Hobby Lobby's "I LOVE THIS YARN"

salos

Yesterday I found a Turkish yarn at Hobby Lobby that is a terrific deal. It's $1.99 for 7 ounces (198 grams). It's soft and well made. They only had a few colors available, but I imagine they'll be getting more in.

For some reason it was mixed in with RH super saver skeins.

Anyway, it's called "I Love This Yarn" -- rightly named.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this yarn today. It felt really soft, so I bought some in red. You're right, they only have a few colors. I think I saw 3 or 4 only. Hopefully they will get some more. It felt really soft.

Has anyone used this yarn yet? I just saw it today. I'm a die hard Red Heart user but this new yarn is so soft and the price is just right that I'm tempted to try it. I just wonder if it washes nicely and works up nicely. Please let me know if anyone has used it.

Thanks. Kim

I bought a skein of this the other day, and have so far crocheted a tiny teddy bear with it. It appealed to me because it's got the softness similar to Caron's Simply Soft, which I love, but with the sense of durabilty of the Red Heart. I haven't tried washing it yet, but it worked up beautifully, no splitting!

It's manufactured as a Hobby Lobby yarn, so you won't find it at Michaels or JoAnns either.

We don't have a Hobby Lobby around here *sigh*, but I did find that you can actualy order things from their website, including their house brand yarns!! I haven't checked for this new one though.

We don't have a Hobby Lobby around here *sigh*, but I did find that you can actualy order things from their website, including their house brand yarns!! I haven't checked for this new one though.

I've checked their website, and oddly this yarn is not listed in their online catalog...

Since it seems to be a new yarn, they might not have fully assimilated it yet. Which is what I'm hoping- I'd love to see some blues and greens in this yarn. It could put RH SS and Caron Simply soft out of the market!

I saw this yarn today at my Hobby Lobby and bought some in a regular white. I needed more white yarn anyway and I had my 40% off coupon. So it came out to be only $1.20 for a HUGE skein.

Like others have said, it is tons softer than Red Heart SS. There aren't too many colors that I saw. Hopefully Hobby Lobby will make a lot more.

I had seen this yarn, and petted it some. Love the feel, trying to find an excuse, I mean project, to use it on. Anyway, my Mom works at Hobby Lobby so of course I asked her if they were going to get more colors (mine has 6 and it looks like they might have just been sold out of two more). She said she'd inquire, but here's how it works with new yarns. They get a sample amount of a new yarn from HQ. Based on how it sells, the individual hobby Lobby decides how much to buy. So if it sells well, you'll be seeing pleanty of it stocked, if not... death of a yarn. I would assume if it gets a good enough response they'll generate more colors. Thought I'd share my insider info :wink . Hope this helps.

I'm helping with the cause ;) So far I have bought 6 skeins of it. The colors I have bought are royal, cranberry, black and white. I love this yarn and will be buying more of it.

yes our hobby lobby has it to so as always I had to have it .and of course I had to use itt when I got home . I made a short sleeve jacket and it is so soft . heres the thing it is classed as #5 bulky so be sure to check your gauge it may look the same as ww but it may not be.I do hope they get more colors as well .of course red heart is way behind in coming out with new colors .I doubt if any one at red heart even crochets alot as we do and just die for new colors you can only make so many things the same old colors. I was wondering if anyone noticed that red heart deletes a color then they come out with patterns that call for that color?

Archived