. I have noticed at my local Hobby Lobby the are getting in more colors and thats great. I love the multicolor skeins. A bright yellow skein caught my eye today while I was looking around. It was not muticolor just pretty and bright.

yirishrose, I didnt know that about the ivory. They need to fix that. Many of us have been recommending this yarn.

Must be why I usually buy 2+ skeins extra of every color I buy! lol....

Don't forget, you can also get the yarn online in Crafts etc. It took about 4 days to get my last shipment after I placed the order. The shipping was quick and always securly packed. I did buy some more of the orchid I had purchased earlier. I will go check to make sure it is the same.

thanks, Debbie

Im new here and just wanted to say thanks for the info on CraftsEct.com

I placed an order a few days ago for 14 skeins of the I Love This Yarn....free shipping too...cant beat that :)

I actually bought 2 skeins of the red several months ago, just because it was so soft and the price was great. I used it to make a blanket for one of my babies :c9 Good Stuff.

There are 34 different colors.

However, they still don't have orange yet. :yell (I'm looking to make a orange wearable sometime down the road).

Anyway...ILTY is on sale this week at HL...$1.99...normally $2.49

As of 1/28, the yarn goes back on sale to be $1.99. I plan on stocking up tomorrow morning. It is my new Favorite yarn!

:manyheart

I like that yarn! Its soft. I can't find it anywhere online though! Everytime I google it I get blogs or whatnot that start with "I love this yarn____" oh well next time I'm home I'll take a big trip to hobby lobby. (In college, no car!)

Go to craftsetc.com

That is the only place online to order it (unless someone is selling it on ebay).

I am so happy. I picked up 4 skeins of white today for a baby Christening blanket.

I do love this yarn.

:manyheart

Hmm, I'm using this yarn to make a scarf and it seems stiffer than other acrylics I've used - Red Heart and Vanna's Choice. It may just be the color I'm using (a variegated blue). Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, have you tried anything to soften it - i.e. wash it?

Think I am going to wait a little while until some of the colors I wanted come back into stock. I think it runs until 2/15 or so. Remember, you just have to buy 13 skeins to get to the free ship. That's hardly nothing!!!!

lol........Debbie

uwcheese

Archived